1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DA Chat: Nuggets should go after Piatkowski

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dean, Jul 18, 2004.

1. dean

dean Member

Sam ( Denver, Co ): DA, Im a huge nuggets fan and now that the Nuggets have acquired Kenyon Martin do you think they are done this offseason? If not which other free agents do they have a shot at?

David Aldridge: You hear Trenton Hassell, but if I were Denver, I'd try to deal for a guy like Eric Piatkowski or Casey Jacobsen, a deadeye shooter who can loosen things up inside for Melo and K Mart.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5577

2. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Member

Piatkowski is so good, that NENE should be traded for him.

Seriously though, Go after piatkowski.

3. New Jack

New Jack Member

Denver has about 2.5 mil left in cap space, which is about what Pike makes. I'd be pretty much willing to give Pike away for a 2nd rounder.

And if they want to go after Hassel, I would take Skita off their hands for our trade exception. That should give them enough money to go after Hassel.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

Yeah, they need Pike....They should definitely trade for him.

5. Willis25

Willis25 Member

and lets get them to take A. Griffen too !

[​IMG]

6. gucci888

gucci888 Member

I'd rather keep Pike than trade him for a 2nd rounder and I doubt we would get a 1st rounder since they just traded 3 of them for Kenyon.

Maybe Pike/2nd rounder for Jon Barry (S&T)?

7. baller4life315

Would something like Rodney White for Pike work in a sign-and-trade? Or maybe Tskitisvilli for Pike, seems like they are trying to move him?

Or better yet: Pike for Earl Boykins!
    Imagine having nearly the tallest player and the shortest player on the same team:p

8. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Pike for Tskitishvili sounds good to me. You can't have too many 7 footers.

9. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

Why would they want Pike when they have Leonard and can easily resign Jon Barry. They do what Pike does (spot up shoot) and have some additional game to them.

Now Miami, Pike could make sense for them, but seeing how little he did for a team with Yao Ming drawing the defense I just don't see who would be much interested in him.

AP is still available via FA as well. A team could sign him for half the MLE and also get more of a player than Pike.

Wes Person or Hoiberg could be had for the min too.

In short I see little interest in Pike unless it is for another dissappointing player like Ollie.

10. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Member

I think just as we overrated Pike when we signed him, we're underestimating him now. He was hurt all year and still hasn't shown us what he can do. If we could get Tskita for him, that'd be great. It's not like he's a vital part of our team at the moment but he's not worthless. He has value obviously. I'm just a huge sucker for prospects. Seing players develop into their potential is one of the most fun parts of basketball I think. Tskita would be our new Nachbar.

11. wireonfire

wireonfire Member

Skita is tearing it up in the summer league, averaging in up 20pts. I doubt Denver will let him go.

12. wireonfire

wireonfire Member

We shouldn't abandon Pike just yet because of an injury ladden bad season.

Also, we need some defensive stopper on the perimeter in A. Griffin. Remember a couple years ago he was a starter for the Mavs.

13. baller4life315

If I was Kiki I wouldn't deal Skita especially given the fact that he's performing extremely well in the summer league, but how are they going to use him? That is what I don't understand. Camby/K-Mart/Nene/Melo, where will he play? Not saying this is the best move for the Nuggets: but if the Nuggets really want Pike I would offer him along with a first rounder for Skita.

Think about it.....
    Skita may be a bust up until this point but he is only 21 years old still. 7'0" 245 pounds with long arms and the shooting touch we need from the PF position. He may be a defensive liability but I would like to see what a defensive coach like JVG could do for him before I label him as a liability. Many of us probably didn't even notice him considering we had the #1 pick that year and the only name we cared about was "YAO MING," but many in Europe were saying he would likely be better than Gasol and was certainly a star in the making.

If we did this that obviously leaves us with too many PF's. Skita's addition would mean that we could then deal Taylor for a PG and/or C (or perhaps a cost cutting deal--Kittles?) to potential suitors: Cleveland, Seattle, New Jersey, etc. Then we could watch this guy blossum under the coaching of JVG and the veteran leadership of Juwan Howard.

Another aspect I like about this deal is it gives us YOUTH at every position. Not only are we currently a near championship contender team as it is, but with the addition of Skita and how our roster looked after the T-Mac deal---the possiblities are endless for what this team could not only do this year but also 2-3 years from now as well.

PG Gaines (23) plus Spannoulis
    SG McGrady (25)
    SF Nachbar (24)
    PF Skita (21)
    C Yao (23) plus Badiane

A good GM not only plans for the present but also for the future.

14. wireonfire

wireonfire Member

Isn't Kittles on a 10mil/yr contract?

15. drpepper

drpepper Member

They do have alot of frontcourt players on the Nuggets now with K-Mart and Camby. But, I don't see them trading their project to their competitors. Maybe out east. Pike and a 2nd rounder for Skita I'd do in a minute, but not likely. He'd be a good backup 5 , although he can play like 3 positions.

16. baller4life315

Yes, but a deal like Mo/Griffin for Kittles works. Works for us to get rid of Taylor's contract and get a good shooter/fast break player and works for the Nets to get the PF they need and a servicable G/F to fill the vacancy left by Kittles.

17. pasox2

pasox2 Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like Skita. They can have Pike and whatever else they want. Yeah even Boki, Gaines, whatever. Dude is 7 feet tall and can shoot. Put that at the 3 spot and let him dump it down to Yao or Tmac. He could at least take on a Bob Horry role. It might cover up having a craptastic point guard, if we've got a big three to make that entry.

18. Raven

Raven Member

In a heartbeat, but no way Denver does that trade.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

They have a logjam of forwards. They apparently tried to give him to NJ and they wouldn't take him.

20. CVcrew

CVcrew Member

If Denver is willing to part with him for Pike...... no brainer! Skita to the rockets done deal! The twin towers part 2.