1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DaDakota = Fraud

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Margrave, Jul 9, 2012.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

All of these are perfectly fair points which I agree with.
    However, there are some people who are repping the guy... a lot, (only the Gods know why), so his opinion seems to be appreciated by some members. Seems wrong to remove his posts altogether.

I'm pretty harsh when it comes to idiot posters and wish they didn't have their thread starting abilities, but this case is very different. If he is on a timeout then that's fine, but the people attacking him personally with insults that clearly cross the line should also be ejected, or get a time out.

Anyway, Clutch seems to be a rational, decent person so he probably made the right call. I won't continue the argument against the decision as I don't have the story from before 2009.

1 person likes this.
  3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

could be his other accounts repping him -- see another reason why its not good to have multiple accounts

1 person likes this.
  4. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

What was the original title to this thread?

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Um, maybe because he posts just an OBSCENE amount, he's bound to get repped one time or another. Especially when 1/2 of his posts are just Morey-bashing and that seems to be popular these days.

Just for reference, since he got his reps removed by Clutch which was around when he hit 80,000, he has 8,000 posts. For reference and to toot my own horn, I have just as many rep points as him with just over 2,000 posts (probably less since I joined a few years before the rep system was instated, probably more like 1,500 posts ;))

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lies, deceit and spoiling of a popular TV...this thread is a trainwreck

8. Pete the Cheat

you are all frauds...every last one of you

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Holy crap, how did I miss all of this??

DD is probably a cool guy off the bbs, but you can't post your opinion OVER AND OVER AND OVER again in EVERY thread, then get offended (to the point that you send people private messages when they put you on ignore......) when people call you on it.

And the starting different accounts.....come on, man. That's something a little kid would do, not a grown man with a family and his own business.

You're better than that, DD.

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

He's obviously addicted to posting, someone needs to do an intervention.

DD

11. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

Yes, anyone?

12. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

It was the 'Morey to be on 790' thread in the GARM. 1 of the mods pulled all of the posts relating to DD and his alternate ID and made this thread.

1 person likes this.
  13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I know this will sound funny coming from someone who's posted over 41k times, but I think this is very true. I thought he had his own business and a family, but I can't see how he had the time to spend with them when he seemed to be posting here 24/7.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Well, congrats margrave. :eek:

SD

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Not to mention that he still spends so much time here when he is hated (at least his posts are hated) by the vast majority here.

I've probably had him on ignore for two years and he still annoys me because when I scroll through some threads half the posts on any given page are blocked posts from him.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

IMO, posters should be allowed to "start over" with a different ID, with permission from a moderator, but they should also be willing to retire their old ID in exchange for this. And I also don't think it should be mandatory to publicly identify who they used to be as long as they are sticking to one account only.

17. Pete the Cheat

who knows, maybe that is what's happening now and DD has officially gone incognito

it's just amusing that his Margrave account was essentially a troll. so if DD was just being himself, I guess he was trolling before it was cool?

1 person likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Personally, I think DD is a good guy. Definitely a passionate Rockets fan who, I believe, has contributed to the site in several ways. Is there some valid criticism? Wrong to have two user names? Yeah, I guess. We all have our flaws. Not that my opinion matters, but I would welcome it if DD (and also FFB for that matter) would be allowed to post again. Clutch's decision, of course.

1 person likes this.
  19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I like DD. I think he's a smart guy who's only fault is caring too much and having an obnoxious sense of humor. The real issue to me is the haters finding comfort living a life neck deep in mediocrity, so they don't know how to filter out what is unnecessary or let things go when they are meant for humorous purposes instead of cutthroat debate. They're spoon fed robots who can't think outside of party lines, blogs, or orders handed down from a superior.

Let's be honest, if the only people who posted in the GARM were regulars, it would be a lot easier to read, stand and not constantly mock. But that's not how a public forum works - people come and go with their opinions, with no real organization or routine, and it's inevitably going to be a discombobulated mess that teaches you very little. It's like a public swimming pool (not that I'd be caught dead near one) in the summer, overflowing with kids who don't quite have a control on their bladder yet. All the while I'm super hot, both metaphorically and literally, I want a dip, but there's so many kids and urine in the pool I'd rather sweat it out. And poor DD can't help jumping in and teaching them how to go to the bathroom.

I'll say it right now, I'm a basketball fan first, individual fan second, and Rockets fan third. But any public forum (going back to the days of Plato ad Socrates) needs opinionated guys with slightly above average IQ's like DD who don't shut up, because otherwise things get too soft and pudgy like Morey's body shape and you have a bunch of JuanValdez bore's preaching the status quo and not urging anyone to really think about the crap Morey keeps on doing. I'm sure plenty of guys can do this, but DD is one of the few with enough time on his hands to keep up with everything and repeat that opinion for those of us who visit sporadically. More frequent visitors just need to learn how to skip over posts or filter out the crap - it's a great mental exercise.

Not undermining the mods - just answering the crybabies who run around hating on him.

jboslett, LCII, ICanDunkOnYao and 4 others like this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you are getting confused about a guy on this board vs the Rockets GM. That's Daryl Morey.