1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dame Lillard "I'm too solid for this weird azz era"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pringles09, Mar 31, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Full NBA memo sent to all 30 teams regarding rhetoric on trade request made by Damian Lillard and his agent Aaron Goodwin.

“Recent media reports stated that Damian Lillard’s agent, Aaron Goodwin, called multiple NBA teams to warn them against trading for Lillard because Lillard’s only desired trade destination is Miami. Goodwin also made public comments indicating that Lillard would not fully perform the services called for under his player contract if traded to another team.

We interviewed Goodwin and Lillard and also spoke with several NBA teams to whom Goodwin spoke. Goodwin denied stating or indicating to any team that Lillard would refuse to play for them. Goodwin and Lillard affirmed to us that Lillard would fully perform the services called for under his player contract in any trade scenario. The relevant teams provided descriptions of their communications with Goodwin that were mostly, though not entirely, consistent with Goodwin’s statements to us.

We have advised Goodwin and Lillard that any future comments, made privately to teams or publicly, suggesting Lillard will not fully perform the services called for under his player contract in the event of a trade will subject Lillard to discipline by the NBA. We also have advised the Players Association that any similar comments by players or their agents will be subject to discipline going forward.”

Jontro and i3artow i3aller like this.
  2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Trading Green and keeping Sengun lol

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Turning Chicken Littles when facing consequences.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

But if they don't say anything and just intentionally underperform to force a trade, would that be cause for discipline?

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Hell yah bruh. Trade the 2nd pick before he gets to play on a team trying to win going into his 3rd year. For a back court at 100 million a year that will continue to get worse every year before the rest of the players are under 23 and not ready to win yet. All in the process putting said player in a place almost identical to the one he wants out of in the first place.

Jontro and JayGoogle like this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Nope - nothing the NBA can do about that one.

At least they took the stance that they can take on the issue

Easy likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Not a bad haul for an extortion trade of a 33 year old

clos4life likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

A month after Damian Lillard requested a trade out of Portland, there remains no real traction on any kind of a deal, league sources tell The Athletic.

There remains no shift in Lillard’s mindset and his goal of playing for the Miami Heat in the wake of the league’s initiative to warn Lillard and his agent that any further comments made “suggesting Lillard will not fully perform the services called for under his player contract in the event of a trade” will be subject to discipline, according to sources. It was also a warning to other players and agents.

Lillard and his agent, Aaron Goodwin, assured the league that the All-Star point guard would “fully perform the services called for under his player contract in any trade scenario,” the league’s memo to all teams stated.

For the time being, however, a trade to Miami remains the scenario to watch for.

The Heat have been working on a trade package of expiring deals, three to four first-round picks and one of the team’s younger players, with Tyler Herro going to a third team. The deal could potentially also involve second-rounders and draft pick swaps, according to sources.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Too solid for this dragged out Miami ass era.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i dunno... he doesn't seem solid at all for me.

13. i3artow i3aller

14. i3artow i3aller

#835 i3artow i3aller, Sep 11, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
    J.R. likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

In other words, "I'm glad that nobody is paying much attention about this crap anymore. I can relax."

17. i3artow i3aller

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Miami is going to get Dame and I know the Rockets are going to be stupidly involved in it. I don' t think we would give up picks in this scenario, but holy **** would I be pissed if we took back Duncan Robinson. It will happen though and Stone will try to sell it to us.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_9-15-2023_3-03-20PM.png