1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-wade: “Trying to make my guy @carmeloanthony the fall guy huh!?”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Nov 12, 2018.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't blame D-wade. Those washed up players have to stick together.

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This team, this roster has not even had time to gel. Harden and Paul have been on the court together for what, 5 games?

And Melo is bailing already, worrying about his role and minutes? GTFO.

At least give it a month or two. If there truly are family issues playing into it then I take back my words, but I think this is a guy who just cannot accept not being at least part of a big 3, even though his talent is nowhere near that level anymore. He knows we are about to make him a 15-18 mpg player and can't handle it.

DonKnock, rantsolpuella13 and kevtse like this.
  3. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I personally, think give it at least half the season for the team to gel. Not everything is going to work like harden and Paul did. Sit Melo down and come to a mutual agreement on playing time and maybe get him involved early in the game. I think Dantoni is still bitter about NY and put him on a real short leash. He’s an nba vet playing alongside cp3 they will figure it out.

DonKnock and Crashlanded19 like this.
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Has anyone mentioned the timing with jb coming back?

5. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Well....there is that thing of jb May want to give his minutes to Gary Clark.

ak99999 likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't think Wade is throwing shade at the Rockets organization as much as he is throwing it at the media. There's no logical reason why Wade would be upset at the organization when

1. Paul has backed this organization since the day he was traded here
    2. It's been well known that Morey's tried to get Melo since god know's when
    3. No one on this team has made anything but positive comments about Melo to the media since he came on board

Maybe it's just me being optimistic but it doesn't make sense for Wade to defend his friend against this organization. It's more like telling the media to stop making Melo into a scapegoat for everything that's wrong with the Rockets this year (which is the right/good point to make).

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

I expect nothing less for guys like wade/cp3 to have melo's back in whatever way they can. that's just what actual loyalty in relationships are and obviously these guys are close.

but basketball wise which is completely separate, it just isn't working and hasn't. move on from it. it wasn't a guarantee to work no matter how much the meloof's wanted to make themselves believe

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

What's DWade's commentary on the Miami Heat? Hmm...

Shut up.

Melo is #9 at best in the rotation. That's his problem. He thinks he's still in the top 5. He isn't. Everyone in the world but Melo and DWade apparently know it. Maybe there's too much bridge under the water between Melo and the coaches. Maybe Melo just really doesn't have his heart into playing for the Rockets. Who knows. It's just time to move on knowing Melo is a 3rd string option on the Houston Rockets. Tucker and Clark being 1st and 2nd options at the 4.

He came here to replace Ryan Anderson. He'll leave having not even replaced Joe Johnson.

9. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

My take, judging from the reports and @Codman information:

Melo is both distracted by home stuff AND having a hard time adjusting to his new job description. I know this isn't a sexy conspiracy theory, it's the opposite: so mundane most everyone can relate. It's Occam's razor. The situation is exacerbated by 1) Rocket's urgency, 2) Melo's diminishing skill, and 3) the superstar psychological profile (i.e. part of being the best is thinking you're invincible, which you think every day until discover a chink in your armor, and then it all unravels very quick...).

Melo is A problem (a big one), but not THE problem. Rockets still havent' been great without him. Acting like cutting him will solve everything is facile thinking. Unfortunately, that being said, cutting Melo isn't the solution, but it may be step 1 to the solution.

I say unfortunately because I do still think Melo gets unfairly maligned. His worst attributes are either the same attributes that made him the superstar he is (e.g. stubborn self-confidence) or would be viewed as common sense in a non pro-athlete context (e.g. wanting to take a job in preferred city for the highest salary is basically how everyone in real life looks for a job). His teammates seem to like him, ex-coaches he fought with don't have any lingering issues with him.

But no one will see that. He'll get cut, look like the fall guy, because media narrative are always simple, and that's that. It's a pity I guess, but it's still just basketball, and he'll have millions in the bank to help get over it.

IvanLCPM, DonKnock, ramotadab and 3 others like this.
  10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I believe Melo took a leave of absence for something (maybe personal reasons) and I think the Rockets assume that he is bailing on them. I truly believe none of his teammates know what is going on. More likely Melo is frustrated with his role and took himself out of the team without letting anyone know. I think the Rockets are trying to protect him by saying illness just in-case he does want to come back. D'Antoni knows Melo and CP3 are locked-in arms and he wouldn't create this separation, only Melo can depart from us not anyone from the Rockets. The Morey conference was weird when everyone speculates that he is going to be released. I think Morey is giving Anthony an option to come back if he wants to. When someone wants to be alone in thought, he does not want interference, or friends to influence him. I doubt DWade talked to Melo this past couple days, only he is speculating from media.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

What's he even talking about? The Celtics performed really well with Hayward missing the entire season and Kyrie in and out of the lineup, constantly. And Kyrie wasn't even healthy for the playoffs.

Kyrie's problem is trying to make the Celtics into his team, when it's clear that they're most successful when they're a version of the 2004 Pistons - a team that has a bunch of really good players, but that no one should be the "superstar."

14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Yes, in other threads. Melo got him fired in Denver, Melo then signs with Rockets, JB retires preseason, Melo is benched with "illnesses," JB magically unretires simultaneously.

ramotadab, sirjesse and ak99999 like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We're a joke.

J Sizzle likes this.
  16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Similarly with Ty Lawson, so much hype coming into the season, played terrible, Rockets let him go, and the media labeled Harden a terrible teammate because of it. Ty Lawson has been so bad since then. I don't even know if he's in the league still.

17. BackdoorHarden

You don't mess with t hose Italian. They have long memory. This was Dantoni's paidback from NY. Melo claim he's from NYC, so he should know how the Italian American never forget. Just look at Whitey Bulger this week. Shank to death at age 89 in prison

DANTONI'S REVENGE :

clutchdabear and sirbaihu like this.
  18. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Reading the tea leaves from everyone it seems like the Rockets want Melo to remain on the team in a certain role. Melo is not only having on the court issues trying to find his place in the NBA in his new role but is having some serious off the court family issues. And if the Rockets and Melo part ways it will be because Melo asks out.

19. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

This is what I get out of it. People aren't attacking the Rockets for throwing Melo under the bus they are attacking the media and fans for doing it without looking at the big picture of what is actually going on with the team.

20. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Aren't Rockets like 4-2 over the last 6 games? Seems like things are turning around even before CP started shooting better.

Rocket River likes this.