1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daddy Gave Me A Name

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by boomboom, Nov 26, 2007.

1. MoBalls

MoBalls Member

Such sad news...Im sorry for your lost, but you made me realize what a great relationship I plan on having with my kids for the rest of our lives. I hope the memories will last forever.

2. the futants

the futants Member

My condolences to you and your family. I lost my father this January (somewhat suddenly as well). It's difficult, but time truly does have a healing effect. The positive memories will become more clear and more frequent with each passing day.
    Good luck and take care.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

My condolences. Your dad sounds like he was a great guy. And thank you for the reminder of how fragile life is.

4. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Member

thoughts are with you boomboom and your family. i lost my grandmother in may and grandfather (different side) in june and i've started thinking how hard it would be for me to lose my own parent. definitely cherish life.

5. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I'm really sorry to hear that boomboom. I know those words are hollow sometimes, but when you have a loss like that, it's tough to reach for other words. For what it's worth, your dad sounds like he was an awesome human being. The best part about your post is that you're absolutely right, it's a sad day, but thank whatever higher power you want, that your father is no longer suffering.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Just throwing it out there...heard the Everclear song on my 10 min drive home from work and thought of your thread.

7. Major Malcontent

Very moving thread..my condolences. Kind thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

8. swilkins

swilkins Member

My prayers go out to your family.

9. Coach AI

Coach AI Member

Very moving post, boomboom. Sorry for your loss and I send my best wishes to you and your family. I can't imagine going through what you have and I respect the strength you must have and in what you posted here.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

This is also a very good opportunity to remind all of you to keep an eye on any moles or freckles that change color, grow in size or generally don't look normal. Skin cancer is a b!tch and can sneak up on you and kill you if you're not paying close attention.

11. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I'm very sorry for your loss. My condolences goes out to your family, I hope you and your family are keeping strong. Your post got me all choked up. Very very moving.

12. Mr. Brightside

Very eloquent post boomboom. Sorry for your loss. Just shows that everything in life is transitory. Thus make the best of what you got.

13. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Member

I work for my dad. Posts like boomboom's make me more greatful I do.

14. First Lady

First Lady Member

my condolences. Your dad seemed awesome and you're so lucky to be left with such great memories of him. My prayers go out to your family to get through this rough time.

15. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Thank YOU for honoring your Dad in such a way.

Dad's have a huge impact on their children. Some of the statistics are staggering at just how much influence a father can have. Unfortunately, we hear a lot about the absent father, the abusive father, a father who is in the home but not involved, etc.

It's good to hear a story about a father that loved his kid(s) and had a positive impact on the shape of their lives.

My prayers are with you.

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Very touching post boomboom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It sounds like he was a great father.

I want to say that I "think", if memory serves me, that Fitch used that Halloween mask in more than one game, but if not, I went to the same game with my father also. It was in '86 I believe -- I was 12 or 13 and I think it was late in the season. I vividly remember it because my Dad spotted it and pointed it out to me.

My condolences to you and yours.

17. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Member

My condolences to you and your family.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

I'm sorry for your loss. Wasn't quite sure what to expect with the thread title but what I found was a nice tribute post to your Dad. He sounded like a great guy and one any son could relate to.