1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

No no, we don't need bigger government and more legislation...we'll keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

Wuhan is a slum??? Your hatred toward China is disgusting. Were your parents killed by PRC or what?

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

Wait for the moment that Trump announces quarantine on himself and leave the mess to Pence ..

Blatz likes this.
  4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

lol that is hilarious

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trying to decide when to jump into the market. Are we going below 20k? I'd love to get in at 20k.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

I am waiting.

I only do it as a hobby but this isn't the worst.... it will get worse and then will be a good time to jump in,

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Doug Collins is self quarantining after being in contact with the CPAC infected person. Collins was also with Trump on Friday at the CDC.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Gosh, if only were some constitutionally-provided method for the Senate to step in and remove a President who has repeatedly shown himself to be dangerous, incompetent, lawless and serially unable to discharge his duties and obligations.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah I'm just putting my free cash in my brokerage account right now and watching. I was always pissed at myself for not jumping in big time in 2008, I'm not going to miss this one.

Hakeemtheking, justtxyank and Nook like this.
  10. justtxyank

I'm an idiot and jumped in with half of my free brokerage cash on Friday lol.

Hakeemtheking and Amiga like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Meh. You can never time the exact bottom. I need to start transferring a bit more of my retirement into stocks sometime this week probably. Even if the coronavirus news keeps being bad, the uncertainty of what's to come will be decreasing with time.

The market will be like, "oh we're ****ed, but here's exactly how and here's how we monetize it!" and it'll bounce back a good bit, I would think.

Hakeemtheking and justtxyank like this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

impossible to time these things

I tap in a bit and then held off.... Im waiting for capitulation but not sure if this is it... feels like not quite yet, but close

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Said it ain’t so... and if so, plan b is ?

Why can’t we use test kits SK is using (they even have drive through testing)?

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Meanwhile... only for Seattle area though

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...-offer-home-testing-kits-for-new-coronavirus/

Testing for the novel coronavirus in the Seattle area will get a huge boost in the coming weeks as a project funded by Bill Gates and his foundation begins offering home-testing kits that will allow people who fear they may be infected to swab their noses and send the samples back for analysis.

Results, which should be available in one to two days, will be shared with local health officials who will notify those who test positive. Via online forms, infected people can answer questions about their movements and contacts, making it easier for health officials to locate others who may need to be tested or quarantined, as well as to track the virus’ spread and identify possible hot spots.

The goal is to eventually be able to process thousands of tests a day, said Scott Dowell, leader of coronavirus response at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The project is ramping up as quickly as possible, but it’s not clear exactly when it will launch, he added. Among other things, software needs to be upgraded to handle the expected crush of requests, and a detailed questionnaire finalized for people who request tests.

“Although there’s a lot to be worked out, this has enormous potential to turn the tide of the epidemic,” Dowell said.

15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I thought he already did that????

T_Man

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And apparently, gaetz was on AF1 today...

#996 NewRoxFan, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    RayRay10 and Newlin like this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

“He wants Justice to open investigations of the media for market manipulation,” a source close to the White House told me. ​

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

who is "Andy Slavitt"?

I hate random twitter posts (no offense). Maybe he is a reputable reporter or public health policy person.

But yes, 8 weeks, at the current rate of infection, could mean a factor of 10,000 increase in cases. ... That's factor.
    That's a horrifying idea.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  19. justtxyank

RayRay10, Amiga and NewRoxFan like this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

turning point will when people can fly again which may not be until the vaccine