1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cynical, petty, & lazy: The broken promise of Barack Obama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Jan 21, 2013.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Say what you want, Obama at least tries to change the US for the good. He's maybe one of the few good presidents the country has ever had. However, let's call it the 'system' does not allow it. Politics in general is a charade, but America outdoes every single nation of the world. Most people in power do not want equality, let alone spreading of wealth or health care for all. That's the sad truth and the people though not responsible, are part of the problem. Americans keep believing in this dream that they are a good Christian nation, a "melting-pot" that allows people to live in total freedom. Think again!

2. Major

Major Member

Or your opponents have no interest in governing or finding common ground because they know (or think) they you'll take the blame. They were wrong, and they learned that in November - so now they are being a bit less confrontational so far this time around, as evidenced by the fiscal cliff and debt ceiling.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Where are you getting your news from? Obviously a very biased left wing source.

The US does not have an official religion, by the way.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting, he's won two more elections of consequence than you ever have.

Hope your wine is extra bitter tonight.

5. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

You are not allowed to call anyone 'petty,' Basso.

Seriously.

1 person likes this.
  6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

What news, this is common knowledge..ow really, then I must have heard wrong when they had a choir at the inauguration and several people praising God & Jesus and saying God Bless America.

7. bigtexxx

You're misinformed

try to diversify the sources where you read your news.

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

You know that's actually great advise for most Americans: watch international TV and read international news. Most of you are brainwashed and unfortunately most believe what they see. In the case of the inauguration, you should believe what you see unless you don't want to see the truth.

9. bigtexxx

Watch international news to get news about our own country's domestic affairs? Uh, sorry, but no thanks.

Maybe to get information about other countries.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Mitt is sitting in his nice home with his loving wife, talking to his happy, successful children and figuring out how to make another ten million. We can all come out ahead in this and still be nice, if we'd realized that twenty years ago we'd be so much better off now.

11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

You're just living in denial. I don't swear allegiance to either side, because they're both only looking out for themselves. The sooner you and the masses realize that, the better off we'll be.

12. underoverup

underoverup Member

Yes, you do it says so right in your signature: Yes, I'm a Microsoft Fanboy

:)

13. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

This made me laugh out loud. The Faux colored sheep telling others to check their sources.

[snicker]

14. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You are misinformed. Look at the history of the filibuster during the years that Bush was in office versus those of the last Congress. It isn't even close, the GOP doubled up on Democrat filibusters in only two years.

15. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Oh I'm sorry, which party has a pledge not to work with the other party? I forget, help me out basso. Which party pledged from the first week of this presidents 1st term that their number 1 goal was to get him out of office? (that goal was not met by the way)

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

He has 4 more years to try to turn this country around, so far it sucks...I don't know that he can get this country going and the blame Bush will run dry.

17. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

I don't normally post in this forum, because I come here to read about our Rockets. But from time to time, I do peek into this forum and then quickly have to do something to recover the lost brain cells.

It's sad and almost comical. No matter how much Obama talks about American values, the greatness of our country, giving everyone a fair shot, religion and educating our kids, people like Basso will find fault or something to nitpick.

At some point, they just lose credibility and you feel almost sorry for them. They have spent 4+ years of their life scouring the internet for negative Obama articles, mentioning Obama on a daily basis, belittling their fellow citizens, losing compassion for the poor and elderly, being consumed by hate of a person who doesn't even know they exists and making money for corporate entities who take advantage of their ignorance and bias.
    :(

1 person likes this.
  18. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I'm not sure if you know this, but congress does a lot more than filibuster... you can block legislation many other ways.

Democrats had a super majority for two years and got nothing done. What's the excuse about that one? That's right, they were all too busy looking out for themselves.

19. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

In all fairness, if you believe that the Democrats are more interested in the good of the nation than they are in perpetuating their own power, you're delusional.

If our elected officials in Washington really cared in earnest about the American people, they would stop making themselves sweetheart deals and leaving us with real problems. Exhibit A...they would make themselves subject to the same healthcare system as the rest of us and actually fix it. Exhibit B...their kids would have to actually pay back their student loans.

Instead, all either party does is to give half assed fixes that don't work and cause additional problems. Meanwhile, they and their families get the solutions that work for them. Everybody in Washington wants to grab what they can for themselves. What gets them elected is largely rhetoric.

20. Major

Major Member

That's not what I claimed. I said they don't remotely use the same cheap tactics when people say "both sides do it". Democrats haven't threatened to default the nation to win an election. They haven't made a plan the day a GOP President was elected to destroy them. They haven't tried to win swing states by changing the laws of how electors are decided. Can you point me to ANYTHING similar to this from the Dem side:

Some big-time political shenanigans in Virginia today. State senate Republicans surprised everyone in Richmond by pushing through a mid-decade redistricting plan that is likely to improve their chances in the 2015 Senate elections – but here’s the kicker. They were able to get it through the evenly divided (20-20) Senate only because one Democratic senator, a well-known, 79-year-old veteran of the civil rights movements, was in Washington for President Obama’s second inauguration. Evan McMorris-Santoro reports.

This happened today. If Democrats do the same types of things to gain power, it should be easy to show evidence of it.