1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-wade: “Trying to make my guy @carmeloanthony the fall guy huh!?”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lebron is his friend too...not worried about any kind of backlash against the Rockets, Melo is well known at this point, just like Dwight.

Patience and SF3isBack!! like this.
  2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Melo has played like ****.

3. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

That is not correct. Melo has had some good games here. The last game OKC game is really clouding judgement and skewed his offensive numbers in the bad way. All his offensive numbers were high and on a career high level before that game. I believe before the OKC game Melo was near or over 40% on 3s and had a some good offensive numbers. Defense well nobody thought he would be good on defense.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  4. MystikArkitect

After he's cut Lebron can lure him to team-hasbeens and work together on their ultimate goal:

Get another coach fired.

Stormy1234 and Vivi like this.
  5. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

D-Wade is lucky he's not trying to get minutes on a contender or him and that team would be "Exploring his role" as well. lol, actually as I type that I recall his Cleveland stint.

If Melo wants to still play good minutes without harsh blowback on his defense or team's results, he needs to do what Wade or VC are doing.
    You can extend your career quite a bit just quietly playing on a bad team like D-Wade or VC.

jboslett likes this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Why does Melo have to be a scapegoat? We have someone we would prefer to give those minutes to because he works better with our roster so we are cutting Melo loose so he can continue his career on another team - what is wrong with that? Making a move on Melo isn't acknowledgement that it is the ONLY problem on our roster, but he has been mostly awful in the minutes he has played for us so making a change with his minutes/status with the team is a good move since we don't have much buffer to fall further behind just because we like the idea of what Melo "could" bring us. The fact is after a month he hasn't given us anything - he was always bad at defense, but the hope was he could hit open shots but he hasn't been able to do that at all so far and for a player so bad at defense, that is the death knell. It's no offense to Melo - we need someone who can either light it up offensively or someone who can light it up defensively and so far Melo is neither. Enter Gary Clark and the gentlemanly thing to do for Melo is let him pursue opportunities elsewhere rather than sticking him on the bench where he won't be happy.

Corpusfan and rantsolpuella13 like this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's not the only or even the main reason for the rockets struggles. But that doesn't mean he doesn't suck.

ryano2009 likes this.
  8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This is ridiculous. Morey wants to keep Melo despite him wanting to leave!! It’s literally the exact opposite of this smh.

DreamShook likes this.
  9. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Westbrook letthe media have it in the past and that's why (I believe) he's more respected. Sometimes it's better to be feared than loved. Harden, with all the media bashing, stays nice. Like on the court. They will keep "bullying" Harden until he stops allowing it.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Melo was playing like ****. He did not fit in well with the offense and was really bad defensively. He does not fit. As well as most of the new people dont fit, I dont care what their numbers are.. they dont fit our system. Morey has a track record with building a three point system with guys who dont fit that system. Last year was arguably the first time where he had the right players that fit the way he wanted the team to play. You cant just throw people on a team together and expect everything to work. Melo still hasnt even bought into the system, if your gonna stand there and shoot threes and not create offense then you need to be able to defend and attack the basket when harden passes the ball to you and you are well covered. But I know this will fall on deaf ears because its Clutchfans. Im not sure Melo fits on any team at this point. Maybe the Warriors because they will win regardless. He's basically Dwight Howard at this point. I remember when Dwight was really bad and was bringing the team down and everyone here was like " he shoots 60%" lol Last week it was "Ennis shoots 50% from 3" lol They suck its as plain as day they dont fit in his system. Honestly I was actually willing to give Melo a chance but his errors on defense and low bb ball iq hurt the Rockets. He's certainly not the only one though.

Corpusfan, LorneMalvo and hakeem94 like this.
  11. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I wish they would have at least started Melo in the beginning at the 3. For mental purposes and chemistry's sake. He's done enough to deserve that. Then move him to the bench if it didn't work out. DM, D'Antoni knew all eyes were on him. He "accepted" the bench role but he was never ok with it.

Ennis has not been good, unproven in the league, starting over him. Green hasn't been good, getting more mins than Melo, jacking up shots when Melo's on the floor when I thought Melo was coming off the bench so he could be the go-to guy. This was all done wrong. I've posted multiple times I felt the way he's been handled is disrespectful and it's obvious he wants out because he feels disrespected.

DM and D'Antoni haven't been on the same page.. I.D.I.O.T

No way Melo would have been ok with this from the beginning, and must have been told/promised different by DM.

D'Antoni is making em all look bad and he (with his my way or the highway system regardless of the fit) is the problem.

jboslett likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Hah, no it doesn't please cite one case where a player in decline didn't want to accept a lessor role and got cut and ruined the team....just one......

DD

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

EXACTLY! Morey made a public statement saying it isn't fair how Melo is being treated BY THE MEDIA! Now the media has completely flipped, this is so strange..

DonKnock, TheRealAllpro and hakeem94 like this.
  14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Soo much Drama! Love it.

Hopefully this lights a fire under the team.

hakeem94 and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is so much easier for the Media to look for "ONE" singular scapegoat to pin problems on. It is easy to "SELL" in bite size tweets and sound bytes.

When in reality there is nuance and context.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Not just media either the fans to the same thing.

17. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Last 6 games, 98.3 opponent ppg, 104.4 Drtg

First 6 games, 116 opponent ppg, 114.3 Drtg

Offense still sucked, but HUGE improvement on defense, especially with that happening through a 5 game road trip.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

He was never efficient offensively. He simply shot the ball at an average level. Literally zero free throw activity.

19. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Anthony killed SO many offensive possessions by not shooting and when used as an outlet and restarting the possessions. Even in his "good" games.
    He stinks, and has stunk for years. All there is to it.

Inefficient, defensively inept and awful. Let me give the synonyms for awful he also qualifies for:

aw·ful
    /ˈôfəl/
    adjective
    1. 1.
      very bad or unpleasant.
      "the place smelled awful"
      synonyms: disgusting, horrible, terrible, dreadful, ghastly, nasty, vile, foul, revolting, repulsive, repugnant, odious, sickening, nauseating;
      informal
    2. yucky, gross, beastly
    3. "the place smelled awful"
    4. terrible, atrocious, dreadful, frightful, execrable, abominable;
      inadequate, inferior, substandard, lamentable;
      informalcrummy, pathetic, rotten, woeful, lousy, appalling, abysmal

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  20. alethios

alethios Member

The question remains, Will we be better off or worse off without Melo?