1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dalembert a Keeper?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 45souf, Jan 20, 2012.

1. 45souf

45souf Member

Since he took over the center spot, He has been a beast. If he keeps this up, do you think he will be a keeper, instead of a throw in for a trade? With him at the 5, do you think morey will focus on improving the 3 instead of the 5?

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I love the Bear, but if Dwight became available what would you do?

3. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Yes by all means keep him for a lowry type contract.... the center position is the hardest to fill... him and lowry are our only solid pieces. I say we build around the two a trade that sends Martin/Scola/CLee to portland for Wallace/Camby(expiring contract)/N Batum works out, frees up money, gives PP and JHILL a shot at the 4 and leaves our only hole at the 4 spot... in which we could look to fill via free agency, the draft or trade.

Dalembert
    ????
    Wallace
    Batum
    Lowry

I think that is a step in the right direction

4. 45souf

45souf Member

In All reality, we dont have a chance for Howard. but in the off chance, if the deal depends on Dalembert, Bye bear...

5. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

This!!!!

6. rocketsmetalspd

Howard is not coming here but I would not want. The guy has been in the league long enough and he still can't hit clutch FTs when the game is on the line. I rather keep what the Rockets have and just add some quality backups for now.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Make sweet love to my woman.

1 person likes this.
  8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Dalembert is solid, unless somebody else much better comes around I think you have to keep him around, just look at last year if you need any further proof.

9. Prince

Prince Member

does he have any playoff experience?

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

With his contract, you can keep him around even if he comes off the bench if we upgrade at the position. If he's wanted for a better center, you trade him.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

insightful....

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Dalembert has been tearing up the offensive boards. I love this guy. He plays with an attitude. It is so much easier to watch this team with a shot blocker and rebounder.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

No, the Rockets should be going into rebuilding, I mean reloading, mode. Scola, Martin, and Dalembert should be gone by trade deadline if Morey can find deals.

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The houston trailblazers - LaMarcus Aldridge=playoff cannon fodder

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why is it that on the telecasts, Worrell and Drexler are constantly complimenting Les Alexander on the Dalembert signing? Is it that Morey wasn't keen on getting him but Les insisted that he do so? It seems strange, because its not like Les overspent for him or was willing to pay luxury tax for him.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is exactly it, I believe I read an article somewhere that Les pushed hard for Dalembert and Morey didn't really want him.

I think Morey wants to tank...lol.....can't blame him he is a smart guy.

DD

17. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

What would I do!?! Oh my god, its like Sophie's Choice...I can't decide.

18. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

I find that interesting also....apart from the "sucking up" factor, I think they, Clyde and Bill, recognized the tank vs win battle going on between Les and Morey. No way an announcer like Bill, who has been a Rocket homer for years would favor tanking. Also, no way Clyde, a hall of fame top 50 player would entertain tanking.

I for one totally agree with them and with Les...and would never buy a ticket to watch a tanking team. Tanking is cheating....cheating the game, the fans, and the players.

19. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

he's a keeper..hope DM can find a serviceable reliver for him...Hill ain't gonna get it..ever!

20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If we strike out on Dwight, I would rather see us target a dominant PF, instead of an upgrade at SF. Dominant on both ends of the floor, that is. Your PF needs to be able to play good defense, given that there are more good PFs in the league than good centers. If your center is a good defender, albeit offensively challenged (i.e. Chandler), he can focus on being a rim protector and weakside defender, helping out on the PFs of the league that are the ones getting the ball the most in the paint these days.

Given the change in defensive rules over the past few years, a dominant PF is arguably more important than a dominant center. The team with the best PF in the league won the title last year, combined with a center that played good defense. The last time a team with a dominant center won the title was the Shaq era Lakers. Since then, the illegal defense rule has been scrapped, and the rules have changed to allow the guards to dominate.

So you obviously need good guard play now, but as for your inside force to diversify your offense, you are better served with a PF that can score both inside and mid range.