1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-wade: “Trying to make my guy @carmeloanthony the fall guy huh!?”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Nov 12, 2018.

1. hakeemthagreat

Yep. This move seems like it's personal. I like MDA. But this has his name written all over it. Coupled with the fact Jeff Bzdelik had his issue w/ Melo

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. pli777

pli777 Member

Love a good conspiracy theory

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

This probably has something to do with the coaching staff...but Melo is a little biatch, full stop

Zboy likes this.
  4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Dwayde is right and wrong.

Melo--by a "friend's" account"--has been great. It has been his choice for the current distance. It's a decision regarding his role, a SIGNIFICANT family issue and his future.

Honestly, he IS considering if he fits the 3/D mold.

But:
    1. MDA did not do anything to Melo that he didn't previously reveal. (possibly coming off bench, defined role)
    2. There is no conspiracy with Melo in the locker room. It's the opposite. Guys are telling him his worth.
    3* Melo has lost some confidence due to the role and his shot selection/coming off the bench cold
    *No one can say factually about one's emotions

You'll know shortly.

My gut on this one his numb. I do know Melo from Denver days, BUT I can see him asking to be released. HOWEVER, if you leave the Knicks, the Thunder (didn't want him) and the Rockets who went through hell last year (before the OKC swoop) to get you, where do you fit? I mean, really?

I do know that James, CP, Ne and Tuck are working to have Melo work through this.

But again, like I mentioned about coach JBZZ, personal life is different, both on and off of the court.

Melo didn't pull a Jimmy in 'Sota. He's legitimately a good guy, good teammate (ears)

XO

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The only constant in those two situations are Morey and Harden. Maybe they aren’t the stand-up guys everybody perceives them to be. Harden can calm all this chatter with a statement. He’s a our franchise player and supposed leader. I guess he’s the quiet type like Kawhi or Kidd.

6. macan

macan Member

it's the bs media trying to make melo fall. if melo was on fakers, media would not say shiit

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Wade is welcome to take Melo and babysit him.

Why is he expecting others to take care of his guy?

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

Good info, and it all makes sense. This isn't the Rockets trying to push Melo out the door. This is Melo trying to decide if he wants to stay.

Melo has to be very disappointed with the way the season has started. He was expecting to join one of the best two teams in the league. Now, he finds himself on a team that's struggling to reach .500. He's just not happy and is wondering if he should just leave. If he's having personal family issues, then that makes things that much worse.

I will say this. I think the Rockets organization is being made into the bad guy here, and that's just not fair.

Deuce, Remlap, JVL713 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is whining again.

Same old story from everywhere and exactly what he did in OKC last season.

"My role"..Whether I fit with this or that mold...coming of the bench..etc etc.

Here is what he means when he talks about "role"..

'I want more touches and more shots and i want to start"

All this drama for a "Vet min player".

We should have NEVER signed him.

ElPigto likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

People keep saying this ("Melo's not the only problem!") and of course it's not 100% Melo's fault.

HOWEVER...

Melo has been the #1 guy on almost every stop of his career, and if he's unhappy it's a HUGE deal. Especially if CP3 is his BFF. This isn't Ryan Anderson upset because he's been benched, this is 10-time All-Star, future Hall of Famer Carmelo Anthony trying to maintain some semblance of relevancy in the NBA circa 2018. If Gary Clark continues taking minutes away, that means this is absolutely the beginning of the end in Melo's mind. He envisions getting no offers next summer and having to go to China. In other words, Melo is freaking the f$#k out internally and trying to salvage what's left of his career and earning potential. He simply cannot agree to reduced minutes, regardless of whether it benefits the team.

So is it all Melo's fault? No. But Melo in a funk is going to affect things in a big, big way. And when last year's locker room leader is now a Phoenix Sun and this year's locker room leader is hand-tied because his own bestie is the unhappy one, things can get weird pretty quick and spill over onto everything.

Hitting and missing shots does not happen in a vacuum. When the team is happy, they play better. When they're unhappy or confused, they kinda suck.

#50 topfive, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This is pretty hilarious. We clearly aren't making him the fall guy. If he accepts his role then he's welcome on the team.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Conspiracy theories be damned!

I guess everyone loves a good dramatic story though. Melo will be painted as the "bad guy" on Clutchfans and the Rockets will be painted as the "bad guys" in the media.

It is what it is.

Rocket River and PDJACK7 like this.
  13. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Thanks Codman. Glad we could get some legitimate info. Getting tired of reading these posts of guys assuming they know what's going on.

He hasn't been the problem, but it looks as if he doesn't fit with our scheme. Or maybe coach should find ways to use the players talents. This standing around at the 3 point line doesn't fit every player.

14. gotsis

gotsis Member

Must suck for a guy like Melo to go through the OKC fiasco, then come to a 65 winning team and lose his role to a 2 way contract player in Gary Clark.

Our struggles aren't his fault, but it's fair to say he is rethinking if he want to go through this again, being the medias scapegoat also.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. Mr Chuck Norris

Significant family issue??? That damn LALA!!!

16. jb86

jb86 Member

If they want us to be the bad guys then we should be. That can be the identity of the team. Melo needs to start because Ennis isn't doing anything out there with the starters. If we move the ball more, that will help us with this new rule change. Say hello to the bad guys.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I saw in another thread that Philly now interested
    I guess after Melo has been broken and humbled now people want to take him
    Where were they the last 2 years
    I think Houston should keep him . .. . at least until after the Trade Deadline
    then we will know 100% if he is working or not

10 games is not enough

Rocket River

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Melo or Clark should start
    Ennis is a good bench player

Rocket River

topfive and jb86 like this.
  19. tc0330

tc0330 Member

there's clearly things going on behind the scenes we cant see. i wouldnt put the blame all on the rockets..

20. riko

riko Member

It seems the players led by harden are trying to convince him to stay according to Cod but Melo is not happy with his role.. well with the return of Brandon Knight and Gordon his minutes and touches were going to go even lower and he was not having any of it.