1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well I still get worked up thinking about the Houston's Oilers in Orchard Park, NY in 1993.

tinman, FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Fair. That honestly helps me understand our mask-resenting friends. :D

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lockdown Damage
    Empirical evidence demonstrates that shutting down economies and schools brought little benefit and much harm.

https://www.city-journal.org/the-damage-of-covid-lockdowns

discussing this study:

https://www.nber.org/papers/w29928

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PURE

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

No kidding there was waste. No one had a crystal ball and people were content prioritizing life over lost money.

But now it's a double edged b****fest because the stimulus helicoptered to make up for that lost money is now the main complaint for inflation with mostly the same group of angry people...

I scanned through the pdf and no mention of hospitals being at or over capacity before lockdowns.

"Free market thinkers" love jimmying up cherry picked efficiencies with perfect hindsight and only moan about the lack of redundancies or anti-fragile systems when the other team is in power.

Slick and greasy salesmen...

TheJuice and Deckard like this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I’m not sure what that chart is clearly saying and where it comes from. Like how do they know the old vax didn’t work…5 out of 8 monkeys got sick?

I mean if that’s what he’s saying, then dump them all elsewhere (still better than sinopharm or bootleg Russian meth cocktail) and make a new seasonal batch…

Twit chartz rule!!

Btw, i read an article warning long covid is beginning to persist even among vaxxed people. I dunno whether it’s to fear/guilt you, forewarn aforementioned inefficacy over time, or just some doom msm junk news article for doom scrolling.

I don’t know if there was a true decline, but our quality of receiving good and accurate info sucks.,.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your problem is you like the government getting all up in peoples' business when it's something you don't agree with. Otherwise it's called cancel culture. What you call woko ideology is just your opinion, which is no more pertinent than anyone elses. God help your kids if they end up gay.

It's actually better to worry more about hate groups, discrimination, government meddling, suppression, bullying, and violent attacks on people or groups because of their skin color or sexual preference. Worrying about how others live if it's not affecting you in a harmful way is ridiculous.

TheJuice likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Look, you seem like a nice lady. Like everyone else, your world view has been formed by what you have seen and experienced. I commend you for wanting to be on the right side of history in terms of morals.

That said, you have no ****ing clue.

Have a nice day.

tinman likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hit the nail on the head though. You think all people should live life by your standards, even if they are law abiding citizens who aren't harming others. You see, that's where we differ. How people choose to live their lives doesn't bother me. Do I think some people are odd? Yeah, but so what. They don't bother me.

I don't have a clue about what?
    Calling people names who are against discrimination and bigotry is childish.

#13170 deb4rockets, Jun 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    Newlin and TheJuice like this.
  11. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

He's a self hating divorced Asian man who pretends to be German with a wooden leg.

For ATW, this is his world. He hates muslims, Arabs and aparently now hates anyone liberal or who disagrees with him.

He's traveled the world and is somehow one of the most bitter people I've ever met. He used to b**** about Islamic prayer because men's asses were in the air.

I really feel sorry for someone who has some how done it all but is still such a loser.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Divorced?

Also, I know who you are.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Considering they said who they were, it's not that difficult to figure out.

TheJuice likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He did state his other account name(s)?

15. B-Bob

It's... Macbeth, isn't it? :D

Or Baylorbear2009? :eek:

16. B-Bob

Thanks for this post, and I agree. I did not know masks were back in parts of Germany.

After sifting through lots of data, including some you have posted and I've followed up on (but lots of other data), I have the following sentiment:

* masks actually work surprisingly well when used correctly by people who want to wear them
    * masks mandates usually do not work well, at all, as public policy

I still disagree that any appreciable number of politicians in America would want to go the COVID policy ways of China, but maybe I'm wrong. I have no clue about Germany.

Cheers.

PS -- Mrs. B-Bob is in an improving phase, I'm very happy to share. We are going to travel in fact, taking our chances, because as you do rightly say, we will definitely all die.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

DaJuice

TheJuice likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Glueing oneself to protest chickens is not nice
    It’s lunatic woke stuff
    @Os Trigonum

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

yeap

1st statement is universal, meaning it has no dependence on anyone else. 1 way masking has been the norm in health care. Should be the norm for anyone that wants to be cautious or is sick.

2nd statement depends on society. Certainly doesn’t work in our society.

BTW, I attended jury duty in Houston last month. Masking is still required in the assembly area. At the security check in, they passed out these flimsy blue non-adjustable loose fitting masks (worse than surgical mask) and instructed that we wear them instead of our own masks. SMH.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member