1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-Mo failed his physical.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Dec 10, 2016.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I can still think of almost no reason why we do not have a clear answer about ... 1 whether he passed or failed the physical and 2 if it's still in doubt then what is the hold up .

I understand hippa so maybe it has something to do with medical records .

The only real plausible explanation is that there has been a disagreement over which medical records Dmo has to provide for the rockets ... But then why not come out and say that ?

If he failed and they are trying to determine the next step and his FA status then why not say it ?

WTF IS GOING ON ?

The lack of info from either side makes me think that either one side or both are using underhanded tactics ... But the rockets have no incentive to do that . Because they won the original dispute playing it by the book .

Oh and also if he passed but BKN lodged a complaint then why not say that ?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed on all points, it's just weird. Neither side seems to have any incentive to keep dragging this out, and yet here we are. Perhaps there's some nonsense from the Nets, and if that's the case, I understand it. Otherwise, I don't know what the holdup is. It's pretty clear that DMo is blaming the Rockets FO and suggesting that they are just being dicks.....but there's no reason for them to do that so I dunno.

It just needs to end now.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't know what the rockets told Dmo , but if he's reacting the way he has been to JB on Twitter he's obviously hurt . So I doubt the rockets said hey man you passed but there's a hold up with the Nets.

I also don't know why the FO would withhold info from DMO so I think he must know what the holdup is , but he's not telling anyone exactly why .

They must've told him exactly why he can't pass yet ( if ever ) and he must think that's unfair .

@heypartner already kinda ruled out drugs .

It must be about obtaining records.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Absolutely, but i mean, the Rockets in the end got both, the best contract possible (literally perfect) and they also (for those who like this argument) got the last word and the media by their side so, i really don't see any single reason to think they're trying to screw D.Mo, just doesn't make any sense...it has to be something about the process they used to sign D.Mo or his medicals...

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You guys need to listen to this - if you want to know what is going on from DMo's perspective.

DD

6. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

This all drags me back to the great T-Mac micro-fracture debacle and the RA vs T-Mac stoush. This may even take the cake, although D-Mo isn't exactly T-Mac calibre....despite his diva attitude throughout suggesting otherwise.

7. opticon

opticon Member

Morey is making rookie mistakes as if he wants to get canned. The rockets were walking the line of its legal but kind of shady when they tore up the nets offer sheet after Dmo refused the physical.

Morey should have gave BJ and team time to secure a deal with Utah or someone else after they tore up the nets deal. If they did that Dmo would have a deal right now with Utah or another team if the rockets backed out.

I bet BJ and team are giving the league office a sob story about how the rockets refused to tear up the nets contract unless they agreed to the terms of a new deal before hand or else sit and wait till July.

What happened between Wednesday and Friday of last week is going to get someone into some doo doo.

Rockets would have been better off letting Dmo sweat it out out till January. He would have folded after mid January because deals be come prorated after that date.

Chasing cap flexibility is going to cost the franchise its reputation and maybe even more.

Hakeemtheking and DaDakota like this.
  8. Newlin

Newlin Member

I listened, but I didn't hear anything that we don't already know. DMo said he failed the physical. While the Rockets are only saying they are still looking at things.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DMo said he is fine, that there is nothing wrong - if he is in the same condition as he was last season when he played for the Rockets, then this is something else.

DD

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm assuming nothing has be learned yet? What a crazy situation. Really hope Houston comes out clean.

Mazulis likes this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

He failed Detroit's physical too... Haha, I'm just messing, this whole situation is a mess. Hopefully resolved soon, or whole story surfaces

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

What matters is what the Docs that do the physical say, not what DMo says.

MorningZippo and Stormy1234 like this.
  13. DaDakota

Actually it is more than that - because you can always get multiple opinions, but if these SAME docs said no today, and his condition is the SAME as it was last year when they said, YES, then this is gonna end up in court.

DD

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a stupid post... Fictional rubbish from beginning to end.

#894 RudyTBag, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    heypartner, Plowman and topfive like this.
  15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

None of you know what's going on. All conjecture at this point. The end of Dmo's drama is near. Wait for it...

16. opticon

opticon Member

If what I am saying is so rubbish why is the league office involved? Better yet why did you even waist time quoting me.
    There are three parties involved here, the Nets, the Rockets and Dmo and his reps.

The nets made a run of the mill offer sheet so they could meet the salary floor and see if they could snatch up a asset.

Dmo held out which was within his right to do.

The rockets are the ones strong arming people and voiding offer sheets.

Those are the facts and that's why the league in involved.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Are you serious? They voided the offer sheet cause they had a better deal with D.Mo and BJ...when you say "Rockets are the ones strong arming people and voiding offer sheets" you're making it sound like they're used to cheat, wtf are you talking about?

heypartner likes this.
  18. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

First of all, we don't even know if the holdup is the physical. For all we know, it could very well be the Nets throwing a wrench into this because of the contract reneg.

Stop spewing your bias against Morey and Co. before we really know what's happening.

Now if when dust settles and Morey did indeed do DMO dirty, flame on then.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

There is not an eye-roll emoji on the planet big enough to convey my feelings about this post.

heypartner and RudyTBag like this.
  20. opticon

opticon Member

You honestly think that Morey did not threaten to not withdraw the offer sheet if they did not agree to terms favorable to the rockets before hand?
    I guess the league office is just making a social call.

I apologize I am the idiot.

I need to go back to lurking.