1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DalemBear - Awakening of a Beast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Jan 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Nope. Not at all. He's played out of his mind the last week or so....against lottery teams. He's at the top of his game right now, the absolute pinnacle. He can't play better, only worse.

He's playing for a big contract. I would expect effort like this for most of the season. But, whoever signs him for double digit millions per season for more than 3 years is going to seriously regret it.

Sam is a backup big man, worth about what we are paying him for the next 3 years. That's it. And I'm afraid even with a contract like that, that he'd underperform until it was the last season of his deal.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is no fluke......

3. cod

cod Member

I agree with some of this. The way I see it the offense bogs down when the ball falls into his hands. Especially when he's at the elbows or high post. The possession seems to fall apart more often than not.

People are still living off the high from the Kings game but his offense has gotten a bit ugly again the last few games.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We don't need offense from him. Just enough were people can't ignore him. 10 and 10 with 2+ blocks is all we can expect from him and all we need.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is playing great..... 15 and 10 that would be exceeding everything...... that are allstar numbers.... he is closing in though

6. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

The Rockets aren't asking the world of Dalembert. They want him to rebound. They want him to fill the middle. They want him to block shots.

So far, so good. I don't care what he was or what he will be. I care about what he is, and what he is is a defensive-minded center with above-average scoring ability who fills exactly what this team needs.

It's not like Morey signed him to a huge deal. He's coming cheaply. What's their to argue about? The man is the centerpiece of this team's defensive turnaround. I think you could argue that he's this team's MVP from how he's altered the defensive culture, which is what this team so sorely lacked.

Do we really want to go back to Jordan Hill as our primary center? Then quit your complaining. The Rockets' center spot is in a hell of a lot better shape than many thought it would be at this point.

7. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

What's there not to like about Dalembert? He provides defense at the rim and rebounds well.

And he is cheap enough to give Rockets payroll flexibility.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL I think you owe Dalembert an apology. Dude's been playing at a high level since he put it all together after game 7 or so.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

In the LIMITED MINUTES Dalembert plays, his averages make him not just good but an an ELITE rebounder and shotblocker. The 2 CURRENT players in the top 15 ALL TIME in both career rebounding percentage and blocks percentage is Marcus Camby and Samuel Dalembert.

Dalembert's well known inconsistent effort and not being a "student of the game" in any other area is what brings him down to average.

Though consider 36 year old Marcus Camby shooting 34% from the field is making $11 mil this season. At the price we're getting Dalembert now, and the fact he plays is DURABLE and plays every game, I'll take some mental lapses now and then.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Kwame Brown is all mental lapses with a few lucid moments sprinkled in between, and he still made more than Dalembert. The reason this team is so good is because of Lowry and Dalembert, and they're two of the cheapest players in the league (on non-rookie contracts).

11. jopatmc

Yes, he sure has. But I'm not apologizing yet. He needs to carry it for a season.

12. jopatmc

Bump.

He's falling asleep again. Somebody wake him up!

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yep that is why he was available, his effort is inconsistent.

DD

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yep. He is still our best post player by far due to the sucking of Scola, Hill and Patterson.

15. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

ummm...he played 13 minutes last night, at the beginning of a back-to-back and a bunch of road games. mchale's letting him nap.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's not as consistent (-ly sucky) as Scola has been, though.

1 person likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His rebounding and blocking have been fairly consistent... his offense is not what we pin our hopes on

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

:) Too late. Saw what you did there. :p

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we don't "reload" by adding a big time star by the break and head further into rebuilding, I'd like to see what Sam could fetch in a 3 way to Miami or someplace like that.

20. jopatmc

Bump again. Dude still sleeping. Somebody must've put some sleeping pills in his beans and rice. Better get his stomach pumped.