1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Further in the article it looks like they do more of an analysis using different methods that just relying upon states to report breakthrough infections. They do still say that more information is needed.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/08/10/us/covid-breakthrough-infections-vaccines.html

Assessing breakthrough rates
    Some epidemiologists and state health officials instead recommend comparing how likely a vaccinated person was to be hospitalized or to die, compared with an unvaccinated person.

To do this, the Times used the number of breakthroughs and the vaccination rate over time to estimate rates of hospitalizations and deaths for each group in every state for which data was available.

In those states, people who were not fully vaccinated were hospitalized with Covid-19 at least five times more often than fully vaccinated people, according to the analysis, and they died at least eight times more often.

How Rates of New Covid-19 Hospital Admissions and Deaths Compare
    Among fully vaccinated people and among people who were not fully vaccinated in each state since vaccination began.
    HOSPITALIZATION RATE PER 100,000 DEATH RATE PER 100,000
    STATE
    FOR VACCINATED PEOPLE FOR UNVACCINATED PEOPLE FOR VACCINATED PEOPLE FOR UNVACCINATED PEOPLE
    Alabama 9 696 75x higher for unvaccinated people 3 124 48x higher for unvaccinated people
    Alaska 9 154 17x 1 11 10x
    Arizona 27 1,306 47x 2 182 73x
    California 9 647 68x 1 58 58x
    Colorado 24 567 22x 4 37 8x
    Delaware 7 978 148x 2 26 14x
    Georgia 5 735 161x 1 99 87x
    Idaho 11 288 25x 2 30 16x
    Illinois 20 1,001 48x 5 68 11x
    Indiana 9 547 57x 4 29 7x

T_Man likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Daily deaths will continue to climb into next month, but daily cases might have already peaked. I’m hoping that by October new cases will drop quite a bit. But I’m wondering if case counts for vaccinated people will start climbing as effectiveness of initial dose steadily decreases, and how does that effect the tail of this wave.

#7942 durvasa, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    Haymitch and B-Bob like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bet that horse is a mouthbreathin Con. No mask and no respect for the 6ft rule!

Don't they teach them any manners anymore?!?

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. Invisible Fan

TheFreak, London'sBurning and B-Bob like this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

One of my buddy's lost his brother yesterday. His brother lived in Tennessee and was brainwashed by all the vaccine naysayers. Now his wife with newborn child will be fatherless. His liver and lungs failed in the hospital. My buddy is so angry and I'm angry for him.

B-Bob, Amiga and Invisible Fan like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

republicans gotta republican...

B-Bob and Ziggy like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

F**k all you damn anti-mask anti-vaccine selfish jerks. This spread is because of you as*holes and your selfish stupidity. You die hard cult following Republicans and selfish/stupid other fools are the reason this country has so many dying of Covid again.

Now the EU is banning non-essential travel from US Citizens again. This pisses me off! I planned on going there in November. You stupid "freedom fighting fools" are doing the opposite of ensuring freedom. We are NOT free to leave this country now because we have so many unvaccinated maskless reckless idiots going around spreading Covid without a care I'm the world except themselves. Sturgis is a fine example.

Invisible Fan and ElPigto like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

A Butler County judge ruled in favor of a woman last week who sought to force a hospital to administer Ivermectin — an animal dewormer that federal regulators have warned against using in COVID-19 patients — to her husband after several weeks in the ICU with the disease.

Butler County Common Pleas Judge Gregory Howard ordered West Chester Hospital, part of the University of Cincinnati network, to treat Jeffrey Smith, 51, with Ivermectin. The order, filed Aug. 23, compels the hospital to provide Smith with 30mg of Ivermectin daily for three weeks.

Julie Smith filed the lawsuit on behalf of her husband of 24 years. He tested positive for COVID-19 July 9, was hospitalized and admitted to the ICU July 15, and was sedated and intubated and placed on a ventilator Aug. 1. He later developed a secondary infection he’s still wrestling with as of Aug. 23, court records say.

The lawsuit doesn’t mention whether Jeffrey Smith is vaccinated against COVID-19. However, overwhelming majorities of people currently hospitalized with COVID-19 are unvaccinated — data from the Ohio Department of Health shows of roughly 21,000 Ohioans hospitalized with COVID-19 since Jan. 1, only about 500 were vaccinated.

Julie Smith found Ivermectin on her own and connected with Dr. Fred Wagshul, an Ohio physician who her lawsuit identifies as “one of the foremost experts on using Ivermectin in treating COVID-19.” He prescribed the drug, and the hospital refused to administer it.

A hospital spokeswoman said she can’t comment on litigation and federal patient privacy laws prevent her from commenting on any specifics of patient care.

Smith is represented by New York attorney Ralph Lorigo, the chairman of New York’s Erie County Conservative Party, who has successfully filed one similar case against a Chicago area hospital and two more in Buffalo. He did not respond to an email or phone call.

The Ohio lawsuit makes reference to the Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance, a nonprofit of which Wagshul is listed as a founding physician. The organization touts Ivermectin as both a preventative and treatment for COVID-19. Its “How To Get Ivermectin” section includes prices and locations of pharmacies that will supply it, from Afghanistan to Fort Lauderdale to Pennsylvania to Sao Paulo, Brazil.

In an interview, Wagshul said the science behind Ivermectin’s use in COVID-19 patients is “irrefutable.” The CDC and FDA engaged in a “conspiracy,” he said, to block its use to protect the FDA’s emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccines. He said the mainstream media and social media companies have been engaging in “censorship” on Ivermectin’s merits, and that the U.S. government’s refusal to acknowledge its benefits amounts to genocide.

“If we were a country looking at another country allowing those [COVID-19] deaths daily … we would have been screaming, ‘Genocide!’” he said.

Wagshul said he had no financial interest in the sale of Ivermectin.

Dr. Leanne Chrisman-Khawam, a physician and professor at the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, called the FLCCCA “snake oil salesmen.” She reviewed the association’s research on the drug’s uses and said there are some serious problems with its cited studies: many of them don’t show positive results, and those that do bear design flaws like small control groups, unaccounted for variables, non-blinded studies, not accounting for mitigations like vaccines and masking practices, and others.

“Based on evidence-based medicine and my read on this large number of small studies, I would find this very suspect, even the positive outcomes,” she said.

Several state authorities declined to comment on the matter. Cameron McNamee, a spokesman for the state Board of Pharmacy, referred inquiries to the state Medical Board, the attorney general, and the Ohio Hospital Association.

A spokesman for the state Medical Board, which licenses physicians, said its jurisdiction is over the practice of doctors and how they uphold standards of care — not lawsuits.

A spokeswoman for Attorney General Dave Yost declined comment and referred inquiries to the Board of Pharmacy and Veterinary Board.

An Ohio Hospital Association spokesman called the lawsuit “interesting” but said he’d need to confer with his legal team before commenting.

It’s unclear why the hospital didn’t mount any defense under a new law passed in the state budget this summer that grants health care providers the “freedom to decline to perform” any service which violates their “conscience,” as informed by moral, ethical or religious beliefs.

No attorney information for West Chester Hospital was available on the court docket as of Friday afternoon.

B-Bob and Gioan Baotixita like this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

J.R. likes this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Kinda annoyed right now because i had a dream trip to England to watch 2 EPL games later this month blown up because 2 of the 4 in our group are unvaccinated and don't plan to. We were just going to be there for 4 or 5 days so having to quarantine for 10 days upon their arrival doesn't exactly fit in to the plan.

I also realize that traveling there probably isn't the best idea right now either but it was too good an opportunity to pass up.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

People that refuse to be vaccinated shouldn’t be treated. Sorry not sorry. I’m battling cancer and can’t safely go to an ER because of your stupidity. Go die on the street with your horse dewormer. I actually live in the boonies and can take you to a feed store if you’re also too stupid to know where to buy it.

17. Invisible Fan

I really feel for you and others in the same situation. It's was exactly this reason lockdowns happened last year, but it's become so "inconvenient" or "job killing" these yuckleheads pretend they forgot the reason and ramble on about their own freedoms.

It's not even lockdowns but a couple shots... Again these yuckleheads change goalposts and ramble on whatever bullshit until they finally ****ing learn

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

Another republican being republican...

19. NewRoxFan

So basically, the quack, I mean chiropractor, running as a republican, found some spurious data, and misused to support the retrumplican position.

20. Gioan Baotixita

It is pretty cut and dry at this time that our corrupt government is not looking out for your health and well being. I am amazed at you co called liberals in here that are willingly to go along with this abomination.