1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dajuan Wagner is looking great

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheReasonSF3, Nov 29, 2002.

1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

He is outplaying Iverson. He currently has 26 points! I thought that he would be a stiff, but I'm starting to change my mind.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Seems to be a good guy to have on my fantasy team, except that his shooting % also looks like Iverson's.

3. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah. His fg percentage will be pretty low. He shot 42.3% tonight.

4. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

I knew he was going to be good and I think the Bulls should have taken him at #2 not Williams. Wagner scored 100 points in a high school game, and score overed 20ppg as a freshman in college. He is the real deal, I just wish he didn't play for the Cavs....

5. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I live in the suburbs of Philly, and Wagner was a legend here when he was in high school.

#5 TheReasonSF3, Nov 29, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2002
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So you kicked everyone's butt? Or how did you become a legend? :)

7. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

LOL. Whoops. Typo. I meant that Wagner was a legend here. :D I am a legend. 5'10 white kids that can't grab rim usually aren't local legends. :)

8. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

haha well im a 5 something asian that cant do s*** but yeah i can school some boys at my school

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wagner was very impressive.He looked like a mirror image of Iverson from the highlights.AI is quicker than him and probably is a better passer but Wagner is stronger and might have more range on his 3 point shot.

10. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Cool. I am in 9th grade. I'm on my school's JV team. I have a great jay, but I have no hops.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Actually thats pretty good for a point guard.

12. lalala902102001

Looking like Iverson might not be a good thing.

I think that most people have understood that Iverson would never be able to lead a team to a championship. Hopefully Dajuan won't make people say the same thing.

13. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

A.I. did lead his team to the championship series, he just could not win it alone becasue his teammates where not that good. A.I. is one of the best players in the NBA and he is unstopable. I don't no why people nock hon him becasue he get s the job done. His team is in 1st place and are 13-4, only team that can bet them in the east is the Pacers.

Dajuan Wagner looks great and I hope he continues to play like he is. Wagner is going to get the Cavs back on the map.

14. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

He was on the other side of the river.

15. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Personally I think Wagner will be another Steve Francis. Having seen him in college and now in the NBA it's almost like looking at a clone of Steve Francis, all the way to the athletic leaping ability. With Illgauskas, Wagner, Miles and Davis Cleveland is going to have a very good team.

16. tommycatluvsme

The Rookie of the Year award goes to.... WAGNER!

17. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

If he continues to play like he is than he will win ROY. He is going to be an unstopable scorer in this league soon.

18. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

He might win ROY, but he won't end up being the best player in this rookie class. Yao, Gooden, Amare, and a couple of other players will have better careers then him.

19. Stickfigure

Stickfigure Member

Speaking of which, Carlos Boozer seems to be putting up some decent numbers for the Cavs this year as well. Looks like they made the right moves this year, unlike the selection of Desagana "Yinka" Diop a while ago.

20. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Wagner needs to improve his fg%. It is just 37.4%.