1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DalemBear - Awakening of a Beast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Jan 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

U could tell he was extra motivated playing his former team...wanted to show them what they could've had...I think overall he has had a decent year getting into game shape and all...now he is 100% and ready, expect his play to be solid... not gonna put much offense but he definatly has tools on defense, u can expect 10+ Reb to go with 2 blocks...he loves being a rocket and seems very focused...
    Coach McHale lineup shift was a smart move! Dalembert and Parsons really bring the defense that this team lacked

2. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

It's a huge possibility.
    I know a lot of 76ers fans, and all they ever really had to say about Dalembert when he was in philly was that he was overpaid and that he always thought he was better than he actually was.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm glad Dalembert helped us beat a sucky (his former "we-don't-want-you-anymore") team, but I won't be stunned if he's back to two goal-tends per game.

"Sam. Sam!"

"Quoi?"

"Pay attention. This is an arc." (drawing on whiteboard) "This is the top of the arc, right in the middle here." (marks the arc) "THIS SIDE of the arc, the ball is on its way down. You CAN'T BLOCK IT THEN. Got it?"

(pause) "No."

"(sigh) One more time....THIS is an arc...."

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Dalembert has always had the length and size and athleticism to match any big man in the NBA, it's always just been his effort and toughness holding him back. I mean, Dwight Howard as still an all-star caliber player even when his skills sucked. He's gradually refined those skills to an extent, but at the beginning he was mainly just combining extraordinary tools with great effort and toughness.

That's why Dalembert is so inconsistent. He needs to give 110% on the court and he can make a big impact in the paint even if his skills are set in stone at this point in his career. If he can do that maybe he can be one of the rare guys who suddenly turn it on in their early 30s, if not, he will be remembered as a mediocre roleplayer. It's entirely up to him.

5. HOUROCKETS713

HOUROCKETS713 Member

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Bear is just a horrible nickname.

He should be known as THE HAITIAN end of story.

7. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

don't be fooled, he only played like this cos this was his old team and he was angry they did not resign him

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This^^^^ I can see him going out at the deadline to someone like Miami or LA ....and having value due the scarcity of big men, need, and his sweet contract.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

so the Bear has awakened? Now he has 10+ points against weaker competition every second game instead every 10 games

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well....maybe the Bear went back to sleep?

As long as he doesn't hibernate after fattening up on Suck-ramento.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

...and Dirtyington.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'm zipping my mouth and running from this thread.

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

he looked good again today. at the current contract, i have been very happy with this signing. if he consistently produced at the level he played against sacto, there is no way we would have signed him for $7M

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is a good point, but there are some differences with Dalembert:

1. We're a good team. On good teams inconsistent guys tend to show up to games more often. When you're winning, it feels great to perform well. When you're on a lottery team, that when players open up a can of QUIT. See Joe Johnson on PHX and JJ on Atlanta.

2. Speaking of JJ, one of the biggest reasons Sam I am will be productive is we're only paying him 6M a year, as opposed to the 18M Philly and Sacto paid for him. Getting 4 pts and 6 rebs a night is unacceptable for an 18M guy, but for a 6M dude? That's average, and since we're paying him so little we have other guys who can carry the slack when the Bear is hibernating.

1 person likes this.
  15. gah

gah Member

Even before this outburst, Dalembert was giving us the best +/- after Lowry. I'm hyped because his presence is being felt even on his quiet games. And roslolian makes two excellent points.
    1. He's going to earn his worth no matter what, and there's a chance he can become a steal as far as market value for Cs goes, if he keeps being this active.

2. He's no longer in a dysfunctional environment as he had been in Sac and some years in Philly. This is probably the most professional team he's been on, this can do wonders to keep him motivated and in check.

1 person likes this.
  16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He is not going to give us 20 pts every night. But he will rebound, prevent easy lay ups and dunks, change shots, in general make it harder for others to score. Isnt this what we need? Is this not what he has been giving us when he steps on the court?

Sure he is not Dwight or Bogut but he is still one of the best centers in the league right now. Half the teams in the league have much worse centers then Dalembert. If we want to compete now I would prefer him over guys like Jordan or McGee any day.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14 and 12 ... decent game

18. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Finally Seton Hall is doing sth for Rockets, Griffin was such a sad story...........

19. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

He turned down more money to play here where he would get more minutes. Now don't you feel dumb.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Beast and Clutch Mode ON