1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas cops shot during protest in Dallas.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Have you not read his posts? It's pretty obvious, he doesn't even follow any sort of logic.

I'd be more likely to win the mega jackpot than he is to be a PhD or have a post grad education (even an undergrad one actually..)

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't view those as the same things either but I can certainly empathize so my apologies to you Granny.

r****ded is a word like gay that people my age grew up using to point out things we thought were weird or what have you. Not even sure when it became considered offensive honestly but I knew it got under Granny's skin.

3. CometsWin

You should move to Afghanistan. No liberals there!

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I'm not a liberal, but I would consider it an honor to have ignorance itself reject me. Please add.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I have slipped up many times in my life and used words such as 'r****ded'. I am not afraid that I have made mistakes. I try my best not use them though.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

If we're in honoring mood for getting on ignore list, then by all means put me on your ignore list.

7. fchowd0311

I have slipped up many times in my life and used words such as 'r****ded'. I am not afraid that I have made mistakes. I try my best not to use them. Glad you manned up and apologized. I know you didn't intentionally insult his son. I now your above that.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Do you have an undergrad education?

9. CometsWin

Nah, on reflection I can imagine how often he must have to explain autism to someone. I don't think I could handle it.

10. Granville

Granville Member

Edited. Didn't see previous post from CW

11. cml750

cml750 Member

Chicken Brothers, I have honored your request. you are on ignore too.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

Granville, if you have never used ignore, I highly encourage it. Some idiots do not deserve replies. They just drag this forum down. I can't believe I did not do this sooner.

13. CometsWin

Not enough apostrophes.

14. Granville

Granville Member

I run a diagnosis level and racially diverse Autism Group that sponsors respite events and has donated therapy related goods and scholarship money to our peers in other countries so that their children can receive better treatment.

Like I said in a previous post my son was crime victim that temporarily shook our faith in mankind. We chose to rise from that event and to not let the ignorance of others deter from making things better for my son, his peers and their families. Crime and or prejudicial attitudes weren't going to make any of us victims. I don't care if people stare at a 6-4 grown man holding his 6-1 sons hand at Lowes.

At 19 years in to the Autism game, it's my duty to leave a path for others to follow.

1 person likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

I seriously commend your dedication to your son. Many lesser fathers would stray away from such responsibility.

Oh, and I also called you a 'despicable person' a few pages back. That was premature of me. Apologize for that.

#1235 fchowd0311, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Having just an undergraduate degree is next to meaningless unless you're diving into some sort of technical field, tbh. No offense to anybody, but going to college for most degrees is practically a participation award nowadays. To answer your question, ~9 yrs of education past that, so you can go ahead and take the stab, if you wish.

Any who, if your answer to a scientific phenomena is held in some sort of divine entity I'd be pressed hard to believe you had a post-grad education. If by some small chance you did, you wasted your time.

17. fchowd0311

Yes, I wouldn't be caught dead with just a liberal arts undergrad degree. I would at least pursue a masters. In today's market that isn't going to net you a very lucrative career in itself. I don't want to sound like a 'STEM lord', but I'm glad my major is mechanical engineering (except when I'm pulling my hair out).

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I know a lot of parents and have a cousin that is autistic. Amazing kids honestly, and the "R" word label is severely misplaced in the medical sense, not that it should be envoked (I am guilty of it too in jest...) .

A lot of autistic kids have small developmental abnormalities that lead to greater deficits later on in life due to inadequate intervention. It is of course a "spectrum-disorder" to describe a constellation of symptoms as opposed to a single underlying disease etiology so you will have kids that are very high functioning and some that are not.

What you will find in a large group of them is the inability to properly process faces/expressions at a young age. That is why eye contact is problematic and social and developmental skills also fail to develop. Never noticed it before, but like with my cousin, toys and shows with large faces like "Thomas the Train" are very popular because they are able to relate much better.

It is incredibly difficult and I have the utmost respect for parents raising children with special needs. I wish you and your son the best of luck.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I was asking CML, not you. :)

I'm pursuing my 4th degree at the moment so I am well aware of what you are saying. I would be shocked if he even had an undergrad degree. But as you say, most undergrad degrees (even STEM ones) can be attained as not much more than a participation award at plenty of universities so it would not be way too shocking.

20. fchowd0311

If obtaining an engineering degree is a 'participation award' then I must be an idiot because there have been week when I feel like just giving up because of my stress and frustration level.