1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

DalemBear - Awakening of a Beast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Jan 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

He's playing well overall, but seems to be getting winded very easily and disappearing for minutes at a time. I hope last night was a sign that he is finally getting back into game shape.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has some motivation issues....
    but all we ask him to do is grab 9 rebounds and block 2 shots a game.

The two digit scoring is a plus.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ormance-against-former-team-leads-to-big-win/

Props to Sammy Bear

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I find the "he played like he always talks" comment I interesting. Does Sammy D like to brag about his own greatness?

6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Maybe, and I could see it. But one thing is for sure, he always looks like he's on a mission, head down and focused.

7. pge71188

pge71188 Member

If Sammy D keeps this up you think he can make the all star team as the backup C?

8. dd89

dd89 Member

He doesn't seem like that type. Think this is being misunderstood. Saying someone plays like he always talks could mean something as innocent as for example Kyle playing like he does while saying he is going to hustle and do whatever it takes for the team to win.

And how interesting:

"“I’ve been teasing him the past couple days, texting him that they were going at his head,” Rockets guard Kevin Martin said. “He said, ‘Bring them on.’ He didn’t know I was joking. He was fired up. You could tell.”"

Now if he can artificially fire Dalembear up like that each time..

9. Coriolis

Coriolis Member

Dalembert's always been inconsistent in the past. Hopefully he can keep this up.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He played like he always plays.

One game out of ten he looks like the second coming of Bill Russell. The rest of the games he looks like a retread.

11. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Whys there no love for SammyD? Hill gets one ordinary sky hook and people act like he is the 2nd coming of the DREAM?

I missed the game but I feel good knowing Bill Worrell must have been really pissed seeing Sammy play so well and Hill sucking as usual.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sky hook belongs to Kareem. You meant Baby hook.

13. jopatmc

There's no love for Dally because his whole career has been marked with unachieved expectations. He has always underperformed over time. We played a fellow lottery team last night and Demarcus was in one of his Dally moments. He seems to have the same disease Dally has, probably caught it from him. Just so happened it flared up against....Dally. And Dally's wasn't flared up.

I will not consider Dally anything else until he puts a whole season together of consistent play and then I'll have my doubts about whether it continues after he gets a nice 4-5 year contract. Dally has a certain mentality. He doesn't love basketball. Dally loves money. He's from a poor country and now he's part of the 0.1% of richest Haitians on the planet. He can go back to Haiti and be a big shot. Dally loves money and prestige, not the game.

I hope I am dead wrong. But, I would expect in tonight's game that Dally is less than stellar. It's the second night of back to backs, we'll be playing a better team, and he's coming off a stellar performance. I suspect that he will be arguing calls, not getting back on D, getting foul trouble, etc, and playing about 18 minutes of very lackluster basketball.

Prove me wrong Dallybear.

12. When fans gets their hopes up that their center, a career underperforming player with a historically poor attitude, is going to transform himself into something special after he puts together one good game.

14. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Dang, why all the hate? He's not going to score 20+ points that often, but he gives you rebounding and shot blocking pretty consistently. Granted, I am usually just looking at box scores of his, but he seems like a good contributor. People always seem to hate on big men quicker. I remember when Cato had turned it around & ppl still were scoffing at his contract. My only regret about Dalembert this season is dropping him from my fantasy team. IDIOT!!!

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

oremLK that is the point. zero pre-season, a little out of shape. He is doing a great job and will improve IMO.

16. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

We shall see. Personally I feel Bear is just now getting into shape and you have to admit he is a game changer for us right now, one of the few. he was a steal by Morey.

17. jopatmc

He was the difference last night in us winning or losing that game against maybe the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the league. And yes, his current contract is good, basically an expiring deal that is easily tradeable or bought out or if he doesn't perform great. However, if he does perform great, I would bet Morey lets him walk in free agency because of the reasons I listed above. Give him another $50 million and watch him go to pot.

Dally is just not driven to be great. He's driven by a pay day. Once he gets it, there is no drive left.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Please listen to this man.

19. valorita

valorita Member

Lol, there's always that guy in the rec center that talks big game all the time.
    once in a while, he has a good game and that fuels his ego to keep on talking for another 2 weeks or so.
    dalemberts seems to me like that guy.
    if this performance puts the notion into his head that he needs more shots on offense or he should be more vocal about performances, it will be bad.

he is someone who is overrated by his own measure, but actually a decent player if he sticks to his strengths which are rebounding and protecting the paint, both which he has the capability to be fantastic in.

20. jopatmc

He is.

It will.

He is and he does.