1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That kind of propaganda is so Nazi like.

DVauthrin and B-Bob like this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

More performance art ...

Marjorie Taylor Greene: We Need To Stop The Vaccines!

Greene is clearly not the sharpest tool in the GOP shed. On Steve Bannon's The War Room show, she refused to say who she’d like to see replace Rep. Liz Cheney for House Republican Conference chair. Then she segued into a completely unrelated, QAnon-fueled rant about vaccinations.

“Small Businesses are failing. Our border is being invaded,” she began. “We have, you know, we're sending all this money overseas for more people to invade us.” So far, the usual right-wing extremism.

But then she went full QAnon:

"We need to care about the real issues that matter,” Taylor Greene continued. “We need to stop the masks, stop the vaccines and stop COVID-19 from controlling our lives."

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

this is the type of people that ran the executive branch during the pandemic under MAGA

crazy garbage in crazy garbage out

DVauthrin and deb4rockets like this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

All those that are making up excuses to not wear masks... well, hopefully y'all got your vaccinations.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

Funny idea of what constitutes "freedom"... but whatever floats their boats...

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Fauci's reign of terror coming to an end.

CDC recommending what red states have been doing for many months.

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yes, I know everyone in red state have been vaccinated. We will see what happens.

9. NewRoxFan

Hmm, CDC is referring to fully vaccinated people. Texas is only 33% fully vaccinated and 43rd in total vaccinations, Florida is 44% vaccinated and 38th. Or were you referring to other red states?

Zboy, DVauthrin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Epidemic statistics change (e.g. positivity and vaccination rates) and policies change. We should all embrace policies that adjust to truth.

Binary thinking is literally dangerous and contributed to our enormous death toll in this country.

EDIT: I'd urge caution using "reign of terror" hyperbolically. May you and I never live to see a Mao or Franco or Stalin and a real reign of terror. Nevermind a mild-mannered public health expert who wants to, you know, keep people from getting sick and dying.

#6550 B-Bob, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Nay. The master plan worked. At least 60% of the population has been chipped. This is just the start.

The red states are ahead of the curve and smart with low chipped rate.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

no, policy are black and white and is stuck in stone

Ps. what these idiots fail to even realize was there has been a call from many non-politician (many that the right would consider the dangerous left) to broadcast a message that incentive vaccination (you get to go back to normal once vaccinated) for months now.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the mild-mannered do-gooders are often the most dangerous

14. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

No Worries likes this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This new guidance will probably just embolden unvaccinated people to act more irresponsibly, rather than incentivize them to get a vaccine.

Requiring masks in indoor public settings still seems rational to me, until a sufficient percentage of people have been fully vaccinated. Don’t think we’re there yet.

DVauthrin likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Fauci attempting to save the old white folks from dying of covid. The Republicans probably lost quite a few voters.

Do you think the mostly Republican-controlled swing states like Florida, Texas, Arizona, Georgia etc. could institute something like this to be able to vote? Perhaps if you are too dark you just have to have an ID, but do not completely turn them away. Also if you are not too dark you don't need an ID at all. So that leaves people like Mexican Americans that are more Spanish you're cool. I still think though if someone is black and albino you should need an ID if that makes sense.

I just hope they figure it out. The Republicans just simply can not appeal to most non-white voters or refuse to try to.

[​IMG]

Biden supporters

[​IMG]

ps I bet it feels great to be under that big tent with Republicans with the racists, anti-gay, anti-legalization/decriminalization folks. history will look very kindly at the party and people like Trump/David Duke... A class people

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

that makes sense when vaccines were in short supply and not everyone that wanted one can get one

now that anyone wanted a vaccine can get one (yes, there are still some ppl that can't be vaccinated not by choice but due to medical reasons), we no longer need to protect the people that wanted a vaccine but can't get one due to shortage

durvasa likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While I welcome this news as someone who's vaccinated but you I think this is a legitimate fear.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah people can lie about their vaccinations then go maskless indoors but at some point you got to be responsible for yourself.

I wouldn't venture into public indoor places without a vaccination that's for sure. Masking isn't bulletproof when you're around lying mouth breathers

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I still can't wrap my head around the people in Maine who thought they were being smart by voting for Collins/Biden. I mean, what an embarrassing dork. Lisyen Dianne Feinstein is embarrassing too, buy at least she's senile and not a tool of the Authoritarian/white nationalist takeover party

It takes a certain kind of arrogance in your own ignorance to think you've divined the system and figured that Mitch McConnell and the inherent rot of the Republican/Insurrectionist party will somehow combine with good faith attempts at competent governance to form some sort of moderate Voltron.

It doesn't work that way.

FranchiseBlade and subtomic like this.