1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D: How do we feel about MLM's?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HTM, May 22, 2019.

1. HTM

HTM Member

D&D,

I've been lightly exposed to some MLM's via my work and social media and even solicited by one recently which caused me to start this thread.

I'm a rabid consumer of investigative journalism and documentaries so I've seen a few programs/reports on the topic and come to my own conclusion. Which is that these companies are morally bankrupt and evil but I was interested in talking to more folks about it and getting their world views.

Recently I was exposed to this financial services MLM "PHP Agency" which sells financial services and I'm less familiar with how that works vs a conventional MLM which sells a retail product. That caused me to want to discuss the subject more with folks.

It really seems like MLM's should be illegal or am I missing something here?

What are everyone's thoughts/experiences?

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I'm moderate and love John Oliver, best thing since Jon Stewart.

Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I have known several people who have done really well with Amway. These arrangements are not a fit for everyone and some are probably scams. But there are quite a few that are legitimate and that some people really enjoy participating in.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Hun Let me tell you about this AMAAAZING opportunity ‍♀️ Ever heard of poonique? ☝️ It's not the best makeup Lucky for us, there's UNI-K ❤ It's this AMAZING company started by Kylie Jenner ☝️ Only the best KONTOUR products and you can start your OWN KOMPANY for ONLY $1,999 ‍♀️❤ Be your own CEO of this AMAZING product! What do you say, hun? Are YOU☝️ ready for this journey? ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️

CometsWin and Nook like this.
  5. HTM

HTM Member

I know right?

It would be funnier if it wasn’t so tragic for so many and usually the most vulnerable in society.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Ponzi Scheme

Not really but it seems the way to make money in any of them is getting others to sell the product

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have some companies with that model in my industry, but I'm not intimately familiar. My impression is that it's possible to build an ethically sound MLM business model, but moral hazards abound. As a rule of thumb, I'd just steer clear out of an abundance of caution.

8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Pyramid schemes aren't inherently evil, I guess. Its when they make the "sales" people "invest" is when it becomes dirty. If I get 10 Sales People working for me in my pyramid, but they just SELL PRODUCT, and don't have to "INVEST IN THE PRODUCT TO SELL", then I guess its OK. As soon as I ask for a check from the people I'm trying to recruit I'm a dirty scam artist.

9. dmoneybangbang

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

lol.