1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx: Rockets will go after Durant hard in 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Washington didn't make the playoffs, and are worse than the Thunder, but they are in the East. If Durant is satisfied with making the playoffs but never being a real threat, then go for it.
    Durant and Harden with a great defensive coach and role players that play defense and move the ball would be scary.

I can already see the replies.. '' Harden move the ball?''
    We are getting a new coach, and Harden did average over 7 ast a game.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Well if san antonio is really in the mix then goodbye sweet world.

3. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Kevin Durant won’t sign with Wizards <a href="https://t.co/AGqAVNleTz">https://t.co/AGqAVNleTz</a></p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/723580423670890497">April 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Chris Mannix rehash.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't surprise me, he wasn't even a fan of that franchise when he was growing up.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Wizards seemed like a much better destination for Durant a year ago. But this season was a big disappointment, and I can't imagine him wanting to join a lottery team even in the East.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He ain't signing with the spurs either.

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Go on Washington boards lmao. Their fanbase is jumping ship

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

REPORT: Kevin Durant won't sign with bad basketball team

1 person likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I say sign Durant. Keep the rest of the cap space and sign Ibaka and Westbrook next offseason.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He's going to resign with OKC...I don't even understand why this is a thing.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

So..... We're out as well?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's a given that he throws away another year of his career playing in the sticks with no hope of truly contending for anything just to make a bit more money when he leaves the next season. That's why this is a thing.

14. junk151

junk151 Member

And then change the name of the franchise to the Houston Thunder :grin:

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We've been out. Durant ain't coming to Houston.

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Durant will stay 1 more year so he's not the villain on his own when he leaves. Next year both he and Westbrook can leave and Durant will have the excuse of "i gave it 1 more year when i could have left last year."

Westbrook will sign next year with the Lakers, Knicks or Heat. Nets and Celtics only 2 dark horse teams. I predict the Heat. It just suits him. South Beach. Fashion. Pat Riley.

Durant will go to Longhorn country and join fellow longhorn LaMarcus Aldridge and hard working, but humble and likable superstar Kawhi Leonard. All 3 stars have a chill, laid back personality just like Duncan, Parker, Ginobili 3some. The Spurs will contend for another decade.

Rockets will hire Jeff Van Gundy as Head Coach.

Once Horford stays in the East in a city with a large Dominican population, the Rockets will panic and offer Dwight the max to stay and mostly because JVG took the job to coach him. They will then focus all attention on Mike Conley, but the misery of the 2015/2016 season isn't over and will haunt us in the summer. Morey will be unable to trade Corey Brewer's fresh contract. We will fail to clear any cap space for the 2nd max as the other top free agents sign with other teams.

Your big splash for the 2017 roster will be a resigned DMo for 5 years, Nene Hilario on a 1 year contract for size. Chase Budinger to 3 years for his shooting. Greivis Vasquez for his height to match up with the Warriors when they bring in Livingston. And a vet minimum for hometown big Emeka Okafor after 3 years of neck injury and Chuck Hayes who will eventually beat out Capela and Harrell for minutes. James Johnson and our 2nd round pick will round out the roster for 2016-2017.

The Rockets will win 46 games and lose in the first round. They will never win 50 games or pass the 1st round under JVG and Harden again. James Harden will be a member of the Los Angeles Lakers in 2018. The Rockets will then try for several more seasons to fight for an 8th seed without Harden, but fail. We delay the rebuild due to Van Gundy's pride and Les finally fires JVG in 2020. We go through 5 years of rebuilding. Les sells the team by 2025. The Rockets will be back to a 5th seed level team by 2030, but never really become contenders for the next 5 seasons.

2035-2040 might be our time. Go Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

LOL, that's a terrifying possibility.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Here's the thing.

If the Thunder don't get past the 2nd round then why should he stay?

Once you eliminate the Thunder then what other team is he going to?

Boston is in a better position than us? Washington? Lakers? Blazers? Utah?

I just don't see it. I'm pretty positive that when it comes down to it this offesason it'll be between three teams outside of the Thunder. Boston, Lakers, Rockets...and when this happens you'll be a lot more positive towards this whole thing :p

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lil B is this you? Lmfao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.