1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-mo......D-league??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AliefRockets713, Dec 8, 2015.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Haha can we send the whole team down, except for Howard and Thornton?

2. dragician

dragician Member

He was a bit off last night.

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Sorry to burst your little bubble OLY3 but currently DMO is no top 100 player in the NBA. Realistically its going to take him awhile to get into the actual flow of playing 5 on 5 basketball which he hasn't been able to do for almost 3/4s of a year while rehabbing from back surgery. He's not superman even though you think he is.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Dude has been out 8 months.

There is a reason he has only played spot minutes in the first half of games. It takes time to get used to the speed of the game and to get your swagger and confidence back. I have seen a lot of good things from D Mo, despite him missing shots and falling all over the place. He knows where to rotate, his legs just aren't quite up to speed yet.

5. omgTHEpotential

Well, to be quite honest, Harden CURRENTLY isn't a top20 player either.

6. omgTHEpotential

I just made a list of ~22 players that are better than Harden. Harden, the guy who was a runner-up MVP last season. Can you explain how he gets excused for his laughable work ethic, while DMo the gym rat is hated for not getting back into game shape in 13 minutes of playing time?

7. jump shooter

And your point is?

8. jump shooter

How is DMO being hated, please explain?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

DMo hasn't been good since he's been back, but it's understandable given how long he was out. If he's still playing poorly a week or two from now, then we can be concerned.

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I think the point that D Mo should be sent down to the D-league to get low-risk minutes to get into game shape is a valid one. It's certainly more useful than playing him at 50% and hoping the rust shakes off soon. Let him go down, whoop up on fodder competition, and get a feel for things again.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He isn't. Literally no one has said anything negative about the guy. He's coming off a major injury, and anyone with half a brain would have expected rust. Rehabbing in the D-League is not unheard of and certainly not a knock on a player.

12. Normalus

Normalus Member

Nah, he'll be alright in several games anyway.

13. elainas

elainas Member

That's enough 2 games, and 13 min more than enough to evaluate him. Trade him back for Josh Smith on December 15

14. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

Ok he just got back. And 2nd of all James Harden is the center of this problem. Watch if you dont believe me, look at how he last years wcf. Basically he was "trying then". Now isnt important to him, though it should be......And Dwight could step up some......

15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Not sure why people are against some D-league time. It will speed his recovery, and the Rockets are in too precarious a position to risk giving up 5-10 minutes a game of substandard play. This has nothing to do with his potential to contribute this season, rather it has everything to do with getting him to fulfill that potential. Every other sport except football (which is the most backwards of American sports) has some mechanism to help players coming off prolonged recoveries to ease into the main game without being tossed into a sink-or-swim situation. It's just taking care of your investments. I'm sure D Mo shed his ego a long time ago when it comes to being sent down to the D-league. He of all people should know the value of getting in some reps in the Valley.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Well here we are again clutchfans....

I'm not big jones or Dmo fan,

But I've said this time and time again JONES has always started over DMO, Dmo has never started when jones is completely healthy. Dmo had a nice run (when Howard was out)

The ball won't run through him like that again unless Howard goes down for awhile. That's what y'all fail to realize about dmo last good season.

And jones has been bad since his injury bumps but he's had way more good run and bigger games since he's been a rockets compared to Dmo

Too much hype or someone who is a expiring and never played 1 min of playoff basketball for this team.

I hope he does good coming back etc but the hype was always too real hope y'all get it now

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

Sounds like a good idea. No way he gets into rhythm by playing rushed seconds or rare practices. He needs to play. D-league it is.

[​IMG]

18. omgTHEpotential

Yeah I agree. DMo plays like a rookie. He might need 1-2 years to get back to the shape he was in 2014-15 season.

19. jump shooter

I'm sure your right my friend!!!

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Kill his confidence why dont ya