1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas going all out to get Lewis.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MysticRyder, Jul 25, 2002.

Tags:
  1. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

Cuban asked the Dallas fans to meet Lewis at the airport to show Lewis how much they want him. He is going all out to sign Lewis.

:D :D :D :D :D

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

If he visits H-Town

Houston fans should do the same

3. Old School

Old School Member

Wake up, Mystic...that was posted a few days ago in an article in the Dallas Morning News.

C'mon, man...you're better than that.

os

4. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

This is an update from the Dallas message board on Espn.com:

apparently there were a TON of people at the airport, along with the Mavs Dancers, Cuban, Little Nellie and Big Nellie. The reporter said his draw dropped when he stepped into the terminal.

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=nba_dal&id=121344

another Dallas post:

yeah, espn had a reporter at DFW, sounded pretty cool, 300+ fans plus everyone else

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=nba_dal&id=121346&move=nextThread

#4 ron413, Jul 25, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2002
  5. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

It may have been printed before I was just reporting what was on USA today news.

:D :D :D :D :D

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's funny! How can you not love the kind of enthusiasm Cuban has for his team and the all out effort he gives to put together a good product? Dallas fans have to love that.

I am a huge Rockets fan without a doubt but I kinda like the Mavs and I think Cuban is great for the NBA. I wish them luck....just not against the Rockets! ;)

Chris

7. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

fans who went probably got game tickets knowing cuban.

8. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

he lives in htown he has been here all summer and flew from houston to dallas

9. Stylez

Stylez Member

We have the ultimate trump card on Cuban: Lewis was born here!:D

If CD & Rudy get it together and put out some effort towards getting him, Dallas has no shot. We've got power dancers, we're getting a new arena and if Lewis joined us we would be right up there w/ the Mavs very soon and he would play a bigger role w/ us. And of course the ultimate trump I mentioned earlier.

10. Live

Live Member

'His draw dropped'? :eek:

Did someone call an ambulampse to help him with his draw? :D

11. ron413

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=dal

Fans greet Lewis in Dallas

About 150 Mavericks fans welcomed free agent forward Rashard Lewis as he arrived at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport on July 25. The Mavericks cheerleaders were also on hand to help greet Lewis before he began his private talks with team owner Mark Cuban. The 6-foot-10, 217-pound Lewis averaged 16.8 ppg and seven rebounds last season. Lewis began shopping his services after not getting the kind of offer he was hoping from Seattle.

12. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

It sure is good to be an NBA player. I wonder if Steve will act like this just so he could meet every team's cheerleaders, and then re-sign with Houston. :D
    (*knocks on wood to make sure this doesn't happend*) :)

13. ron413

14. TechLabor

TechLabor Contributing Member

Cuban is really working hard to make the Mavs the next trail blazers. Why do they need so many 3 and 4's without a true center?

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Techlabor - because there are not many "true centers" to be had in the NBA today.

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Hey, whatever works to get the job done. You can't knock the guy for using the resources at hand to land they guy he wants.

17. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Do the Mavs see a defensive stopper in Lewis or something?

Huge mistake for Lewis, if he only signs a 1 year deal with them. Since Dal won't have his bird rights, no one will offer him the max, after averaging like 13 ppg, which he will if he's on Dal.

18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Not that it makes much difference, Lewis was not born in Houston, rather Louisiana.

19. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Chad Ford just had a live chat on ESPN.com. This is what he said about Lewis:

Robert (Dallas): Do the mavs have a serious shot at signing Rashard Lewis? And if they do, does that hurt Najera's chances of getting re-signed?

Chad Ford: I think they have a very slim shot. If the Sonics honestly feel like he'll bolt, I'm sure they'll up their offer into the $70 million range. That should be enough to make Rashard happy. If he does decide to bolt Seattle, he loves the Rockets and would probably go to Houston. Chicago would probably be option No. 2. Dallas would be No. 3.

http://dynamic.espn.go.com/espn/chat/chatESPN?event_id=2082

20. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

You just made me very sad. :(