1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daily LeBron Odds Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coach E, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh i see, i literally didn't know about the cap holds for having those empty spots. And yeah, i agree with you about Boston and Philly having better assets than the Lakers eventually, let's say i hope Leonard doesn't ask to get traded to the Lakers or that the Spurs will not accept that limitation if they end up trading him. Anyway thanks, really appreciate your posts.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think Clutch is spot on with this analysis. The LA move is like the typical LeBron move in the past. It checks a lot of boxes. And it probably is likely.

The real question is, at this stage in his career, now that he is older and the clock is ticking....does he stay consistent? Or does the new circumstances dictate he chose a different path.

amaru and RyanB like this.
  3. Coach E

Coach E Member

Warriors must be beaten. That’s all that matters now.

Raisin and douglasreedy1 like this.
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Maybe it's a misconception, but I have to believe part of the reason LeBron is able to play so well is the weakness of the east. They barely broke a sweat this season as a team this year in the regular season. They didn't dominate the east, but they didn't have to. If he comes to the west its a dogfight. He has to see that. That's why I believe LA isn't as much of a frontrunner as others do.

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The clues we have been given so far from LeBron via his Finals pressers are:

1) He is in championship mode and still has a lot left to give. You could see his passion for wanting to win more championships. What we don't know, is he wants to "win no matter what" (e.g Rockets) or "win my way." (e.g. Lakers)

2) LeBron appreciates "high IQ players." And knows a team will NEED those types of players to beat the Warriors. Appreciates good defenders like Draymond Green. Understands the need for "multiple playmakers." And lamented the fact that the Cavs traded those people away.

3) He is in his prime now and might still have prime years left but father time catches up. The closer LeBron is to a championship "next season", that could matter to him to maximize the number of times he can contribute highly to a championship run.

4) He did not anticipate the KD move to the Warriors. And that changed the game in terms of competing for a championship.

5) Family will have input, his kids are older now.

Rockets check off a lot of boxes. LA is more frictionless to get something done. For LeBron to totally commit to LA, I think he will need to know they have PG in the bag AND perhaps trade some of the youngins for VET players with "high IQ" to compete NEXT SEASON with the Warriors. So LeBron is going to have to see a plan of roster additions to meet his needs. The Rockets for the most part already have the roster additions....just sans LeBron.

everyday eddie, RyanB and Bobsputin like this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Our odds are dropping! Do something, Tillman!

amaru likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Worth noting. For LeBron to Houston to work as an "opt in and trade" the Rockets NEED the THREAT of LeBron walking "for nothing." That threat is LA and Phila. So having LA's odds going up, helps the "threat factor" for Houston.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Should he bet against us to increase our odds?

napalm06 likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Before the latest NBA trade deadline I saw the best option for LeBron being Houston. Since then I’ve seen it as a two team race Lakers -or-Houston....with slight inside track going to Lakers due to house in L.A. plus wife wants to be there.

If I didn’t see a LeBron as a superficial Diva that can share the spotlight with Harden.....then I would say Houston.
    I don’t think Harden has a problem playing with LeBron, just the opposite. CP3 doesnt mind sharing.
    Part of me thinks LeBron took issue with Miami Heat being D-Wades team. Went to Cavs knowing that was his team.
    Kyrie got tired of being called “Kid” by LeBron.....which was a “put you in your place tag” by LeBron.

We all know Paul George wants to be with Lakers.....worse kept secret the last 4 yrs in the NBA.
    Another NBA secret kept is LeBron wanting to play for the Lakers.

Now Kawhi contract is $20 mil.....they could afford some FA’s with that savings:
    LeBron $35 mil
    Paul George $30 mil
    Kawhi $20 mil

They could possibly bag Tyreke Evans wth an MLE
    Then: approx $3 mil contracts to: Wayne Ellington/Ariza/Luc MaM/Mike Scott/Amir Johnson//JJ Redick/Aron Baynes/
    David West/ Looney, etc.

Kawhi/Patti Mills x Lonzo Ball / Kuzma /Josh Hart / Deng/ Ingram works on trade tracker. Perhaps minus one (not being Deng).

Lakers could replace the young bucks like Kuzma with experienced vets on minimal 1-yr contract.

Sorry to be a Donny Downer. Lakers would be right there with Warriors/Rockets in the West. If no Kawhi, D Jordan
    at $18 mil?

The fact of the matter is that after the Lakers make the big moves of securing LeBron and PG13.....then it’s a fight
    for the role players.

Most on minimal contracts.
    Rockets maintaining the ones we have, others.
    Warriors fighting to re-sign theirs on minimal contracts, others.......Durant going for $35 mil contract hurts them.
    Lakers trying to take pieces from Houston and Warriors......Sixers (Amir Johnson/Redick).....Boston (Baynes).

Spurs would be right there as well by securing LMA to join Pau Gasol/Kuzma/Murray/Josh Hart/Ingram/Manu/
    Lonzo (Parker replacement......& Pops type of pass first point guard). Possibly Danny Green/Rudy Gay re-sign.
    Plus get a 1st rd pick or 2......2nd rounder(s). It’s win-win for both Lakers and Spurs.

Paul George does not want to be top dog, and Kawhi looks to have buckled under the stress of carrying the Spurs.
    LeBron won’t mind being called top dog with Lakers......and prefers it.

If Rockets get LeBron......great. He goes to my favorite team. I win again.

RyanB likes this.
  11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Post deleted. It didn't pick up the quote.

#171 luckyman76, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  12. jacoby

jacoby Member

Rockets are +800? I'll take those odds any day.

13. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

14. gotsis

gotsis Member

Field means he retires and goes play baseball?

15. threepointshot3

My guess is the fakers

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Means any team not listed

gotsis likes this.
  17. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I just hope he doesn't convince Chris Paul to go with him.

amaru likes this.
  18. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Didn’t he say he wanted to play more off the ball too?

Deuce likes this.
  19. Coach E

Coach E Member

Stop the Panic, odds have not changed.

Lakers still 200, Houston still 220

sammy likes this.
  20. supastevefoo

supastevefoo Member

just logged into my bookermaker account

Which Team Will L.James Be On 1st RS Gm of 2018-19

Houston Rockets +604
    LA Lakers +262