1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DaDakota = Fraud

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Margrave, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

...Jontro?

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

At least we'll never have to read his asinine Oilers/Bud Adams takes any longer!

3. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Rainbow pony.

Hotballa

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Could someone please explain this thread to me. Is it being alleged that DaDakota is posting under several names? Has he been banned? I really like his posts; they are entertaining, colorful and draw a lot of fire.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

...DD?

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

As somebody who wants to hide under a pillow at the most cringe inducing parts of Curb Your Enthusiasm, I never enjoy when a long time poster goes into meltdown mode or when something like this happens (except for FFB and meowgtop).

I tend to avoid the GARM unless big things are happening (like now), so I guess I haven't seen/read all of DD's decent into most hated...well, I do remember when those vlogs started and thinking "wtf dude...dude wtf," but the point is I'm not giddy about him being gone. I hope he cools off and asks Clutch for another chance and comes back better for it.

Realistically, I expect he will get another chance and will ultimately be the same overbearing DD who will eventually get banned again. In the meantime, while he's gone, I'm going to start signing my posts because I think my "O2" sig is going to be really tight.

O2

(should I change my name to Oskygen or Oskigen?)

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Oski99er would be the smart bet.

Have no idea what happened with DaDa but I'm sad he's gone. I don't have to agree with his posts to appreciate his enthusiasm and passion-- which is what a fan site should be about.

Did he get ugly or something? If so, I hope normalization occurs and he returns.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

...Ronny?

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

DD's love for the Rockets is both genuine and rabid - of that there is no doubt. While I considered him to be over-the-top most of the time, I always managed to have a civil discourse with him. I did not begrudge his opinions because after all, everyone here is entitled to an opinion. I never supported the personal attacks that were directed his way but I did come to understand why so many folks here - including Clutch - were rubbed the wrong way because of his volumous postings. Recall his crusade against JVG that went on and on and on and on for a solid year. That was a major beat down for sure. When I saw that picture that Clutch posted of DD riding shotgun over Clutchfans, I knew that DD was on very thin ice and when DD questioned Clutch's character by asserting that Clutch was deliberately withholding information on the Rockets to further some hidden agenda, that had to be the last straw.

But what really got DD was the change (for the worse) in public discourse that's taken over this BBS. We see it playing out al over the country. Folks aren't interested in freely exchanging ideas anymore. No, they only want to see or hear postings that support their position and their position ONLY. Anyone who dares to contradict or question said position is to be treated as an enemy who must be discredited, destroyed and humiliated. There is no middle ground anymore - you are either with me or against me and the only opinion that matters is the one that supports my point of view. I see this played out here all over the place on a variety of topics and what I find the most disappointing of all is the rude, insensitive personal attacks between posters.

But DD's passion for the Rockets became an obsession and maybe it's a good thing that he's been forced off the BBS. Maybe it will give him some time to reflect on what's happened and regain some perspective and balance. One thing 40+ years of being a Rockets' fan has taught me is that at the end of the day, the Rockets are going to do what they want, when they want and let the chips will fall as they may.

2 people like this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Dadakota is one of the best posters on this board.

11. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Banned.
    Self imposed exile = creating a new account.

14. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

The funny thing is, if I remember correctly, you can still "log in" to a banned account. It just takes you to a "you are banned" screen. Don't ask me how I know. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Guess DD was just checking to see if the ban was lifted.

15. RedRedemption

...DD?

16. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Nope.

DD??

17. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Also, EVERYONE knows you haven't lived until you've been banned from Clutchfans!

18. RedRedemption

I think I've been banned three times. :grin:

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

you know I'd like to have DD to be allowed to post once to know the answer to this question:

"which of the four rookies do you like the most"

and then offer that rookie up to Orlando as part of a DH trade ASAP

oh and for those labelling DD as a martyr please dont. I dont know either DD or Clutch that well but I know enough about Clutch that he (clutch, that is) has a huge amount of patience and gives people multiple chances. I don't believe that the second (that we know of) account of DD's was the only reason why he was banned, but more of a "straw that finally broke the camel's back" type thing. He by no means is a martyr of any sort.

For those who say DD was banned unfairly its like saying that Clutch is being unfair, which is far from true -whatever Clutch's reasons were I am sure they were valid and at the end of the day it is his site -- i mean its no secret that if it was up to me I would have banned DD years ago.

4 people like this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm assuming you've learned your lessons from it and become a better poster.