1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas = the Real Choke City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by aboinamedray, May 4, 2007.

1. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

Looks like someone has become the real Choke City. We almost got the title during our championship run but if any team deserves the Choke City title, it's got to be the Dallas Mavericks. The roll they're on from last year is incredible, starting from blowing a 2-0 lead in what is quite possibly the closest they'll ever come in winning a title and now this, a 67 win team losing to the 8 seed. Amazing. Choke city forever.

2. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

I agree 100%

3. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

plus Tony Homo cant catch a perfect snap

4. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I'm not criticizing Dallas until after we get out of the first round.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

nothing like bad Karma

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Dallas problems are minor, they just need to retool and fixed their lineup get ride of Dampier and get real big man.

7. tmacyao111

tmacyao111 Member

not a mavs fan, but cant say anything intill we get out of the first round. We did blow a 2-0 aganist dallas to u know

8. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Who cares what Dallas does? Let's worry about the Rockets...we have one game left. If pepeple wanted to, they can say the Rockets haven't won a playoff series in 10 years and the last Houston football team to have a winning season was in 1993...Let's focus what goes in here, not anywhere else. Don't be like Aggie worrying about Longforn fan 24/7. Game 7 tomorrow night. GO ROCKETS!

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

To the extent that he did mention the Rockets in his original post, you have a point.

But this is the NBA Dish. Surely in this part of the boards we can bash Dallas without worrying about what the Rockets do, right! :)

10. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

well said

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Here's what I said in another thread:

Well, there's a new choke city in the midst. Dallas seems to be fitting that title perfectly. After a choke job by the Cowgirls last year, and now the Pony's this year. Seriously, the torch has been passed.

Congratulations Dallas, you deserved it.

Oh, and thanks for making an otherwise crappy night of mine....FANtastic!!!! :cool:

[​IMG]

:D :D :D :D

12. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

OK it's funny that the Mavs lost this series but I am still pissed we cant play them.

13. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

I agree. I love when two Texas teams duke it out. I was looking forward to travel to Dallas for the series. The Rockets will take care of business on Cinco de Mayo and we'll show Golden State how real Texas teams play!

14. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

15. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

16. Rockets2K3

Rockets2K3 Member

Randy Galloway (sports radio host in Dallas) was on the Dan Patrick Show. He called the city of Dallas Loserville.

Very fitting. :D

17. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Dallas getting a beatdown by the media. Around the horn, PTI

18. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

This is why I hate threads like this. Don't worry about other teams. They're not even our rival. We own the all-time series by a landslide and we were the first Texas team to win a title. We can't even take of business and now this thread looks foolish.