1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-mo......D-league??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AliefRockets713, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Either you all aren't watching the same game I am, or you haven't played basketball, because, even though Motiejunas still looks rusty, he improved the team in his time on the floor. Lets face it, the Rockets have looked pretty bad all season. The offense is stagnant. In the half-court we're getting a one-two pick and roll so Harden can get a switch, and then a Harden isolation. That, or a pick and roll kick out to a shooter. We're not finding the roll-man very often.

The biggest problem I see is the stagnation. Whoever isn't involved in that pick and roll is just standing around the three-point line for a pass. No cutting. No screening. Nothing. That's coaching. That's lack of a system. But in comes Motiejunas, going a million miles an hour, and low and behold, suddenly we're getting motion on the weakside with Motiejunas setting off-ball screens to get shooters open. Suddenly the offense doesn't look as stagnant. Suddenly, we have a low post option. I want Motiejunas to pick up those three-second violations everytime because his teammates need to pass him the ball when he gets that deep position.

My point here is that, to folks who don't understand the intricacies of the game, Motiejunas had three rebounds, didn't score, and picked up five fouls in limited action, but to folks who play basketball and are "students of the game", they look at a player like Motiejunas and see somebody they'd want on their team. If we had statistics showing who sets screens, and how effective those screens are, or who gets open the best on any screening play, I think that would paint a much different picture for all of the haters. Jones, for comparison, doesn't do the same things for his teammates. When you watch him play, you're not in awe of how open he's getting his teammates, or how good his defensive rotations are.

2 people like this.
  2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

His post moves still looks good. It's more of a timing thing as those 3 second calls showed. I think he'll be ok in a couple more game. More dependable than Tjones and Capela when the game counts.

3. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Can we send Howard there to work on his post game?

kidding.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He has gotten better each game . After the a few more practices and games it will get to the point where he will be able to play consistent minutes . I was surprised coach went with him in the fourth , I was even more surprised that he played OK in the fourth . Those three second violations were weak . Those are fouls that happen almost every game and aren't called .

I bet he will look even better on Saturday.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We are the D league.

Close thread.

6. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Dmo is the future, for sure

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

We've all seen what Captain Hook can do. He will reward our patience. I bet he's back to himself in a few weeks.

8. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

The first three second call was ****. It seemed quick. I wasn't sitting there counting it out, but he barely seemed to be under the basket. The second one was Harden's fault. Motiejunas had great position on the block, Harden had a great angle on the pass, but instead of making the pass, he drove, and as soon as he did that the refs blew the whistle.

9. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

He just needs more minutes. Please bench Jones.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just needs to get back into the flow of the game. I would not play him big minutes in the 4th quarter like JB did tonight until further notice, but just needs to get acclimated. No worries so far.

11. dmoneybangbang

He just needs more time. Hopefully him going back to falling down as a defensive move is temporally.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Maybe if the Rox actually blew a team out for once, D-Mo could get some much needed garbage time minutes. At this point it's more likely to come when the Rockets get blown out.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Would probably be welcome by RGV to help them win some games.

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Anymore minutes and he may have fouled out of the game lol. It's going to take him awhile to get back in the flow of playing basketball at full speed no matter how many practice 3 point shots he was making. Personally I think you'll see some of the old DMO within 20-30 games from now and that would be a monster boost down the stretch for the rockets if Bickerstaff will use him correctly. We just have to be patient with his return from such a serious injury and long rehab process. Its so nice and exciting to see him out there running around if your a rockets fan.

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

I think current situation is killing his confidence. Going to Vipers and dominating dem kids would give confidence, would let his feet adjust to game speed. He's just rushing too much and refs are blowing every so-so whistle. Second season all over again.

16. omgTHEpotential

Terrence Ross once had a 51 point game. I'm sure he's a top20 player too.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

You probably need to start a thread stating that Harden is not a top 20 player and why!!! Its not even worth arguing with you if you think he's not.

18. AliefRockets713

Nevermind........ Close thread

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

Lakers are on a D-League level, so it makes sense

20. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

Great thread made after he had played a total of 9 minutes after 8 Months out and major back surgery.