1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

As many of you know I am a huge Philadelphia Eagles fans and this is probably the biggest game in the NFL so far this year. Terrell Owens returns to Philadelphia after his very ugly exit last year after going to division rival Dallas and after the whole suicide fiasco last week. All eyes will be on Donovan McNabb, Owens, and the Philadelphia crowd and fans. It has been said that fans plan to shower Owens with empty prescription bottles when he takes the field on Sunday among other things. Not to mention this is a battle for first place in the very competitive NFC East with Dallas at 2-1 and the Eagles at 3-1.

The Eagles are looking sharp as they have the best offense in the NFL and have outrushed all of their opponents so far this year, a feat which they only did TWICE all of last year. They also have many people reconsidering their picks for winner of the NFC East as many people picked them last, including many posters on this board. . Their defense has looked suspect in that they have not been able to sustain a lead but they were able to do that last night and injuries to key offensive and defensive players need to be addressed. Dallas is looking good too as their defense came up big in the Tennessee game and Terry Glenn is looking like an All-Pro and Owens has come back quickly, again, from injury.

This is a huge game for both teams and even bigger for the fans of the Eagles. I am hoping the Eagles can pull this game out.....in blowout fashion. GO EAGLES!!!

#1 Lil Pun, Oct 3, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  2. MadMax

MadMax Member

i think Donovan McNabb is my favorite player in the game today. very easy to root for.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

i used to love TO....when he was quiet in san fran

then the Catch II happened...

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

Should be a great game...I can't wait...It's Texas-OU weekend, so they'll be a lot of ladies out this weekend...Then the Cowboys-Philly game, good times...Donavon can't do it alone and can't against a great D...

Cowboys: 31

Eagles: 21

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

Not sure what will happen...the crowd could very well be a factor in this one moreso than in other games. The Atlanta vs. New Orleans game...Atlanta didn't really have a chance it seemed like with a lot of that due to fan noise.

I've got to go with Dallas on this one, though, considering Philly hasn't really seen any tough competition yet. But, the TO factor could either work for Dallas or against Dallas. I think Philly will be so infatuated with shutting TO down that Terry Glenn will make them pay bigtime.

6. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

lol.....Should I play TO this week? Hes either going to do very well or get shut down...Eagles secondary is depleated with injuries though

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

Cowboys roll the Eagles. 35-24

Go Cowboys.

8. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

T.O. better where ear plugs.

Regards,

Santa Claus

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Are you kidding? TO is a must start this weekend. :cool:

10. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Member

As you all know, i'm a Cowboys fan. TO will eat up philly's secondary. If he doesn't, that means glenn and witten will have career days left by all the open space drawn to TO.

McNabb also hasn't faced a good defense. Cowboy's front 7 will give Mcnabb some pressure and will make any semblance of a running game neglible. Buckhalter and Westbrook (if he even suits up) won't do much.

Philly makes it interesting but good guys + 1 (TO) prevail over the city of haterly love.

30-21

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

I'm not exactly sure what will happen, although I'm pretty sure it will be a great game.

As a Cowboys fan, I'm hoping some players step up (mostly the younger guys). Mike Vanderjagt can't be missing any 20-30yd FGs or kicking off to the 15-20yd line in this game (assuming he continues to kick off); it didn't matter against the Titans, but this can be a BIG problem in a game like this. Considering the amount of money we're paying up, I'm still not that confident in our kicking game. I hope that can change soon.

I kind of want to see a little more from TO too, although I've been a little lenient with him these first few games given his health and the transition to a new offense. Even then, he had a nice game against the Titans, but I'd like to see a little more (unless, of course, Terry Glenn or one of the other offensive options has a big game).

The O-line has done a pretty good job of protecting Bledsoe (tied for fewest sacks allowed in the league at 3 IIRC), and they made some nice holes for the running game against the Titans (maybe because it was the Titans). The defense has had some lapses in the first 3 games, but I'm expecting them to bring their "A" game against the Eagles.

I hope the team as a whole can avoid penalties like they did against the Titans; IIRC, they gave up more than a 100yds due to penalties in the first 2 games (penalty yds + plays negated due to penalties). Washington ended up having just as many penalties, but the Jags had far fewer, and that probably played a big factor in their win against us. I'm not sure how disciplined the Eagles have been, but I wouldn't expect the Cowboys to win if they have another 9-penalty 90+yd game.

12. IROC it

IROC it Member

This will not be the best game in the NFL this week. Sorry to burst the bubble.

13. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

I'm not a Philly fan but I hate Dallas with a passion.
    Philly 72
    Dallas -9

Daa Eagles!

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Well, aren't you at least going to let us know what you think will be the best game?

15. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

Emotion would be a huge edge for Philly. But TO may carry some emotion to and his team may feed off of it.

I think Dallas is the more complete team. But Phily has a lot of offense and I don't think Dallas can shut them down. If Phily can stop the run and pressure Bledsoe Dallas is dead. Might be harder for the latter w/o Kerse.

I really don't know who will win, very hard to read this game, but go Cowboys.

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

The Eagles are super banged up too. Westbrook, the most dangerous weapon on offense the Eagles have is nursing a sore/swollen knee (bone bruise) and is listed as questionable. Donte Stallworth is nursing that nagging hamstring injury and is now listed as doubtful. If both of these guys are kept out of the game I think the edge is a lot more in the Cowboys favor.

On a side note, this isn't good for Donte Stallworth. He is in a contract year and is trying to prove that he is not injury-prone and can actually stay healthy. He looked good the first two weeks but has virtually disappeared since then. If he wants that hefty contract he needs to find a way to play and play consistently. But, when you're hurt you're hurt.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

will be a good game. maybe this is the tide turning back into the cowboys favor the eagles have been killing them for years.

we will see

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Except for last year.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

dont remember the series from last year. ill have to check on that.

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Well the first game Dallas beat Philly 33-10. The second game was closer I think Dallas won that one 21-20.