1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas cops shot during protest in Dallas.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

and yet again...

Thx for the recommendation. I find the neurodivisity a great concept, but I also would cautions against it as all 'normal'. There are real difficulties, such as self injuries, non-verbal, overly aggressiveness... Whether that is reaction to surrounding or inherit at birth is something I wonder about.

Still, acceptance goes a long way for many. Here is an article about a small town that have been doing this to an extreme level, and very successfully so for over 700 years.

https://aeon.co/essays/geel-where-the-mentally-ill-are-welcomed-home

2. Granville

Granville Member

Is there someone in your life with Autism? Just curious as you have informed opinions.

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

It's true .but we are talking about symptoms reliefs rather than a full cure ... .. when you consider shell shock era and how it was approached through other mental illness and how coincidence pretty much led to break through then you reach a point where traditional approach to autism is't effective

If its a result of oxygen deprivation some sort of cerebral hypoxia where blood supply to the brain is restricted .magnesium for many of those with this case suffer imperative to observe it ....this why Epsom can aid in such case. Anyhow ,it's without side effect and can improve condition within a few days and maybe worth a try

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol not done with residency yet, but there are only a few of us so I'd rather not disclose with the internet detective/stalkers we have here.

You are heme/onc?

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I didn't mention this earlier, but look into gut flora microbial imbalances (study trials etc..) some people are finding a very strong link and improvement w/respect to autism.

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

articles all over the place but here is a good link. Again everybody is different, but antibiotic tx has helped with some.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/gut-bacteria-may-play-a-role-in-autism/

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

I was't wrong over how bright you are I guess;)..good luck, R5 onc.

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Damn, nice man pretty far along!

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Sister's son. Cousin's two sons. One on my wife side as well.

And I have a keen interest in the mind and the mind/brain/body connection since I became personally aware of how much they affect each others.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this moronic crap again, what a bufoon

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;It's easier to get a gun than it is to get access to a computer or book.&quot; —<a href="https://twitter.com/POTUS">@POTUS</a> at <a href="https://twitter.com/ABC">@ABC</a> town hall <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/POTUStownhall?src=hash">#POTUStownhall</a> <a href="https://t.co/Kma6YaNaxq">https://t.co/Kma6YaNaxq</a></p>&mdash; The White House (@WhiteHouse) <a href="https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/753753348868825088">July 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Don't know about books but computers are expensive and gangs have a tendency to pass around guns to members...so umm...

I think you are missing the broader point that in certain communities there are not enough funds and directive towards education.

14. Granville

Granville Member

I wish the best for them and their families.

15. amaru

amaru Member

16. DAROckets

Oh I get it,another oppertunity to push for gun control but no legislation is going to keep guns out of the hands of gangs,these are not legal firearms they pass around

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Gun dealers don't have to account for their inventories because the NRA pushed Congress to ban any requirement to do so. That's how guns get in the hands of gangs. You think they make them at their gang hideout? They buy them from shady dealers and they steal them from dopes that leave them in their glove box.

18. DAROckets

Along with probably another 300k stolen from home burglaries but that was'nt the point ..just another case of Oboma pushing a false narrative to sway feeble minds.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Funny thing about my post is I said nothing about gun legislation.

I mentioned putting more funds into education and learning in poor communities. Maybe you don't know this but often the schools these kids have to go to can hardly afford textbooks. Sometimes the school has to make up some sharing system.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree with you, this little factoid is not a winner. Bad enough he said it once; he shouldn't repeat it. Here's Politifact's view.

But, I don't find it as embarrassing as the comments of another supposed representative of mine, Lt Governor Dan Patrick, both after the shooting and at this town hall. I guess he took this opportunity to polish his bonafides by taking shots at the president when he could.