1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

My step brother who is aTrump voter and is a RN nurse traveling in and around central Texas working from San Antonio to Waco to Bellville and a few places in between. Has told me several times to be careful and not get into a accident or sick along with my son. Because there is no room anywhere. He is not the scare tactic type person.

Anyways everyone here continue on with your party aligned talking points.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

NO ROOM: Austin-area ICUs totally full despite drop in COVID-19 cases

[​IMG]

A R.N. holds the hand of a COVID-19 patient in the Medical Intensive care unit (MICU) at St. Luke’s Boise Medical Center in Boise, Idaho on Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2021. More then half of the patients in the ICU are COVID-19 positive, none of which are vaccinated. (AP Photo/Kyle Green)

by: Russell Falcon

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 / 02:27 PM CDT / Updated: Sep 20, 2021 / 02:41 PM CDT

AUSTIN (KXAN) — While overall hospitalizations for COVID-19 are declining in the Austin-Travis County area, local ICUs are still struggling to keep up. “… We are not past this surge yet,” the City of Austin and Travis County warned in a joint statement Monday. Health officials explain that despite an encouraging downward trend in cases, hospital ICU capacities are completely full.

The current surge is different than previous ones, officials say, since all acute care hospitals were already nearly full with non-COVID-19 patients when it began. Since July, Austin-Travis county has had over 3,500 COVID-19 in-patients — 1,000 of them required ICU care.

Health officials explain:

“The vast majority of these COVID patients are on ventilators, and approximately 90% of them are unvaccinated. Generally, patients who have been hospitalized during this surge are sicker and staying in the hospital longer.”

- AUSTIN-TRAVIS COUNTY HEALTH OFFICIALS

Due to the overcrowding, Austin-Travis County says many patients from regional and rural hospitals that depend on Austin-area hospitals for complex care have not been able to be transferred.

Those who are hospitalized are also dying at higher rates than during previous surges, officials report. And only a third of hospitalized patients are over the age of 65.

Austin-Travis County health leaders urge all residents to get vaccinated, continue masking, and social distancing.

“The capacity challenges are impacting all of the hospitals across the Central Texas region. We want to continue to provide lifesaving care for patients who have a heart attack, a stroke, or are injured in a car wreck… Please do your part to cut down on the number of COVID cases in our community, and help us care for you.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sounds like a compliment for you to think what I wrote is noble. Thanks?

It's an observation on jackasses who are rolling the dice and dragging people around them down while thinking their consequences are all "their own".

If you took the vaccine...congratulations?

People with the agency and choice to vax without obvious risk but don't are not freedom fighters. They are short sighted fools who run the daily risk of eventually dying from their own spit.

Without family.

Alone.

I don't wish that **** on anyone, and I'm not going to pretend their original spiteful decisions led to some heroic or a respectful way to go.

Deckard, FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's just a flu.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

it will be over by easter

Amiga, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

And then come back after 7 days?

subtomic and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

it's a democrat hoax

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

so by analogy, you’re fine w mandate for school age kids? I doubt it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

he never said easter of what year tho!

Amiga, IBTL and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

IBTL likes this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

* whispers into the mic *

get the vaccine

B-Bob likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

As for the Rise family, Natalie's death has upended the family. Daryl has given up his job as a truck driver to help care for the 10-year-old twins his sister left behind, he said.
    His and Natalie's mother, who is still recovering from Covid-19, remains on the fence about being vaccinated, he said.
    But Daryl got his first shot the day after his sister died.
    "It was the hardest decision of my life, you know, am I doing right by God? Am I doing right by Natalie?" he said. "And I got it out of fear."

smh…

How could u still possibly be on the fence? I don’t understand this level of nonsense.

ElPigto, Andre0087 and IBTL like this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Stubbornness.
    Trump lost almost a year ago and yet they cant move past it.
    Intensive care unit is now unvaccinated unit. Think about that!!

It's some weird win/loss thing that doing so would be admitting defeat.
    My wife's sister didn't get it and is still talking about pelosi.
    They are so devout to it even though trump got the vaccine. It's become some weird (very strange) protest of trump losing.
    My wife's other sister didn't get it either and is saying something about mark of the beast and relating the vaccine to 666. I'm not sure how there is a connection but it's also weird and also rooted in a protest of trump losing.

Trump is a loser and so are these people. I wish trump had tried to not make it an issue and double down on it as democrat hoax and just attack it medically. Trump would have won the election!!

If trump had - they would have bought in and it wouldn't be some weird admittance of being a loser who supports losers who lost long ago AND got the vaccine! What a joke!

Reeko likes this.
  16. SuraGotMadHops

This is a such a popular but ignorant take. Almost every republican I know is vaxed, and I roll with a lot of them. Anti-vaccine MANDATE is being confused as anti-vax. It's not the same. Remember, the original anti-vaxers are granola hippie libs. The Covid vaccine is here BECAUSE of Trump (nobody remembers Operation Warp Speed I guess). I also remember that hoebag Kamala Harris saying she would never take a vaccine if Trump was behind it.

I couldn't care less if someone is vaxed or not. I took my shot and have my protection. My life has moved forward. I see no point in fretting in what others are doing. Some people just like feeling they are superior I guess. Live and let live (or die).

The politics that surround this virus, and the vaccine, is just disgusting on all sides. I am over it.

The Real Shady likes this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Whew. Good thing our species has four young versions of that genotype!

Reeko and Andre0087 like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

gloating is not a good look

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

This is true. Every republican I know is also vaxxed.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The depths that carlson and his retrumplicans antivaxxers will stoop...