1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dajuan Wagner??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vy928, Oct 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. vy928

vy928 Member

now that we lost mike and rafer is the new starting pg, what do you think about dajuan wagner to take the role of backup pg. why is no one adding him to training camp to give him a try. he has had a few injuries and never got a chance to shine behind lebron. i think he could give us that spark that mike gave us off the bench last year.

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

I think we are doing just fine in the backcourt right now? Why add somebody who could be a potential headcase?

3. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Really don't think we need to make any more moves at this point. See what this squad can do and at mid season if they think its necessary make another move.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Selfish gunner. Can't pass, defend, or shoot. Somewhat similar to Flip Murray, but not nearly as talented. He's really not a PG.

5. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Besides it the Rox pick someone up it'll be Sprewell.

6. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Well, if CD can trade Moochie for a 3rd string backup C on short conract, I am all for it.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Let him go tear it up in a street game. We are trying to win a championship.

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

we already have an undersized shooting guard, and guess what, he's a better jump shooter and a better defender. We'll keep David Wesley for now.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Well in all fairness, not a bad suggestion considering Wagner's career has been basically a huge mystery thus far. Here's a guy with superstar potential that's been doing nothing short of falling flat on his ass.

Basically he's in the same category as Jay Williams.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

All the problems people mentioned about Wagner are only problems if Wagner has a sizeable contract. At 1yr/minimum money, any attitude/selfishness problems can be solved easily. Just don't play him, or simply cut him.

The reason no one's taking a flyer on him is probably due more to his injuries. I can see the Rockets using someone like him. Our backcourt rotation, minus Alston, is old and injury-prone. Any extra depth is good insurance in case Luther Head isn't ready yet. Remember how the Rockets had to use the likes of I-can-no-longer-shoot Mark Jackson and Rod Strickland in the past? Wagner should at least be better than those two.

Of course, if JVG don't think he's a good fit, then it's really a moot point. If he does like Wagner, I can't see a downside to the signing.

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

... but without the motorcycle.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why don't we try to win with the new parts we have for a few real live games rather than replacing them with more new parts?

13. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

If jvg likes him then he is worth the 15th roster spot at league minimum. If he fills in for an injured backup and provides some spark later in the season then he was worth it.

If he is a headcase then I'm sure jvg will find out before signing him.

If he is injured and can't contribute he won't pass his physical.

I'm sure CD and JVG are mulling anyone with game and thinking if they will fit. They did invite JWill to town for a look-see.

But probably nothing worse than having a Michael Jordan wannabe sitting on the end of the bench making minimum - unless they are taking their prescribed meds.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

He's still in the league?

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Nah, just sign up Luke Schenscher on a non-guaranteed contract. A year's worth of practises against Yao and Deke and an intense weights programme should do something.