1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is just another Qanon PuPu platter of conspiracy theories dressed up to sound like a TED talk.

The guy jumps from Trump assassination attempts, to Covid, to the ridiculous 5G conspiracy theory (which he conveniently gives credit to the affects of climate change) in like 20 seconds without any connection whatsoever other than typical youtube conspiracy theory video narrative style with spooky images, and "concerned" music behind it.

You are a conspiracy theory nut obviously. That's fine... people love that stuff. When I was younger I used to watch some on 9/11, and seen a bunch before on stuff like the faked Moon Landing, etc. so I get it... It's entertainment just like watching Ancient Aliens is entertainment, and watching Ghost Hunter shows are entertainment. Only in this case, the narrative of the QAnon videos and videos like this guy has a political propaganda narrative that Trump is the hero. That's where this crosses the line from Fake Moon Landing youtube video to pure Propaganda.

However... that point aside.... what is the evidence you have with any of this related to the topic, and what the F is your point?

#5981 dobro1229, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Ubiquitin likes this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow! You just named all of the stuff I dont like. Ghosts, aliens etc. is nonsense. I dont even know what Qanon is. I thought it had something to do with a copying machine. I dont pay attention to the president crap. That's not why I used the videos so ignore that part.
    Anyway the videos say enough. I'll leave you guys to it. I understand.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Ha, the Dr. Buttar that sell a cream to treat autism and uses hydrogen peroxide to treat cancer. He a whacky conspiracy theorist that like to make money off a miracle cream. This is the guy you should trust.

joshuaao likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Never heard of the cream. Did it work?
    The peroxide treatment is just one of many many ways to treat cancer that dont involve chemo or radiation. It was made famous by a Mexican doctor I believe.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

More than half of that video is nonsense about the 5G conspiracy theory, and the guy even has the audacity to slot that conspiracy theory into the known effects of climate change.

You say you don't like theories about Aliens, and Ghosts, but this is pretty close to it in the area of absurdity only with much more dangerous implications given how serious these conspiracy theories are being taken on the right. The Nashville Christmas bomber was motivated by this exact same theory.

And I know you know what QAnon is. We aren't that stupid.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I promise I had no idea what Qanon was. I'm not that into politics. That's why I skipped to the good part.
    Anyway, once the videos go viral, that's when the fun starts.
    BTW I would never imply that you are "stupid".

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Two weeks.

8. Buck Turgidson

Dr. Butter

"Never heard of the cream?"

9. Buck Turgidson

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

3900 Americans died of COVID-19 yesterday.
    That's the George R. Brown convention center General Assembly space (A,B,C rooms united) at a max capacity. Just dead people. :(

We are failing so hard, and I do mean we.

12. NewRoxFan

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Do something Biden!!

14. NewRoxFan

15. NewRoxFan

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Covid Covid Covid. All they talk about is Covid Covid Covid.

Spoken by Trump and endorsed by @bigtexxx

17. NewRoxFan

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The day of no leadership is about to be over.

Biden to Speed Release of Coronavirus Vaccines - Bloomberg

Without spelling out details, Biden said his administration will put in place a much more aggressive vaccination campaign, with greater federal involvement and leadership, and the goal of administering 100 million shots in the first 100 days.

He said he and Vice-president elect Kamala Harris have been talking with state and local leaders about a coordinated approach that meshes the efforts of governments at all levels. Among the specifics: opening up vaccination centers and sending mobile vaccine units to hard-to-reach communities.

“The top thing is that there’s not a coordinated national plan,” Biden adviser Dr. Rick Bright told The Associated Press.

Ducklo said Biden will share additional details next week on how his administration will engage the pandemic when he takes office on Jan. 20.

19. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

I don't know if this is a good idea. I hope the administration is able to get truthful production and supply estimates from Pfizer and Moderna before making this decision. It would be really bad if Pfizer and Moderna become production constrained and won't be able to supply enough for both first and second doses.

If the bottleneck in distribution is in the 'last mile', then releasing more stocked doses won't make a difference. I wish there is more data on longevity vaccine effectiveness with only a single dose. Once the deaths and hospitalization starts to drop, it's going to be hard to get people to go into their doctor for their booster shots since people won't be as worried.

20. NewRoxFan

... and meanwhile, the republicans continue to be republicans...