1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Lady has twins by different fathers??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Icehouse, May 19, 2009.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...n-twin-baby-boys--8211-different-fathers.html

Eleven-month-old Justin and Jordan Washington may have arrived in the world within just seven minutes of each other, but in an amazing twist of fate, they are half brothers.

Each has a different dad because their mother Mia Washington, had an affair and conceived two babies by different men at the same time.

The bizarre double conception happened when Mia cheated on her partner James Harrison with another man.

One of the boys is James's son, but the other is fathered by another man, whose identity has not been released.

After learning about her infidelity, James agreed to forgive Mia and raise both twins as his own.

Mia, from Dallas, Texas, said: 'I have twins who have different dads.
    'Out of all the people in America and all the people in the world, this had to happen to me.'

The truth came out when Mia visited Clear Diagnostics DNA Lab after noticing the twins have different facial features.

A paternity test confirmed her fears - it showed there was only a 0.001 chance that Justin and Jordan have the same father.

Authorities say the result is so rare that there are only a handful of known cases across the globe.

'It's very crazy, most people don't believe it can happen but it really can,' said Genny Thibodeaux, from Clear Diagnostics DNA Lab.

According to doctors, if a woman has more than one sexual partner while she is ovulating, there's a miniscule chance that different sperm cells can fertilise two separate eggs.

Dr Chris Dreiling, from the Paediatric Association of Dallas, told Fox News: 'Because sperm cells take a while to travel and eggs take a while to travel there can be an overlap.'

The couple is now coping with the aftermath of the DNA bombshell and plan to tell the twins when they're old enough to understand.

Mia added: 'When they opened the envelope and delivered the news they told me there was zero chance that James was Justin's father.

'My jaw dropped open.

'It was the weirdest thing to think that two little babies could have grown in my stomach together and been born seven minutes apart but yet have different fathers.

'I had never heard of it happening anywhere else in the world and literally had thought it would have been impossible.

'James said he would stay because he loved me and raise both of the twins as his own.

'I felt very wary at first, I kept thinking he'd try but then find out he couldn't cope with it and leave us after all.

'But everyday I'm thankful because the DNA result hasn't changed the way we are as a family. James is a good man; he's a great father and genuinely loves both of the twins.

'When they are old enough to know the truth about their different fathers I will tell them. Right now they are so young they don't know anything and they don't need to know.

'As far as I'm concerned, James is the father of both boys because he's the one there every morning when they get up and every night when they go to sleep.

'Some people may not agree with what I've done in the past but I have accepted my mistake and taken responsibility for it.

'If when he is older Justin wants to meet his real dad then that's his decision.

'Everyone around us has been shocked by the miracle of them having been conceived separately but born together.

'It's hard for me to wrap my head around it but those are the facts.

'Five months ago we found out that I was pregnant again and our new baby is due to arrive in the autumn.

'Right now I'm fully committed to taking care of my family and making sure their needs are met. I can guarantee there'll be no questions raised this time around!

'I'd advise other women to be careful about starting an affair - look what happened to me. Think hard about the consequences first, because the most bizarre things can happen when you least expect it!'

James said: 'It's a day by day thing.

'It's going to take time to build up trust between us like we had. Mia immediately came clean about her mistake and says she takes full responsibility for her actions.'

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Damn.

So thats why he didn't want to go to the white house and see Obama.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

well i am sure you had no part in that yourself its just "happened" to you

4. K mf G

K mf G Member

i was thinking along the lines that she was an HR director

5. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

what a great topic for family reunions

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

wow. what a skank. This had to be within a couple of days, no? her snatch sees more sperm than a p*rn booth

7. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

This is some House s hit.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This is great. No mention about what a morally bankrupt individual this woman is. Instead, she portrays herself and is portrayed in this article as a victim of circumstance. How sad.

I didn't think this would actually be rare enough to merit an article. It doesn't seem that unlikely to me. Not that the two are the same but dog breeders purposely do this all the time.

9. professorjay

professorjay Member

Yes, don't have an affair because you might have twin babies from different fathers!

Never mind the whole 'trust and commitment' to your significant other.

10. Isabel

Isabel Member

[​IMG]

huh-huh, your mother's a slut...

This is even one step beyond promiscuity or having affairs; how gross would it be to sleep with two different men on the same night/day? And to have that happen often enough that one of those days it just happened to be at that one time of the month you ovulate... and to be too dumb to keep track of your cycle and/or use protection...

11. mogrod

mogrod Member

Only in Dallas

12. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Lol, not the first time this has happended..

[​IMG]

13. joesr

joesr Member

gluck to the father (and step father at the same time?). hope it doesnt eat him inside.

14. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

I think Maury just had an orgasm.

15. yo

yo Member

That is not the same case. Those twins are from the same father.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

17. TheBigAristotle

Awkward family dinners to ensue.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Theres about a 42% chance the other baby's dad is Travis Henry.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

[​IMG]

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Theres about a 58% chance the other baby's dad is Shawn Kemp.