1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I still think we will have a very solid offense (top 5 or so). The offensive line should be the strength and may end up being the best in football. Reports out of Dallas through training camp peg Zach Martin as already dominant.

Defense will be legendarily bad unless some young players emerge.

Dez Bryant will have a great year as long as he and Romo remain healthy.

Gavin Escobar is my candidate for offensive breakout player as I think he will come up with a solid season at #2 tight end and grab more touchdowns that Witten.

Defensive breakout choice is JJ Wilcox. He is tough and there will be the opportunity for 100+ tackles because we suck so much on defense.

Hope we end up with 3 wins. Predicting 6 and 10.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Can Romo remain healthy?

Also could they realistically cut Romo after this year? It's 20 mil in dead money if they do and next year's draft will be QB heavy

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I feel for you wanting to stink for a future qb or top draft choice but i think 6-10 is the worse case scenario barring injuries. With 10-6 being the best case scenario. Odds are we end up in the middle again. We're are stuck in mediocrity because our offense is great and our defense is crap.

Likely 8-8 again....

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

looks like a good year to draft some fantasy players on cowboys offense.

i gave up on jerry jones last year though. until he is gone it has been glaringly obvious for many years (i caught on late) that this team will never be a top 5 team in the league again until he is not a GM any more.

Emmitt, Troy, and Irvin should sit down with him and tell him to step down :eek:

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

You should have gave on the cowboys period they sux.

6. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Not much to take away from last night....

Positives- Weeden is probably an above average backup. Joseph Randle looked faster than last year. No one got hurt.

Negatives- Bruce Carter looks like he still sucks. Defense looked like last year. Granted this is with only a few starters.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Scandrick suspended for 4 games

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yepper! Went to Mexico with reality star GF and took mollys. The "story" the Cowboys apologists are spinning is that it was his GF's fault as she slipped them in his drink. Riiight. In what universe are mollys an acceptable substance to ingest if you are a professional athlete? Honestly, these fools up here are absolutely pathetic in their making excuses for the Cows.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Bad timing. That stuff stays in your system for just a few days.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The Mexican bartender who served him his drink must have been a Giants fan and spiked it with Molly. lol

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ben Bass traded to New England for CB Justin Green

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I am thinking that XTC doesn't stay in your system that long. So this is disheartening.

The worst thing about it was that Scandrick had been the best defensive player in camp and was on the verge of officially being named a Team Captain. I could accept it if it was some actual PED. What a disappointment. I can't really like him anymore and I did before.

Reports out of Valley Ranch are consistent with what I have been saying. Offensive is going to be fine as long as Romo/Bryant are healthy. The offensive line should dominate and DeMarco Murray will have a career year if he plays 14-16 games.

Defense is going to be terrible. I mean like possibly the worst the league has ever had. The 3 worst things that could happen to us on that side of the ball have happened... Sean Lee out, DeMarcus Lawrence (prized rookie) out and now Scandrick (best player) out.

Dallas is in an awkward spot. The offense other than Romo and Witten is very young and you could allow it to grow together. BUT can you pay a max contract to a wide receiver when you have to draft and bring a QB along? I guess so but you need to draft the QB in 2015 in that case.

The defense has quite a bit of youth but none of it will be super effective this year. We are banking on the miracle returns of Melton and Spencer to add a probowl the front 7.

15. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Im very disappointed with Orlando Scandrick. He knows how important he is to this team and he does something like this. That said I still fully believe this defense will be better than last year. Not saying they will be good. But I think 20-25 is reasonable. Pass rush will be a problem. But I think Melton will have a good season. And I think when Lawrence gets back he will be productive. I think the sleeper is Rolondo McClain. I wont be surprised if he is the Starting MLB by week 3. That said any success this defense will have will be from the CB position and I think they will respond to the Challenge. I think Brandon Carr will be back to his Kansas City type of play and Morris Claiborne will show why he was a top 10 pick. A poll was taken with every GM in that Draft and every single one said he was by far the top CB in the draft and was certainly a top 10 pick. There is no way they were all wrong. Maybe im just being overly optimistic but I think they will be better. Still think 6-10 to 9-7 is most likely finish to this season.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I want to experience the buildup to the draft of having a top 2-3 pick more than I want to enjoy 5-8 wins. Romo and the offense may be enough to propel them to 8 if all of them stay healthy. We just have to hope that out of McClain, Carr, Spencer, Melton, Lawrence and Claiborne that we have a couple star defenders emerge and stay healthy.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Just curious, if the Cowboys terminate their GM would someone else pick him up?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

When it rains, it pours!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Dallas Cowboys DE Ben Gardner expected to have shoulder surgery, head to IR: <a href="http://t.co/poPpFae5ec">http://t.co/poPpFae5ec</a></p>&mdash; Brandon George (@DMN_George) <a href="https://twitter.com/DMN_George/statuses/499715845719744512">August 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Boy been eating....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]