1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

As usual, any opportunity to spread false information in support of their political position...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

MSNBC so take with appropriate grains of salt. This is though is from the CEO of Houston Methodist and according to him their early vaccine mandate worked well. Even though they fired 150 employees they retained nearly all of their employees and having their staff vaccinated helped them to get through the Delta surge of this summer.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I had a family member get upset with me because I refused to go to another family members birthday party… they were like “but you’re vaccinated”… yes but I also have this thing called cancer that complicates things dumb dumb.

I told everyone I’m only going to thanksgiving if the nonvaxxed people get tests.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Our country can be so incredibly dumb now. I wish I could play no-limit poker with some of these people who think effective means 100%. I could retire in three days and hundreds of choads would have to sell their FOX-locked TVs and laptops.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Possum

Possum Member

BS this is a fully tested drug that’s been around for decades. It’s been on the WHOs list of essential medicines for years. They already knew it had bad side affects in high doses. This was nothing but a hit piece for the gullible.

7. Possum

Possum Member

Parents are. Just not noticeable in your tiny little bubble.

8. Possum

Possum Member

They knew exactly what was going to happen. It’s the outcome they wanted. It fits their narrative.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What narrative? Who's narrative?

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Please cite some links for all these parents going to major news sources and saying how bad off their kids were after receiving the vaccine. I haven't found any instances of death in the 9,000,000+ that were reported to have received the vaccine in the US as per a late August report. A small percentage have been diagnosed with myocarditis, but it looks like a lot of those are short lived symptoms.

So... since you apparently have much more knowledge than us, please share your findings.

PeppermintCandy likes this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I wish I could be so ignorant to how the world works like you. I’d likely be happier.

Commodore likes this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What's your point? He should be punished according to whatever the penalty is.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

@tallanvor Because IVM was shown to help with covid virus in lab test, but it requires a very high dose that would be deadly. I'm guessing this study try to see if a higher dose does help without too much of the side effects.

Actually, it said it right there in the abstract (below). And the study shows this particular higher dose was safe but was not effective. To be clear, safe here does include mild to moderate side effects: "However, a high proportion of dropouts, albeit for mild or moderate side effects, was observed in the high-dose treatment arm." The side effects include "Photophobia, Photopsia, Vision blurred, Visual impairment, Vitreous floaters"

This gel with the overdose reports about people visiting ER with vision and other problems for taking the animal (higher dose) form.

Abstract
    Background: High concentrations of ivermectin demonstrated antiviral activity against SARS-CoV-2 in vitro. Aim of this study was to assess safety and efficacy of high-dose ivermectin in reducing viral load in individuals with initial SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Interpretation: High- dose ivermectin demonstrated safe, but did not prove efficacy to reduce viral load.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My gosh... to implement horrific rules like this to garner attention to your bizarre political beliefs...

Amiga and B-Bob like this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

they have to quarantine according to politicians

17. Possum

Possum Member

Why would ivermectin’s original patent holder go out of its way to question this medicine by creating the impression that it might not be safe? There are at least two plausible reasons. First, ivermectin is no longer under patent, so Merck does not profit from it anymore. That likely explains why Merck declined to “conduct clinical trials” on ivermectin and COVID-19 when given the chance. Second, Merck has a significant financial interest in the medical profession rejecting ivermectin as an early treatment for COVID-19.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Maybe because it’s being used in an unsafe manner by too many people with bad information, and that gives the drug a bad name which can hurt their financial interests down the line.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Since when did you look up to him as a role model?

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member