1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Republicans making life and death a wedge issue in order to further divide. Despicable human beings, this is a cult.

cheke64, dobro1229, Xenon and 4 others like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

And the tie into to sports... NFL players stating they won't get the vaccinations (and trumpsters jumping in to defend them).

4. NewRoxFan

The backstory. The NFL announced that teams that have players with COVID-19 will have to forfeit if they can't play on the scheduled date/time. Last year teams were able to move their games around, but this year the NFL is not allowing that. The thinking is that this will encourage teams to encourage their players to get vaccinated.

Some players (eg Hopkins) already saying they won't take the shot. I am sure the Arizona cardinals PR team is in melt down right now...

5. SuraGotMadHops

Whoopsies. I'm sure the NFL expected Cole Beasley to have an issue with it, but a high profile, black, popular superstar??

6. NewRoxFan

Shocking... a trump supporter bringing up race in a discussion about whether NFL players should get vaccinated.

7. SuraGotMadHops

This is what I'm talking about, and that's what makes this so entertaining. Folks like you are generalizers. To people like you, anybody who does not want to get vaxed is of a certain specific demo (usually painted as white, ignorant Trumpsters). The race issue is made by those that think this way. The point here is that there are people of all backgrounds, races, leftys, righties, rich, poor, athletes, blue collar, white collar, and everything else that have their own personal reasons for not getting the vaccine, and its not because they are brainwashed conservatives, and those reasons have nothing to do with politics.

What Hopkins is doing now blows up this generalization, and now you are throwing fits. Believe it not, there are tons of conservatives and "Trumpsters" who are vaxxed. But you know what, those same conservatives have something you do not....RESPECT for others to get to decide whether they want to get vaccinated or not, without shaming them, calling them brainwashed, or selfish.

8. NewRoxFan

You brought up Hopkins' race.

And there are all sorts of idiots resisting getting the vaccination. Meanwhile, cases, hospitalizations, deaths are all going back up. Hope you find that entertaining.

[​IMG]

rockbox likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopkins is an ignorant fool. I could care less if any of those ignorant fools who still refuse to get vaccinated play. They can be selfish at home, but in a game of close contact they need to think about others.

DVauthrin likes this.
  10. SuraGotMadHops

You just don't get, and you have proven my point. You have zero respect for other people's decisions in making their own choices regarding getting vaxed. For the record, I am vaxed. If someone chooses not to get it. I respect that. They made their own decision, I made mine. They assumed their own risks not getting it, I assumed my own risks, whatever they may or may not be, getting it.

You have no concept that people may consider things just as hard as you do, but come up on the other side of an issue than you. That doesn't make them an idiot. It's called differences.

JumpMan likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Making decisions fed by misinformation (delivered by fox news, oann, talk radio, and facebook). And in the process, hindering the rest of the country overcoming the pandemic. Idiots. Worse than idiots, idiots risking the lives of others.

cheke64 and Invisible Fan like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

As I said... idiots.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think Hopkins is just as much of a moron as Djokovic and my parents.

ThatBoyNick and NewRoxFan like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Almost four months into public vaccines and still people are worried about **** they don't know what they're talking about.

I know there are legit reasons not to get a vaccine, like if you're immuno compromised, but this is more than pretending you got gluten reactions after not being diagnosed Celiac disease.

It's a lie people will take to their graves I suppose

15. NewRoxFan

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

People don’t have a right to life. That’s communism.

No Worries and ThatBoyNick like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure when a strain comes that is vaccine resistant, these morons will claim some kind of victory in order to validate their own fecklessness.

superfob and Ubiquitin like this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea, they have the personal choice and freedom to make that decision. I can respect that. With covid vaccines free and widely available, that decision also should have consequences. Society shouldn't be paying for their decision.

They should pay for higher health insurance premiums instead of society as a whole. They should pay a freedom-value tax equal to the value of economic impact caused by them as a whole instead of society. Their kids should not be allowed to attend schools and activities with other kids with vaccinated families to reduce risk to all kids that cannot be vaccinated yet. Kids that parents choose to not get vaccinated should not be able to attend public school. They should not be allowed into public areas such as sports arenas, churches, and other indoor activities. And so on. Of course, there are exceptions for those that cannot be vaccinated due to medical condition.

Freedom of choice doesn't mean you get to ride free of the consequences that choice put on everyone else.

No Worries, TheFreak and Ubiquitin like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Choosing not to get a vaccine, unless they have a legitimate medical reason for it, is both foolish and selfish. Regardless of race or party affiliation.

I would “respect” the choice if it only affected them. But it doesn’t.