1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

as opposed to Donnie, who repeatedly said things that were false the moment the words left his lips, and continues to do so? Want a reminder of his greatest hits or is that just fake news?

mdrowe00 and adoo like this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Did you bother listening to the clip or just go based on Acosta's poorly worded tweet?

Here is the transcript

And you know, we are hearing a lot of talk about possible booster shots for people. Moderna announced they are making one available for the fall. Pfizer also said people may need

[00:05:43]

a third vaccine dose within 12 months. I mean, this is causing a lot of concern, I suppose, with some people. Obviously, people are talking about it. How likely is it that we will need to line up for booster shots? What happens if people don't get them? >> Okay. One of the things that I noticed there has been some confusion about, Jim, that I would like to clarify. That when you talk about the need of a third shot in the two-shot regimen, you are not

[00:06:14]

talking about efficacy. Because right now -- I mean, right away, 14 days after your second dose, you have a very, very effective vaccine. And you are highly, highly protected. The third shot, or the additional boost, is referring to the durability of that protection, how long it lasts. You shouldn't make it a reflection of whether or not the vaccine that you already took is effective or not. It's highly effective.

[00:06:44]

We are trying to figure out how long that durability protection lasts. We know it goes out at least six months, and likely considerably longer. But we don't know exactly how long. So what the companies are doing, appropriately, and the nih is working with them to develop that information to find out if you get to a point where the durability of the protection starts to go down a bit and go lower and lower. You may need a boost to keep it up within that highly protective

[00:07:16]

range. >> Would it be one shot or two shots? >> You know, Jim, we don't know. I mean, likely, it will be a shot, and it might be one that you will need periodically, similar to what we do with influenza. We don't know that, but you want to be prepared for it. And that's exactly what we are doing. So we don't want the public to get any consternation about what does this mean? It means that we are staying prepared. Unless the durability starts to

[00:07:46]

go down, we want to be prepared to keep it up at a level that's highly protective. >> We have to learn that as we go, obviously.

TheFreak, Nook, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Why don't more "trained medical professionals" push for healthy lifestyles.
    It's unrealistic. U think doctors/pharmacist/health professionals dont attempt to tell their patients to have a more healthy lifestyle? Try telling an alcoholic to stop drinking, or tell an smoker to stop smoking. it's incredibly hard for these folks to break bad habit. Hell we have health professionals simply tell folks like u to wear a fking mask during a pandemic and u pull the my body my choice bs.

Add the the 9-5 lifestyle. not everyone is willing to drag their ass to the gym, much less eat healthy.
    Honestly don't blame the health professionals, that's the problem with folks like u always blaming others never yourself.

4. Gioan Baotixita

When Google is your source than you have no credibility.

5. Gioan Baotixita

Why do I need to respond to you when you think I'm that general guy? Let him respond to you. LOL

IBTL likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

You might want to google “what is a search engine” .

Nook likes this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

When is google my source? I’m telling you you’re too uninformed/stupid to verify something that can be verified on PEER reviewed articles from a google search

idiocy can kill, your right to do so

Nook and adoo like this.
  8. cdastros

cdastros Member

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

love it when non-practicing eye doctors grand stand about their deep appreciation for science and history.

Nook, ElPigto, mdrowe00 and 4 others like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

LOL. Rand Paul = GOAT = Science

You are comically full of bullsh!t, but please don't ever change.

NewRoxFan, No Worries and Commodore like this.
  12. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Alright @Gioan Baotixita, Don’t hide behind my reference to the general, I’m now directing this right at you.

13. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Pasadena has no mandate. The majority of kids wear their masks anyway. I keep up with the number of infections around the district, nothing of note for a long while. As of today, 1 campus with 6 active cases. Most are below 3. My school is at 0. Maybe Pasadena is an outlier.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Don't attack Fattys friends like that.

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Hospital staff, hailed as heroes in 2020, confronted with disbelief, rage, even violence as COVID pandemic wears on

Hospital staff, hailed as heroes in 2020, confronted with disbelief, rage, even violence as COVID pandemic wears on - MarketWatch

“A year ago, we’re healthcare heroes and everybody’s clapping for us,” said Dr. Stu Coffman, a Dallas-based emergency-room physician. “And now we’re being in some areas harassed and disbelieved and ridiculed for what we’re trying to do, which is just depressing and frustrating.”

Cox Medical Center Branson in Missouri started giving panic buttons to up to 400 nurses and other employees after assaults per year tripled between 2019 and 2020 to 123, a spokeswoman said. One nurse had to get her shoulder X-rayed after an attack.

Some hospitals have limited the number of public entrances. In Idaho, nurses said they are scared to go to the grocery store unless they have changed out of their scrubs so they aren’t accosted by angry residents.

Doctors and nurses at a Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, hospital have been accused of killing patients by grieving family members who don’t believe COVID-19 is real, said hospital spokeswoman Caiti Bobbitt. Others have been the subject of hurtful rumors spread by people angry about the pandemic.

“Our healthcare workers are almost feeling like Vietnam veterans, scared to go into the community after a shift,” Bobbitt said.

A Hospital Gives Its Staff Panic Buttons After Assaults By Patients Triple

A Hospital Gives Its Staff Panic Buttons After Assaults By Patients Triple | Nevada Public Radio (knpr.org)

Nurses and other staff at a hospital in Missouri have experienced such a surge in assaults from patients that they will have a panic button system installed on their badges allowing them to alert hospital security more easily if they are in danger.

Between 2019 and 2020, assaults by patients tripled at the Cox Medical Center in Branson, Mo. Last year, 123 attacks against hospital staff were reported — up from 40 in 2019. Injuries related to the assaults jumped from 17 to 78 during the same period.

During the pandemic, patients have been frustrated because they've had to wait longer to be seen and visitors have been upset they can't see their loved ones, Clifton said.

Nook, B-Bob, No Worries and 1 other person like this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Almost as bad as foot drs.

@Gioan Baotixita

No Worries likes this.
  17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

What the **** is wrong with these people? I hope that they get their asses thrown in jail.

18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I suspect that the majority of the people who were clapping for healthcare workers a year ago aren't the same people attacking healthcare workers today.

Nook likes this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My coworker almost broke down in tears when she said she doesn't want to get Covid again.
    They probably asked their patients if they're vaccinated. That usually pisses them off. Had a patient thats a teacher describe every chest symptoms to me but never told me she was covid positive 5 days ago.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member