1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Autonomy is a thing, it’s really your choice…but vaccines blur it as it becomes a public health concern. I’m not saying it’s my view, but if you were to ask Darwin it’s an example of natural selection to shun vaccines and pay the consequences.
    My heart goes out, as it may ge due to misinformation or ignorance e

Deckard likes this.
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After rereading this I realize it’s the same partisan crap I am upset about.

I am taking a break from the BBS and social media before the anti vax folks drive me bonkers. Pray we do not have any more waves.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If you are vaccinated, you should be fine against the Delta variant.

"According to Israeli data published in March, two weeks after the vaccine was given, it had 99 percent efficacy in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 and 91.2 percent in preventing infection.

The ministry added that the vaccine is 93 percent effective in preventing hospitalizations and severe symptoms."

And according to the CDC, 99.5% of covid death in the last 6M are among those not vaccinated.

The problem is what's the next variant. And while we have a significant unvaccinated population here, the next deadlier version likely won't be from the US but from nations that haven't been able to vaccinate their population.

As for the US, I gave up on herd immunity while being extremely relieved that we have such strong protection from Covid vaccines. Imagine if we are at 50% effectiveness against serious illness instead of 90%... Anyhow, while I still hope we can get to herd immunity, it wasn't so unexpected that we will have a hard time getting there given the trend of antivax over the last decade. Add to that the speed of Covid vaccines using the new mRNA method (vaccination hesitancy) and Trump and co doing a great service for Covid and viola... almost a perfect storm.

#6703 Amiga, Jul 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I mean, to have a sunnier outlook about this: imagine that we could have the Oklahoma variant, or the Monster Truck variant, or the Cut and Shoot variant... that brings the human world to its knees.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

… and Liberals to tears.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Once kids go back to school, there will be a huge outbreak. My hope that there will be limited hospitalizations because kids aren't impacted as much as adults and most adults are vaccinated. Herd immunity will probably happen one way or the other by winter.

JeffB and B-Bob like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Lots of people have some form of this virus you mention. Now, if you have common sense, and you actually read books without (many) pictures in them, BUT you suddenly believe despite every molecule in your body screaming otherwise that Antifa attacked Washington DC on January 6th and that Donald Trump is a good and honest man because he will save us from the seething horde of Spanish speaking zombies climbing some section of the new 1000-mile southern border wall (!) like the scene from "World War Z"....well, you picked up the Monster Truck variant.

#6709 ROXTXIA, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    JeffB and B-Bob like this.
  10. ROXTXIA

You.
    Don't.
    Say.

(Sigh) Isn't the Lord supposed to keep people from getting sick?

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You can “thank” Abbott for that.

13. ROXTXIA

I'm still thankful for his lack of oversight and regulation putting me in my pickup truck sitting in the parking lot, engine and heat running, so I didn't get sick or die. And chasing friends and family in town who had electricity (this one goes out, move on to the next) and running water (no bath for three days).

But I'll thank him for the 'rona stuff, too!

Deckard and mikol13 like this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

sinners don't count

15. ROXTXIA

I knew I should have become a Jehovah's Witness.

Note: I am not mocking God, I am mocking those who twist God about to fit their needs.

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I mock God all the time. You'd have to have a dark sense of humor to really exist and not intervene with some of the **** shows that continue to go on in this world. If God is good with sex trafficking and genocide at various points of human history with zero intervention, I think God can take a joke at It's own expense. At least I hope, otherwise God's focus on priorities that matter is a bit off kilt in my opinion, and why bother worshiping a creator who takes greater offense to jokes than injustices that lead to massive loss of life or abuse of life that could have been prevented with some good old divine intervention.

[​IMG]

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

"outreach" you stupid or something??

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

And take your guns. You better go hide them.