1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daishen Nix Hype Train

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I understand your point. We will just disagree. Right now we are in asset acquisition mode, not build a culture mode. If we were trying to build a culture, would Wood and KPJ still be on the team? Lose enough to get a top 5 pick this year. Trade Gordan and Wood for frp’s or a good player that fits the timeline and rotation. There is absolutely no reason to hang on to Wood and Gordan unless you think we will be competing for a championship while they are still on the roster. If you are trying to win now, why even bother with developing our youngster. I’m sure you could bundle our 3 best rookies for your dream of Simmons. Then we could get in the play in with a core of Simmons, Wood, and Gordan.

D-rock likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Team can build culture while accumulating assets.

Agree to disagree.

And FYI, I would not trade all the rooks for Simmons.

Plus Sixers do not want rooks anyway, they are contending for a championship and want players that can make impact right now.

jcmoon likes this.
  3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If you don’t trade Gordan, who are you benching so that Nix gets minutes. Jaygup? KPJ? Green? KJM? I’m on board the Nix train, but the only way to get him any meaningful playing time is to trade Gordan.

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I liked what I saw from him when he was up here. He looked like he could get into the paint whenever he wanted, played with a great mixture of pace, and deliberateness, could finish, and had a solid 3 ball.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Keep Nix, Queen and Garuba with Vipers as long as possible.

It's more important that they maximize their minutes and hone their games then sitting on end of Rockets bench waiting for crumbs. Injuries and trades will happen. Until then just keep getting better.

Jaygup and KPJ did the same and have earned their minutes.

jcmoon likes this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Ok, I figured the Nix train was on the Rockets. He has pretty much done about as much as he can at RGV. He needs better competition and a bigger stage to keep his development going. It just gets back really to whether we are trying to tank or not. If you hold onto Gordan and Wood if offered frp’s for them, then you are not tanking and Nix can stay in RGV pretty much the rest of the year. Might be the case, just not what I want the Rockets to do.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sure he has to earn it.......looks like that is exactly what he is doing, right?

DD

GotGame15 and Dacamel like this.
  9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

In RGV, so did Jalen. Just no way to get him minutes without taking them away from somebody. Giving him minutes over Green? Over KPJ? Gordan? Jaygup? I want him to get minutes at the expense of a traded Gordan.

10. DaDakota

Over Augustine, or if Jgup or KPJ are injured or need a rest.

DD

11. TimDuncanDonaut

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Jaygup is already taking Augustine’s minutes.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

His best game at the NBA level this year when he was called up. 13 points in 12 minutes.

Look at how he switched onto Jokic and stole the ball at the 27 second mark.

14. DaDakota

I like him too.

DD

i3artow i3aller and coachbadlee like this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Can Daishen develop into a CP3 Jr?? If so, Oh shizzle!!

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

His three point shot and defense were pretty horrible last year from what I watched. If he improves on that, he should be a decent player if his new-found 3's and layups offense translates to the NBA. I don't think anybody's going to confuse him for CP3, though. Especially since I don't think he has shown anything resembling a mid-range (or at least hasn't been asked to use it). lol.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I was just looking at his scouting report from last season. According to it he was atrocious on pull up and catch and shoot jumpers. Looks like he has fixed that already.

18. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Bro. It's GORDON.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

No one on Ignite cared about defense.

Nix has been much better, especially on switches, with Vipers.

C&S 3ball also much more consistent now.

coachbadlee likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

More hype for Nix and Trev Queen!

i3artow i3aller and vator like this.