1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys....

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Well, since I know there are a few other big Cowboy fans on the board (RC, I remember you are) I wanted to start a thread to disscuss their season up to this point. I know this is gonna turn into a I-45 head on about which city is better and who has the hotter women.

But anyway.....

After seeing yesterdays game ( and I have seen all of them), I am convinced we are going to the Superbowl barring injury. We will get rolled there, but at least that is something.

What we showed yesterday and really after the third week is that our D is pretty dang good, and I should not even have to mention the O. Once Henry comes back, he makes our secondary average. Newman is basically a shut down, Henry is a good number 2, but I am frustrated with Williams this season as I think he makes a lot of mistakes that reflect on him, but weaken the other members of the secondary as well. Our linebackers though, are deep, led by the absolute freak, better than 2 Mario Williams (granted different positions) Demarcus Freakin Ware, whom I have to suppose is a very scary site with his size and speed coming right after you. Anthony Spencer looks like he will be a very good guy to have rushing with Demarcus in a few years. Tank Williams was good last night (looked tired, did get penetration, and Spears is ok, not living up to his potential, but ok.

Mentioning the O however, TO is breaking out, Witten is a top 3 TE in the league, and Romo? Hmmmmm, My dad (a Redskins fan) says he still thinks the league will figure him out, I doubt it. This guy is very, very accurate, moves incredibly well and is sneaky in the pocket. 2 running backs that should both be starters, and an O-line that has been better than I could have dreamed. Jason Garret is the real genius behind all this and I would like to thank him. If Terry Glenn comes back healthy than thats just super.

We should lose no more than 3 games and we just have to hope no injuries bite us.

We will have our own pick and The Browns pick (via Brady Quinn) Plus our 2nd and 3rd rounders 4 and etc.

I think with those first 2 picks we need to package for McFadden, or draft the best secondary or wide receiver available, imo.

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

HOUSTON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dallASS

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Your the first one to do that in this thread, this should be the equivalence of being first in a game thread.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

THIRD!!!!

DALLAS SUCKS!!!!

5. Angle02

Angle02 Member

Our two first rounders wont get us high enough to get McFadden thanks to the break-out Browns. We would have to package a player or another pick and thats too much to give up (depending on the player that is). I say we keep both picks and look for a WR or CB with the first pick. We could always trade down with the 2nd pick ala the Browns this year and the Bills in the past.

Overall the team is doing great. They need to stop it with the boneheaded penalties. Roy Williams is getting knocked on way too much. Half the time he's been burnt and got the blame....should have been blamed on someone else. Romo and TO are playing exactly how I thought they would. We do need a new starting RB. J. Jones just isn't cutting it imo. He doesn't run with the heart like Barber does. Offense looks great and the defense is getting better. Only problem with your post is how do you figure we would get rolled if we went to the Super Bowl? You're assuming we would be playing the Patriots and we did hang with them through the 3rd quarter. If we do get to play them again I hope our defense is healthy and that Terry Glenn will be back. Besides odds are the Patriots will have to go through the Colts again to get there.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

No offense to Dallas fans but who have they really played that is even decent? The Giants are the same way, they have played nobody decent. They played the Patriots but they got throttled by them. I mean they are 8-1 but the combined record of their opponents minus the Patriots and the Giants is a paltry 14-31 and even if you had the Patriots and Giants to that mix it only improves to 29-34.

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Dallas may be the best team in the NFC, but here's a list of AFC teams that I know are better.

New England
    Pittsburgh
    Indianapolis
    Jacksonville

And the AFC teams that might be better:

Tennessee
    Cleveland
    Baltimore
    Houston (Yeah, I'm using preseason as evidence, but it was a beat-down.)

The NL-AL comparison doesn't work for NFC-AFC. It's more like SEC - Conference USA.

8. weslinder

Oh yeah, Denver and KC might be better than the Cowboys, too.

9. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

I'm not a Cowboy fan by any means but the Texans are not a better team. Neither is J-Ville or Cleveland. You can make a legit argument that Pittsburgh is better.

The NFC is the weaker conference but Dallas has taken care of business. It's not their fault the conference is weak.

Unless Tom Brady goes down, nobody can stop N.E.

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

wes-

your dallas hate has blinded you. seriously

now way dallas is worse than denver, kc, cleveland, baltimore or the texans

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't like the Dallas Cowboys. Not one little bit.

I root for the Houston Texans. Pretty much because if you slap the name Houston on it, I'll root for it.

But in no way shape or form are the Houston Texans a better team than the Dallas Cowboys. I don't care what we saw in the preseason. We would absolutely get our ass kicked by the Dallas Cowboys right now. They are not comparable.

12. rocket tar

rocket tar Member

cowboys have barber. they don't need mcfadden. of course, any team would love to have mcfadden but the cowboys won't be in position to keep him so no reason to move a lot of pieces to do so.

cowboys are definitely the best team in the nfc but the afc is just a much better league. so unfortunately the cowboys will probably get blow out in the super bowl, but getting there will be nice.

13. weslinder

How do we know? Right now, the only evidence that we have is that they've beat 8 teams that haven't beaten anyone of note. Hawaii deserves a spot in the National Championship game more than Dallas deserves a spot in the Super Bowl.

14. Angle02

Angle02 Member

Wes and Pun strongly hate the Cowboys. Like I stated in the other thread you dont go 8-1 and not be a top. Who have the Cowboys played that are decent? Being around a .500 team is considered decent. Giants twice (6-3), Bears (4-5), Buffalo (5-4), Patriots (9-0)(we lost that game but losing the game in the 4th isn't getting throttled), and the Eagles (4-5). I count 6 decent + teams there.

15. Lil Pun

But who have the Cowboys even beaten in the NFC that is noteworthy? Any of the other division leaders? Anybody of note? Even Yahoo! this morning was calling the Giants a big tease. That's why I am looking forward to the second half of the season. They play some much better talent then at the beginning of the season.

16. Lil Pun

Being around .500 is decent? Since when?

Yes I strongly hate the Cowboys but I have stated after I see what they do during the second half of the season I'll give them more respect. I respect their record now but it is a bit inflated and I gave the stats to back that up.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i hate the cowboys but how can you deny that they're not a great team? they are arguably top 3, and definitely top 5 in the league. you don't go 8-1 in the NFL by being mediocre, even if it is against average teams. they got lucky against Buffalo but dems the breaks.

18. Lil Pun

Like I said, I respect the record because it is difficult to obtain but I will respect it more when they have faced some better competition. Great teams beat other great teams. They have not done that this year.

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Dallas is clicking now and its hard to argue they are not the best in the NFC...Now, the Patriots are the best in the league, but then its the Cowboys...

I'm looking forward to the next three games (Washington, Jets & Packers)...The packers are a nice story (although I'm sick of hearing about Favre), but they aren't balanced and talent wise, Dallas has the edge...

Btw, I think Houston women are hotter...

20. Angle02

Angle02 Member

I didn't say great or good. Decent. A decent team will play around .500 ball. Yahoo is dubbing the Giants as a tease but before last nights loss they, along with several other sports sites, were claiming them to be the top of the NFC. The stats you gave doesn't back anything up. All you gave was win-loss records combined. The same statement can be made about the Patriots if you take away the Cowboys and Colts win.