1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daishen Nix invited to Rockets Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ickaruto, Aug 24, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

you realize, any 1A hall of famer gets that treat ment...you realize any business that someone generating a significant majority of your revenue is going to get a major say?

You can not do it and run it like college, but then someone else will offer that to jalen with better facilities and hell be gone in year 7 just like zion will leave pelican. It takes a team, they hold their job and perform and we hav to support with depth and staff and a culture and organization.

That said, I love this pick up. This guy was in the gleague elite, had some potential and its another great low risk high reward pick up by stone. We're going to have a young, hungry team this year

D-rock, Richie_Rich and Nook like this.
  2. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Bey looks like a Martin Jr clone. Can shoot some and has the athleticism to play above the rim

D-rock, roslolian and sydmill like this.
  3. j@amc

j@amc Member

The word "love" goes too far for me since Nix hasn't lived up to his high-school hype. I'm surprised that he didn't enter the draft combine season with more purpose. His shooting percentage would vastly improve if he was closer to game shape.

At the same time, I guess we have to keep in mind that we were a Summer League team searching for answers at the point. No one outside of Sengun seemed to offer a pass-first mentality. So there's an outside chance of a fit here. With a fantastic showing in camp, Nix might earn a spot on a G-League roster. But he would have to show a lot of growth: low turnovers, good effort, assists, capable on offense and D, etc.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Rokman

Rokman Member

It should be obvious that those two were just invited to see if they can make in on the Vipers. There are no minutes available on the team for those two unless they are trying to go into full tank mode and want to bench Wall, Gordon, etc until they are gone. Then we would know that they were trying for another top pick in 2022.

D-rock, roslolian and rhino17 like this.
  5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I didn't realize Tyler Bey was let go by Dallas. I'm a huge fan of his from college. Had some offensive skill but not the alpha mentality to bring it all together, he deferred to McKinley a lot. But he was a GREAT defender. Pac 12 defender of the year. Super versatile. Plays smart on both ends

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Dude hasn't even played a single NBA minute. No rookie of the year honors. Has 0 ppg as of right now and as far as I know we are still the reigning worst team in the league.
    Things should be earned not given. He wants superstar treatment, then he needs to do something for the franchise first. Kid still smells like baby formula to me.

D-rock and fattz like this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, but Nix was never really known for having a shot -- even when in shape, was he? In high school, he was known to be a smart player with a high BBIQ and could pass the ball. That and he was a big PG at 6-5. I remember looking him up a couple of months ago to see why he wasn't touted any more highly coming into the draft and learned about the weight problem. He really has ballooned after high school, though -- not sure what happened there. He was actually a top 10-20 prospect in high school and probably a top-3-4 point guard in the nation. But then you look around the NBA and there are a lot of those, and a lot of those that are not in the NBA.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, Daishen and JT Thor probably have more in common since they both grew up in Alaska. lol.

D-rock and roslolian like this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Kyree Walker

10. fattz

fattz Member

I think Bey is a long term fit for the team as a valued role player. Maybe even starter if paired with a high powered backcourt. Size, motor, mindset with his skill set and now something to prove may make for the perfect storm. I hope there is Silas connection that brings out the best in him. Defense & rebounding first with some offense to keep from being targeted equals 2 way player.

#30 fattz, Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think fitness is probably the easiest thing you can get rid of with work. Doesn't require any particular skill, just the will to do it. A 6'5 PG with bball iq sounds like a good project.

Nook, Rashmon and glynch like this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He's got good passing skills but the other recent negative was he didn't do great in the combine games in terms of shooting. Despite being in better shape but still out of top shape, he did pretty well in the drills, I guess. I just noticed the Sixers had him on their summer league team, but I don't know how that went. His biggest thing will be whether or not he can get to the basket against NBA players. If he can't get by his man AND can't shoot, he's pretty much doomed.

D-rock, Nook, glynch and 1 other person like this.
  13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

What friends of harden did Morey sign besides Westbrook?

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bobby brown

D-rock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  15. DonatelloLimestone

you
    you are right. I meant generally in terms of stars they will get it or they'll lose the star in modern nba unless its steph or timmy D.
    but as a rookie, i like the idea of getting him to earn it and as he touches stardom then we can figure it out. no doubt hes gotta show out and certainly hope he does

i meant as in this guy was a decent prospect and its another high reward low risk low cost deal for stone to take a shot at and hes hit on KMJ, TAte in these matters

16. DonatelloLimestone

you're right, it goes too far. I just meant based on tate, kmj, i am enjoying that stone is taking a low cost/risk, high reward shot at a guy who had some clout as you mentioned but disappointed last year. i'm happy to brng him in and our roster is young and open, any talent that may show out is welcome

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, Rafael is just money. Plain and simple.

Excellent swings here.

Richie_Rich, VoR and coachbadlee like this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He looks much taller than Green.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Stone you magnificent b*stard!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah. Almost like Green is hunched over.

glynch likes this.