1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

jk Everything will be ok if we just leave it to the market and try to prevent any government activity whatsoever to regulate the market wrt to covid19 vaccines, diagnosis, treatment, research etc. Just let for profit medicine might do its thing.

Just like the climate change hoax covid 19 is just another example of the libs trying to take away our freedom.

.One Market Under God

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I'm trying to refrain myself from going in, but it's getting tempting for at least a 10% stake. Blood in the streets, but will we see more?!?

Dow 20k is definitely ONE of the buying points, but I don't think it's THE buying point.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea that would be horrible. The admin needs to be straight with the American people... and have plan B and C for testing.

More info:
    https://bipartisanpolicy.org/person/andy-slavitt/

B-Bob likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I read that the reasons SK has drive thru and dedicated non-hospital sites for testing is to limit health care workers exposure, a critical resource for these type of crisis. Pretty basic common sense stuff.

malakas and B-Bob like this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I want to throw some money in by the weekend, but I don't know much about the stock market. Need to educate myself.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wait, didn't pence say every American could get tested? Weren't there supposed to be a million test kits by last week?

Isn't that this woman said?

7. NewRoxFan

#bebest decides its better to #besafe

Melania Trump cancels California fundraiser
    The move comes amid mounting concern about the coronavirus.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/09/melania-trump-cancels-california-fundraiser-124742

The conflict? The hazmat suites were going to be still in mar-a-lago.

Blatz likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's confusing. Not anyone that want a test can get a test. It's also not up to the doctor - it's up to the CDC at this point as far as I can tell. I think the confusing part is once you have local testing capability, then it's completely up to the DR (or state). But with that not in place yet, it's then up to the CDC and this is their general guideline below and it seems they have been sticking to it due to limited testing capability:

"Epidemiologic factors that may help guide decisions on whether to test include: any persons, including healthcare workers2, who have had close contact3 with a laboratory-confirmed4 COVID-19 patient within 14 days of symptom onset, or a history of travel from affected geographic areas5 (see below) within 14 days of symptom onset."

As for 75k people. Is that total or per day? Probably total. Better question or information would be how many people can be tested per day at this point and what's the timeline for increasing that and to what number - realistic timeline and realistic number. If that's not on a good (acceptable really) level, what's the alternative?

ps Sometime I think the fed gov strategy here is it's going to be endemic so who care about testing. I'm pretty sure that's not the CDC position but so many mixed message coming out of this admin.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

VTI might be a good place to start.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The truth is nobody knows exactly when to go in. One of the methods is to buy in lots, say 4 purchases of 25% each. If you are early in each purchase, you will have a chance to add at lower price points.

What screws the timing of this whole thing is the general election in November.

Let us remember that in the 2008 crisis, the market had at least two major (failed) rallies before the real bottom in March of 2009.

This sell off could the market of all opportunities as it was in 2008, but it takes balls to go in. I'm not even sure myself when I will first put my toes in the water.

No Worries and Amiga like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

The pence led press conferences are improving, but this seems to have been a fail...

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. justtxyank

It appears that a new decision has been made to call this "Chinese Coronavirus" by Trump and his supporters. Tucker Carlson tonight on Fox News was calling it that and then Kevin McCarthy tweeted after the segment using that same terminology.

FranchiseBlade and FrontRunner like this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

never a racist, jingoistic opportunity wasted by these scumbags.

joshuaao, Amiga, Xenon and 4 others like this.
  15. TheresTheDagger

This is a couple of days old. I don't know if it's been posted here already. I don't have the time or patience to trace back if it has so forgive me if so.

If not, this is an eye opening message about where we are headed through the end of May with Coronavirus just focusing on 2 critical areas...bed space and masks. Its written by an engineer named Liz Specht.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1236095180459003909.html

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Many of us, led by nook, did (and still doing) same thing in the Wuhan Virus thread. ;)

Nook likes this.
  17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Not one to defend this admin but the communist party in mainland China has been pushing that the virus originated here in the US. China is not and will never be our allies, so I don't have an issue with calling them out when the are clearly full of bullshit.

Nook likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Tucker is on point here. Very critical of everyone mostly trump and China.

heypartner and Andre0087 like this.
  19. justtxyank

Was actually coming back into this thread to post this.

Tucker was on point with his criticism of the people in power.

Astrodome likes this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Was that from one of their ambassador? I recall briefly seeing it recently but wasn't sure. The Russian propaganda machine is also pushing conspiracy theories that this was virus was from the American military. And we also have our own special case - one American politician in Congress directly pushing a conspiracy theory that a biolab in Wuhan started this. One thing we don't need during a pandemic is this crap.

Andre0087 likes this.