1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx: Rockets will go after Durant hard in 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Not all the players..

He will never lose his love for this player

[​IMG]

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't forget Vasillis, er, Vasillis, um, Vaselinus Spoogalotickus.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Actually the Rockets might be able to. Considering all of the teams that will be flush with cap cash to burn, as a role player at 7.5M/7.5M for 2 years, that isn't that bad a contract. Some team (Kings/Nets etc) could easily take him into space for nothing. There will be many teams that strike out at FA and might not be FA destinations and look for other ways to add talent.

5. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

If we can get Durant, Morey will have a fire sell for Brewer/jones/Dmo

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

1. I don't hate anyone.
    2. I am not afraid to call Les cheap - when his actions prove it.
    3. I Like Morey - but I also think he should be held accountable for the mess he created this year and for his lack of believing coaching doesn't make a difference.
    4. I am special as are most all fans here to put up with 20+ years of basically mediocrity because our owner can't get his head out of his ass and build correctly.

IE Durant - his feet are a concern, anyone that has followed the team since Yao should know that.

DMo - and Sam's straw man - never said we should back up a brinks truck, hope to get him for a discount.

Durant - of course you go after the guy - but star chasing is probably the worst way to build a franchise.

What I am not is sunshiny, I am a results oriented person - and right now our results suck - even last year, we knew the team was not a true contender - we hoped, but clearly it is not.

The brand of ball this organization has adopted is horrible, we need better coaching, less reliance on a failed philosophy, and more focus on how players particular STYLE of play fits with our best player Harden.

And one last point - VSpan - all I EVER said was he should be getting a look because Rafer sucked so badly - nothing more than that - but I did say it a lot. :)

DD

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Rockets get a commitment from Durant (and another max FA), yes they will renounce the FA rights to TJones and DMo. And will likely try to move Brewer. Ariza could be another option but they'll explore Brewer first.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

What team would be dumb enough to take Brewer's contract, hell what team would be dumb enough to play him, or put him in the rotation, he is the 12th or lower man - just not good enough.

DD

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

[​IMG]

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

How about the Kings? They almost signed him last summer before Brewer signed with Houston. There will be plenty of teams flush with cap cash to burn. Don't be so quick to assume he isn't moveable.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Ah, the exception that proves the rule.

:)

DD

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Good lord, star chasing has been around forever. Wilt, the Big O, Jabbar, Elvin Hayes, Moses, Dr. J, just to name a few.

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

if we get KD, hopefully we get some older ex-star players that are willing to sign with us for the vet min like Ray Allen did in Miami like Dwert.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

True, I don't mind it, I just don't like that it seems to be our ONLY philosophy.

DD

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Honestly though, is Durant to Houston any better than a 15% shot?

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

15% is very generous.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Impossible to tell. There's some chance he stays in OKC on a one year deal and some chance that he signs on to be just another guy on a stacked team like the Dubs or Spurs in order to let them win a ring for him, but I think Houston's chances are considerably greater than 15%.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hopefully he comes but I'd think he'd want to go to a team that's already a contender

20. Sanity2disChaos

ummm Washington Wizards Maybe....:rolleyes:

red and blue shoes....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.