1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

D-mo......D-league??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AliefRockets713, Dec 8, 2015.

1. AliefRockets713

Is sending D-mo to the d-league an option.
    The game looks too fast for him and he tries to play fast to compensate for it.
    Putting him on the floor for 5 minutes does no good for the team or for him.

2. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Yup. I wondered why that didn't happen myself. Plenty of guys do that after injury. Carl Landry was just sent down to the d-league for rehab purposes.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure he can't at this point.

Anyway, I'd rather him get more minutes and just play through it. We suck anyway, might as well get him back to speed quicker.

4. LG1200

LG1200 Member

We can't force him to go. He would have to give approval.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The Sixers seem to do that quite a bit. I think they sent Kendall Marshall and Tony Wroten down for rehab as well.

6. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

The games is quick for almost the entire roster

8. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Exactly. It's a smart way to go.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'd rather have him with the club. Not like TJones is locking down the 4.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think players after their 2nd year can go to D-League only with their own permission. (Or maybe thats a summer league rule)

If its a rehab assignment, thats different than a demotion (d-mo-tion, errp). Not too demeaning to volunteer for that

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

As a rehab tool to get back up to speed, sure why not? Carl Landry is utilizing the D-League right now himself to get back in game shape. No shame in a veteran utilizing it for rehab purposes.

12. omgTHEpotential

Are the Vipers running the same sets as the Rockets? Same system? Is there a Harden type player on the Vipers to get accustomed playing with? Aren't the Vipers breaking all the record of chucking threes in the D-League? Would DMo even get enough touches that chuckfest?

13. awc713

awc713 Member

can we send Brewer there to teach him how to dribble?

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

That behind the back that when behind the Nets defender seriously had me screaming at my TV.

15. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Surprised this doesn't happen more in the NBA the way they do it in baseball. Totally makes sense to use the D-League like AAA, in every sense of the word.

16. awc713

awc713 Member

Yup.

Its borderline ridiculous that he's a guard in the NBA with no handles. I get that he plays up tempo, but you have to know your limits. You have to know when not to push it, i.e., in a half court set where the D is completely set. He makes that mistake at least once a game.

17. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Keep playing like this would hurt his confidence, the team and his value both on trade market and as free agent.

18. OpenLayup-Why3?

It's funny how professional basketball team has 2 practices per week. No wonder we are not playing any better - we don't practice. We just play games and hope everything gonna change somehow.
    How can DMo get used to the NBA rhythm by playing in D league? Or by playing 6 minutes IN TWO STINTS. Or by not having practices. Don't blame DMo, blame the p*****s league that NBA became into. Half of the roster isn't even cracking 5 minutes a game, but we still can't have practices, because guys are too tired? Or because Haren is tired we can't have a practice? because we base our game all around Haren? I thought we fired McHale for that. Yet nothing changed.
    I remember damn well how DMo struggled his first 2 seasons when he was allowed to play until first mistake. Playing him 3 minutes is not helping him at all. Either don't play him at all or play him like a NBA top 100 player that he is.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

I'll go make a thread, suggesting that Harden should go to D-league, to start shooting at NBA level again.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

So sensitive lol.