1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damn, Caserio.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Sep 18, 2023.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Compare last season.
    You always do this, you’re always wrong.

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Sucks more than Dalton Risner was just there for the taking and we didn’t get him.

Maybe he wanted to go to a “contender” but even the team he went to (Vikings) have started 0-2. Sure they have a better chance of making the playoffs but we had the bigger need going into the season and should’ve/could’ve offered more.

Shark44 likes this.
  3. raining threes

A healthy OL of Tunsil/Green/Scuggs/Mason/Howard is a good OL. I dont think Mason is washed, it's only 2 games and they haven't developed chemistry. Gotta get healthy, Jones is an avg NFL player and Patterson is learning on the job, but I believe he will become a solid NFL OL. Good depth piece.

Pick WA/ trade up for Jalen Carter and thank your lucky stars. Draft your QB in 2024, but that's not what Hannah wanted to do.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I am. One good season means nothing if you can't repeat it or atleast get close to it. Also, I am comparing full careers. I am positive Maye is not throwing for 42 TDs with only 1 INT for the rest of this season.

5. raining threes

Disagree about not having a top 5 pick. But go with Mills then if you want to ensure yourself a top 5 pick. Right now all Hannah's doing is wasting Stroud's rookie contract and lessening the chance to win a championship. That's if you think Stroud's a top 5 QB. Unfortunately Hannah's to dumb to know that, or she doesn't care as long as the fans are full.

Screw the fan council.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There was no way the Texans would have stood pat with Mills at QB, if they didn't draft Stroud. You are idiot. Hannah is not doing anything. Stroud is learning the NFL. Every rookie has to go thru it, even on ready-made teams. The delusion u can just plug a rookie into a built team doesn't happen often. The 49ers were lucky with Purdy. Steelers will Big Ben was the other instance. The Chiefs waited a year to plug in Mahomes, since they had Alex Smith. Bengals were still building, but Burrow rapid development was a result of him being an "older" rookie.

7. raining threes

Ownership gave Lovie the Stingley pick.

Nick missed on the Green pick.

Hannah was the Stroud pick.

The McNair's went back on their word that Nick would be able to run the on field product as he saw fit. Now Nick is just doing what ownership and Ryans wants while he's collecting a paycheck. There's a reason Payton was talking about how bad the Texans management is screwed up.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Coulda taken a flyer on Trey Lance for only a 3rd round pick.

He'd either be good and our future qb or bad and we can draft high enough next year.

raining threes likes this.
  9. raining threes

No need for the personal attacks, we just have different philosophies on how to build a team. I think you take the L's build your team out then add your QB. I'm good with losing this yr and drafting a QB in 2024, because even though they drafted Stroud they're going to lose anyways. Patience should've been the key.

You think you should get the QB and build the team around him. Doing things the way you want to build it wastes the rookie QB's contract. This is particularly true with DM being Stroud's agent, because idf Stroud's any good, DM will want a big contract after year three, like he did with Watson, destroying the teams cap and chances of winning a SB. But hey, the stands were full Sunday and that's what matters most to Hannah, the fan council.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Hannah was the Stroud pick.... I am dying.

This is legit hilarious.

11. raining threes

Hannah misplayed her hand.

This is exactly what I would've done.

12. raining threes

Hannah and the fan council, there's a poster on this MB that heard this from ownership, (Minority ownership, not the McNair's)

Believe this or not, it doesn't matter to me.

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Texans are wasting Stroud’s rookie contract? Texans aren’t paying anyone big money right now besides the OLine. Who are they going to pay soon? Anyone on the roster? A top free agent? When’s the last time we paid top dollar for a FA?

We’re changing our culture and did what Jax took two years to do, in one draft. Franchise QB and top pass rusher.

There’s always going to be some that complain. If we stand pat and pick where we were, some would complain we weren’t aggressive enough. Then when we aren’t in position to get their desired player, they bring up a new scenario on what should’ve been done.

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Last season in Mayes first full season, Maye was better. End of story.

The numbers will be there, and there’s not even a remote chance of being equal surrounding talent. Maye is all UNC has

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. You are joke.

Maye's 2022 (1st full season): 38 TDs, 7 INTs, 4321 yards, 8.4 Y/A, 66.2 COMP%.
    Maye's 2023 (thru 3 games): 4 TDs, 4 INTs, 891 yards, 8.7 Y/A, 72.5 COMP%.

Stroud's 2021 (1st full season): 46 TDs, 6 INTs, 4435 yards, 10.1 Y/A, 71.9 COMP%
    Stroud's 2022 : 41 TDs, 6 INTS, 3688 yards, 9.5 Y/A, 66.3 COMP%.

UNC schedule is nowhere near OSU schedule over the last 3 years. I am struggling to see where Maye is better, especially going against worse competition. We are established Maye's last 4 games of 2022 sucked.....HE LOST TO Georgia TECH.

LOL. Sure, Maye doesn't have OSU's talent. However, he is also not playing OSU's schedule. #20Miami and #18Duke will be the only ranked (if they are ranked when UNC plays them) on the schedule. Clemson is not ranked. I am sure when UNC plays Campbell, May will put up 500 yards and 10 TDs to help his total.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This guy did hail Will Levis as the heir of the NFL come draft time. His ability to judge QB talent is undeniable.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Michael Penix may be pushing Drake Maye for QB2 so far this season.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Literally did not.
    You idiots ran with it.
    I said he has a higher upside that Stroud, which really isn’t debatable.
    But keep on lying, just say you know nothing about sports and move on.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No you’re the joke.

You are so mad that every pundit has Maye ranked higher than Stroud because in your words, he “looks like the prototype”.
    Say what you mean, you think Maye is overrated because hes white.
    When in reality he’s just a better prospect, physically and skillset.

Once again, you move so many goalposts to fit your narrative.
    Compare last seasons stats, when they both played. Maye was better. With a much, much worse supporting cast.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

We will see. I highly doubt it, Maye will most likely be pushing Williams for QB1.
    Bottom line is there’s a ton of top tier QB prospects in this draft.
    Ewers and Sanders may end up pushing for QB1/2 as well

raining threes likes this.