1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

D-Mo failed his physical.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Dec 10, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Coach (Not Pringles) said they're looking for a loop hole to make this make work. @BimaThug this is your area. Allegedly, they want a year out of DMo to see if he can play. But, if he failed anything, they're going to have to take steps to put him on Inactive.

At this point, I don't believe DMo is necessary. By any means.

I'm not a fan, based on his behavior, output, and the disgrace he's put on this tight-knit group.

"He's not one of us yet."

#Tired.

Give me my boy Brandon Bass. He wants out and atleast he'll come in and give you 8-10/5 rebounds off of the bench. He's tougher, more durable and is ready ton contribute.

I mention him because it's a possibility. Match the contracts, and ask Bev/ Trev who they'd like to bring in for toughness and midrange talent/crahsing boards, etc...

#FreeBird...release him. He's too talented. Landry X2 with better skills.

#462 Codman, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Deuce, BigMaloe, rocketman84 and 13 others like this.
  3. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I am pretty sure based on this like that either:

A) Donatas is mad that we have been spelling his name wrong every time that we abbreviate and is taking a stand, or
    B) D-Mo is supporting Joel Blank's new music career and thinks he has some fire bars about medical conditions.

ramotadab likes this.
  4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Thanks for the info Codman. Any idea how the players feel about the whole situation?

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Deserves its own thread

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good idea.

I advocated for his services 2 or 3 years ago.

7. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Holdup is Morey wants to do one also.

8. omgTHEpotential

Morey is a Jack of all trades.

[​IMG]

ajc123, ramotadab and macho GRANDE like this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Back to back to back drama.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

So anyone have any knowledge on why or if he really failed the physical?

12. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

It took 3 days for Detroit to analyze the data, why were you expecting Rockets to do it in 2 hours?

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Man I do feel bad for D-Mo. He probably has a lot of emotions going on in his head right now for sure. Despite his boneheaded moves in FA led by his idiot agent, nobody wanted to see the outcome be this.

Even if he feels great and doesn't understand why team doctors think he's damaged and a ticketing time bomb, his career will be taking a massive hit if the Rockets fail him. No team will want to touch him with any decent contract.

He will probably resent the Rockets but they have to make the best decision for the team at the end of the day. I'm sure they will handle the news the best they can but at the end of the day they won't be able to do anything to curve the inevitable red flag that DMo will have hanging above his head the rest of his career.

14. Malaya

Malaya Member

WTH Morey, the short contract is the reason DMo didn't want to sign here in the first place. Rockets should have just released him. How can he play well if he thinks the FO is continually shortchanging him? Since he passed the Nets physical. This is a player's career we're talking about.

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Would they prefer Bass to the Nene/Harrell combo? I don't think I would.

mikol13 likes this.
  16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

We will probably never know the truth about this entire situation. So frustrating.

ramotadab likes this.
  17. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Rockets don't want him guaranteed for next year, and don't want to open up a case of someone not showing up for medical after being matched in RFA to be released, hence got him to come in for a physical and using it to dismiss him. DMo can't go to the Nets for a year. The Jazz offer will now probably be half the size at best. Tells people to not mess with the Rockets. Stick one to DMo, and I can't blame them. And DMo really has little traction amongst players in the NBA, and given it is BJ trying to mess with the Rockets first, it probably won't have negative raminifications on players wanting to play for the Rockets.

I like DMo. I don't think he necessarily deserves this (could be his agent's fault). But I can't blame Morey. DMo's career now completely derailed.

ramotadab and Richie_Rich like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

What happened why dont we see multiple DMo threads now?

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

Morey basically doing what he accused SVG of doing. Finding a fault because he wanted to find one.
    There's no drama, unless the Rockets make it one. If the Rockets want to void the contract, they have reason to.

JJWhat? likes this.
  20. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't buy that for one second. I don't think the Rockets or Morey are trying to stick it to DMo. The Rockets are just making business decisions. The Rockets just want to be careful, and I don't blame them.