1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Great season. I thought this team could be an 11-win team with an average defense and they exceeded that. Losing Hitchens really scares me. Not so much for the Detroit game, but if we make it to GB. Detroit's D was really exposed last week, and with Suh suspended, should really open up the running game for Murray. Their Offense has really been inept this season, so I see no reason why we won't handily win the game. We are hot at the perfect time and now to finish the fight!

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well suh won his appeal

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Again, don't tell anyone, but the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cowboys?src=hash">#Cowboys</a> scored 20 TD's in Dec., far and away the most in the NFL. 5 teams tied for 2nd with just 11.</p>&mdash; Mark Lane (@therealmarklane) <a href="https://twitter.com/therealmarklane/status/550756068293238784">January 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

7 Hours left......

Truly believe this game is going to come down to the Cowboys offensive line against the Defensive line of the Lions.

Going to need a couple players on D to step up and make plays.

Standing with my prediction of a Cowboys victory but either way this has been a great building block year. Get a bit more talent on the defensive side of the ball and really make a run next year (health willing)

Anyone that bags on Romo after his performance this year is crazy. I used to hate a bit on the guy but he is really a very good QB.

5. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Cowboys Strength Oline vs Detroit's D line .

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Pretty much. O-line will decide the Cowboys' fate as it has all season.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Cows still suck, some things never change

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

You're speaking too soon!

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I was wrong. The offensive line really didn't play that well and we still won.

Bad call at the end was bad but there were some calls that went against Dallas.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

It's a different team this year. The grittiness of this team is unreal. I never wavered in confidence when they were down 14-0.

Packers will be their toughest test all season playing the best player in the league. The team has to play at another level to even have a chance in Green Bay.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Game balls....

Williams (great time for you to re-emerge)
    Lawrence (sweet redemption and the young rook finally shows up)
    Spencer (Spence is back!)
    CJ Spillman (Has been a great ST player all year)
    Chris Jones (great punting all game)
    Antonio Romo

12. macho87

macho87 Member

Don't forget those boys in black amd white

1 person likes this.
  13. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Game ball goes to the ref that picked up the PI flag and the ref throats for swallowing the whistle and not calling holding on the last Romo TD.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Oh yea.... Bruce Carter deserves a mention.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

LOL.... Detroit wasn't called for running into the punter. They also held Witten twice in the 4th and didn't get called.

I also think it was a good play by Hitchens. The WR had his facemask and was bringing him along. Not a ton of contact. If refs were going to make that call then QBs would just throw the ball at and any defender that was completely turned around and close to a WR.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You gotta give props to Lawrence. He wasn't much of a factor the entire season. He had a gaff on the fumble earlier then he knocks it out and recovers another fumble to seal the victory. It would have been horrible if that recovery and then fumble of his lost the game in the end. But, he redeemed himself in a huge way!

And, huge props to that crowd for making their presence felt! It was loud in there for sure.

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

cowboys gonna get done up next week, i can't wait!!

18. crash5179

I spoke way too soon

19. crash5179

You mean the same refs that picked up the offensive pass interference against the Lions early in the 2nd half that went mostly unnoticed?

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The refs were terrible on all sides. One of the Dallas linemen had his helmet knocked off early in the game and there was no call either. That crew really sucked.

Big time opportunity next week. Considering Spencer, Lawrence and Crawford are all playing better than at any point this year, we may have a chance.