1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daily Beast: Harden vs. Fertitta - Who is in the right?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Dec 14, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

#1 D-rock, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

a wild guess,
    everything happens for a reason
    harden wanna head for a dem dominated city, say NJ, LA, Mil, Philly,
    since tilly ferntits changed his mind to support Trump halfway around oct-nov, that made unhappy and turn down 50mil/yr, after that russ ran away to DC (dem place, biden 93%, trump 5.4%)
    n as we all know the beard reported late by staying w/ his blm warrior 'lil baby' in NEVADA (a key place to W).
    [​IMG]

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

While I enjoy random speculation, I have to disagree.

Harden can't be apolitical when he wears a Blue Lives Matter mask and then be political when he wants to get away from Houston. Harden wants to leave because he doesn't believe in the project the Rockets are running now. Probably because it won't feature him anymore, who knows. He wants to win a championship as a major piece while he's still in his prime. Remember that Tillman has been the owner for years and a Republican for years and he never said anything. Also, I could be wrong, but Houston is strongly Democratic, no? For me, Harden is using Tillman's political leanings to gain sympathy from people knowing this type of stuff is cheered nowadays. I think he's as apolitical now as he was when he showed up to the Black Lives Matter bubble in that Blue Lives Matter mask.

AXG, BigShasta, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

k, forget about it...
    i just being banned for a while
    n got nowhere to spill my conspiracy theories...lol
    [​IMG]

5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I pull similar moves. :cool:

DeBeards likes this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Both can be dead right or dead right but after all is done they just killed each other and no one is better from it.

7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

You don't have to be a Trump supporter to be a douchebag. Tilman is obviously a megalomaniac no matter what his political stance is and it's easy to see why Harden would hate him regardless. I don't get why the only reason Harden would hate him on a personal level is Trump. He could just be a regular *******.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

TL;DR
    but can't believe that i even finished this report.
    all in all 3 takeaways
    1) should boss keep loyal to employees during pandemic?
    depends on
    2) should star players keep loyal to organizations n fans?
    not today
    3) should fans cry for star players sticking to their promises?
    yes, bc we missing those beautiful old days, during which Olajuwon kept his loyalty to fans n this organization, but wait...wasn't that being discarded by Alexander in august 2nd 2001?
    smh

edit: p.s. whatsoever, from alexander to ferntits, bosses are those who should blame for

#8 DeBeards, Dec 14, 2020
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

:cool:

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t think Tilman being a Trump supporter is a major reason for why Harden wants out...it’s because he doesn’t feel he can win a title here, plain and simple

he’s only had a legit championship level team once in 8 years here, and we’re not getting back to that level any time soon

ringzzz culture will have players of Harden’s caliber feeling like losers and disappointments if they retire ringless

so I think Tilman being Trump’s boyfriend isn’t the major factor, but who knows, maybe he’s overheard Tilman saying some completely out of line sh*t while defending Trump and is just disgusted with him as a person

if I heard the guy I work for saying some of the things Trumpers typically say, especially about black people and other minorities, he’d be a vile person to me who I wouldn’t be able to stand just being in the same room with

11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

yeah, we never know,
    maybe only chicks who sleeping w/ him could spill that, just like the skeleton in the sterling's closet
    [​IMG]

12. riko

riko Member

Tillman is a scumbag . The man has virtually taken axe to a historically great team of the 017-18. Harden is not without fault here to, the way he approached his way of asking out actually garnered sympathy for the real jackass here by going bar hopping with a bunch of degenerate criminals.

In the end the blame is right at the feet of Tillman

#12 riko, Dec 14, 2020
    Nook likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Maybe Harden got trader's remorse when he forced the Rockets to trade away CP3 and picks to get his buddy only to see that it wasn't going to work. Chris Paul can be a huge jerk but he complemented Harden so well on the court. Maybe Harden finally saw the err of his ways and is now trying to leave while he still can.

14. FatSeagal

FatSeagal Member

Harden's never taken up a hardline public political stance to my knowledge, so why does this rumor that Harden is leaving because him and the owner have different political beliefs gain momentum?

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is Babylon Bee level parody.

Does this guy even know who Lebron James is?

Easy and FatSeagal like this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Like someone said above, it’s a narrative that gains him sympathy. It’s probably all bullshit honestly.
    He wants out, low hanging fruit is blame something political.
    90-95% of all owners are Republicans. I highly doubt now is the time he’s taking a stance.

FatSeagal likes this.
  17. FatSeagal

FatSeagal Member

Or really any recognizable player...

18. likestohypeguy

Or any player, when they become a free agent, or opt out.

FatSeagal likes this.
  19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I mean, when it isn't the rich, white man being gifted credit he doesn't deserve to fight a battle of public opinion he doesn't really even need to be in against a black man...

When that isn't the case, I suppose we won't need to comment on it.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If you agree Harden should dump TF because of politics, why are you still supporting TF's team?
    Grow some principles and do like Harden.