1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dalembert-finds comfort level with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Dec 22, 2011.

1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

^ I think 28 is optimistic. Maybe...1/2

2. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

still no jersey number? i'm gonna update my rox roster on 2k12..:grin:

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...teammate-as-scola-nearly-found-out-years-ago/

So basically he had some beef with Scola, settled it.
    It shows Dally will not only protect the rim, but his teammates.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I will always remember Dalembert surprising everyone by hopping out of the stands as a paying customer in Draft night 2001 and running up to grab Stern to make him shake his hand.

Too bad he didn't punch him.

1 person likes this.
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

I love his attitude. And he seems like he really wants to be here.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Minnesota reaching it is a stretch though. Adelman loves working with veterans, and if they start losing, I don't see many veterans there. He will go to Bonzi.

8. cod

cod Member

Bonzi was brought in for training camp. He's been waived.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok they may go to Darko, BradWill, Webster, Love and Barea.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

* Miller

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_ZkWAAqmor8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

so Mario Elie is a Haitian

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Anyone have Hollingers player profile on Sammy?

14. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Yea but he should still thank Yao for the Chinese shoe deal he's about to get.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

[rquoter]
    + Long, fleet center is an elite rebounder and shot-blocker. Not a post threat.

+ Strong mid-range shooter. Runs floor well. Very poor ballhandler.

+ Mobile defender but has bad instincts. Appeared to add weight.

Dalembert's shooting numbers predictably regressed after his Fluke Rule season in 2009-10, and it appeared poor conditioning was part of the reason. He continued to flash a decent mid-range game, making 42.9 percent on 2s beyond 10 feet, but as per usual he didn't shoot well from closer range thanks to a lack of strength and poor finishing instincts. He's also a miserable caretaker of the ball, as only seven centers had a worse Pure Point Rating.

However, he can still board like nobody's business. Dalembert's 19.3 rebound rate was his fourth straight season above 18, good for eighth among NBA centers. He also had value on defense too, solidifying a soft middle with his length and shot-blocking. He can be mistake-prone at that end, but his on-court vs. off-court differential, opponent PER and Synergy ranking all were moderately above average.

As a 30-year-old free agent, it was surprising to see the Kings keep Dalembert at the trade deadline a year ago rather than convert him into assets. One suspects they did this because they want to re-sign him; it's an odd move considering the rebuilding state of the team as a whole, but the scarcity of centers makes teams do odd things.[/rquoter]

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks
    I would call him a post threat defensively, his repertoire of offensive skills is limited and he is not someone who is known for his smarts when it comes to decision-making.
    McHale will get his ass to drop.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He came in late for practice so there was no news of him
    Get in shape big fella

18. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Yeah. Ok, we might make the playoffs and I know I'll be into it, but there's not anything that excites me about this team or our immediate future.

We've had terrible luck, but there's not a player on our roster that has a decent shot of even making the all-star team. Maybe Kyle has some sort of insane year or Luis gets recognized for his body of work and skill but...

Dalembert in a Rockets uniform just seems so wrong.

19. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I love his enthusiasm and emotion, especially when he did that "don't bring that stuff in here" wave of the arms :)

He's really mobile and young so people stop comparing him to 42 year old Deke, just because both are big and focus on rebounding and blocking shots doesn't mean they're the same.

Finally we're going to see some defense like during the 2008 streak again !!