1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx: Rockets will go after Durant hard in 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

He's the main guy on the Spurs. Spurs don't have any alphas.

Spurs losing to the Warriors (which could very well happen) wipes away the coat tails argument.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He really wouldn't be, and the fit isn't very good given that they already have Kawhi Leonard to be the SF and LMA to be the PF. You may not think they are "alphas" but they are both superstar players who are already there. Durant would be like the Bosh trying to go hang out with the cool kids so they could win him a championship, something his teams have always failed to do.

If he just wants the jewelry, then he might go that route, but it would just crush his legacy as a top tier superstar.

3. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

If KD want a max contract, I dont see how San Antonio can sign him.
    they have 1 max Leonard
    another max to resign LMA
    Parker 14M
    danny green 10M (they can move him but it is no easy)
    Duncan and Ginobilli with player option

Can somebody explain me how SA sign Durant please?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree that sports should be recreational.

I am mad or angry for a day and the next day I am going to be fine.

this team has been a hot mess and it was not all that rosy when we made WC Finals either

Just saying.

We all want championships but we are not going to ruin our health and state of mind when the opposite happens.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

1. Duncan and Manu retires + they move Danny Green's contract (not that hard)

2. Duncan and Manu opts out and signs for the bare minimum + they move Danny Green's contract + they don't bring back Diaw (non-guaranteed next year)

3. Duncan and Manu retires + they don't bring Diaw back (non-guaranteed next year)

6. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

thank you for the answer.
    I dont see TD and Manu retires
    i can see TD resign for the minimun but not manu (he won good money, but not so much to pass on 2M.(if he resign for the minimum)

7. steddinotayto

I don't think they'll retire either...unless they win the championship this year which makes it all the likely they will.

But if they do come back, the Spurs are about 5-6 million under the pseudo-cap of $92 million right now. They move Green for picks and don't bring Diaw back then they just made about $22 million in cap room.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

lol@ Durant joining just Harden, when he has Westbrook AND Ibaka and a better supporting cast in OKC. Why the hell would he come just to play with Harden and a garbage supporting cast. Dude is staying or going to GS or SA. 80% staying up IMO.

9. steddinotayto

Step 1: Sign with Houston
    Step 2: Russ comes to Houston in 2017
    Step 3: Serge follows right after Russ in 2017

Serge
    Durant
    Harden
    Westbrook

Step 4: Win the 2018 championship

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

I see #3 happening easily. They'll miss Diaw though. But you're getting Durant, so it's a no brainer. This does look like Duncan and Manu's last rodeo.

It will be hard to move Green. He's absolutely a defensive presence they'll miss. He's been terrible on offense though.

11. steddinotayto

I'd take him in a heartbeat. His offense / 3 point shooting wasn't up to norm but this guy is a legit 3 & D.

After last summer's under the radar signing of Aldridge, I don't think anyone can count the Spurs out.

12. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Are you sure Diaw is not guarantee for the next season and team option for the 17/18?
    they have to move patty Mills too

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

PG: Parker/ Mills
    SG: Leonard/ Green/ Simmons
    SF: Durant/ Anderson/ Martin
    PF: Aldridge/ West
    C: Gasol/ Boban

Stacked...

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Dumbest post I've read in a long time. Kevin Durant should just stay in Oklahoma and wait for James Harden to become a free agent and recruit him.........
    Why should Durant join Harden in Houston when the Thunder are better than the Rockets......

15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Because he could take part in picking the coach and another close to max player to join him and Harden. The Thunder are locked into that roster and they just hired a new coach.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So y'all think Durant is gonna join SA after they kill them in the playoffs? LOL

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well if he's 5 years old he might care, but I'm pretty sure he's a grown man who isn't going to throw a fantastic free agent destination for him, just because they are a great team playing very well.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, we have space for two max contracts.

Ibaka is supremely overrated and if Durant leaves you can blame the OKC FO for valuing Ibaka over Harden.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

There are plenty of fantastic free agent destinations aside from the team that just mopped you. And plenty of professional athletes, all grown men, have pride and don't want to join title ready teams that just beat them. Try to come up with a list of grown men, superstar players, that joined title ready teams.

20. jamesdelia

jamesdelia Member

i've heard rumours about players throwing games on purpose because they hate harden. And it's from a source that if, on record, would have been taken very very seriously. Was part of the org for a long time and always knows these things, if this is true.. most of the squad will be cleaned out and only 7 or so players will remain. It's an oppurtunity for durant to come play with harden and basically build a team of his own around himself and harden, with a new coach who they probably won't hire until KD makes a decision so they can use that as a sweetner. Not saying it will happen, just that this is a pretty cool draw to a team where one of your good friends already plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.